10+ Year Old Account

WW priority question

Ok so question pertains to running serentiy, if FoF is our highest priority and you obviously want TeB up for both serenity and FoF is it worth delaying FoF until the last bit of serenity or should i pop it initially then spam what BoK, RSK I can get in, I know ideally I'd have FoF on c/d before i popped serenity but then could potentially be delaying a serenity c/d as well.

So just some clarification is it worth delaying my FoF for the last bit of serenity or should i push it to the front?

Deleted
    Do not use FoF during serenity.

Regardless where you use it, you will be wasting more Chi than you are gaining.

If you use it so that FoF channel completely overlapping with serenity, you will be spending 3-4 seconds channeling. This means you "saved" 3 chi, but in reality you could have used BoK 3-4 times (generally 4, I don't think that even most geared of us have FoF channel below 3s yet normally). With using BoK + RSK, you would have saved 6-8 chi. So by using FoF you actually WASTED 3-5 chi.

Now if you use 9x BoK/RSK combo and then FoF, your whole Serenity would have saved 21 chi in total, right? Well, that is nice and all, except during Serenity you will have renewed your energy to the cap, so during the channel of FoF, you will regain enough energy for 1 jab. So you actually just wasted another 1 chi again by being energy capped all the time.

Not to mention that you generally wasted the whole purpose of FoF channel and Serenity as energy regenerative abilities.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Ok so question pertains to running serentiy, if FoF is our highest priority and you obviously want TeB up for both serenity and FoF is it worth delaying FoF until the last bit of serenity or should i pop it initially then spam what BoK, RSK I can get in, I know ideally I'd have FoF on c/d before i popped serenity but then could potentially be delaying a serenity c/d as well.

So just some clarification is it worth delaying my FoF for the last bit of serenity or should i push it to the front?
    Push it to the front because it has a shorter CD which means you'll have less chance to lose out on a cast.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

You won't go too far wrong either way so long as you cast FoF before serenity, but personally I don't delay FoF unless the fight will end before it comes up again.

That said, I will generally line my second pot up to land over the top of a FoF+serenity that can be pulled off within TeB so the scenario doesn't happen there, and I would also generally TeB early (losing a second or two of serenity time) if I had trinket buffs to doubleup with TeB during the FoF.