Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just do a multiplier of damage / heal class based PVP environment, like the sets that change their values in PvP combat. Weaker Builds would higher multipliers of damage and heal. The term CCs may also be affected by the multiplier. I thought better than modify individual skills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    so 1 nerf marks blizzard as widely known for nerfing for pvp. That must be why they are also known for their fast and excellent pvp balance.
    theres been thousands of changes for all classes to better balance pve, regardless of the effects in pvp.
    name 1 hunter specific spell that was nerfed because of something pve related that pvp suffered from

Who cares about PVE? Balance everything around PVP so ill be happy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kind of needed it, 12 secs on cc is a bit much
    http://re-lapse.enjin.com/
    Fri Sat 9PM-1AM EST
    13/13M
    US #1 Weekend Guild
    If you have what it takes, apply.

what bull. traps are the worst cc in the game. shorter cooldown is what compensated for how awful they were. those turtle-slow trap launcher travel times were laughable. what other cc in the came could actually be dodged? =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teksranger View Post
    Kind of needed it, 12 secs on cc is a bit much
    What could be dodged. But i wanna test these out before crying. No need to mind about DR anymore. This will have more effect on bad players in PvP wise (hitting with traps)

They really should make snake trap baseline for survival with this change. It's supposed to be the spec specialized in traps, yet when patch hits the only major difference from the other specs is 10 sec shorter cd on them. This just feels very watered down but giving surv snake trap would redeem it somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    so 1 nerf marks blizzard as widely known for nerfing for pvp. That must be why they are also known for their fast and excellent pvp balance.
    theres been thousands of changes for all classes to better balance pve, regardless of the effects in pvp.
    dont forget about powershot nerf. like instant aimshot nerf and most damage nerfs, including BW duration and CC protection. for those that never got to test the 36 sec of inmune hunter pwnage in wotlk that got us to the basement until cata

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markurius View Post
    They really should make snake trap baseline for survival with this change. It's supposed to be the spec specialized in traps, yet when patch hits the only major difference from the other specs is 10 sec shorter cd on them. This just feels very watered down but giving surv snake trap would redeem it somewhat.
    why ppl love to ask for bad things? snake trap wasnt a good thing until we got entrapment, why do you want a trap to just never use it?

Hope they give back the range, silly how small the traps are now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post

why ppl love to ask for bad things? snake trap wasnt a good thing until we got entrapment, why do you want a trap to just never use it?
    So you dont use snake trap against melee comps? I for one find it a pretty huge thing. Makes kiting people easier, you can root a healer so he cant run away from you etc. It has lots of uses just like explosive trap.. Traps are the reason I love playing Survival right now, shorter cd and lots of ways to do awesome stuff.

I will see how it plays out in the next patch but im afraid the loss of cc will bring us all back to playing MM for competative PvP.

i wish that they would remove the shared cd on ice trap and frost trap. Imo it would justify the simple change by giving us access to a different kind of cc (root and ground zone slow)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Well I guess survival is dead then, cc is all we had :/
    MM it is... Like always, kinda digged playing survival for a change.
    Still think a lot of people cant avoid a slow blue incoming trap..

If you couldn't avoid atleast 1 out of 3 trapt you shouldnt bitch about it. Might as well main my Mage again.
    Is not that slow when you use it against melees
    Anyway i never liked to use traps in my Single target rotations...current time of explo trap forces me to do exacly that.With increased timers atleast i wont forget to use this thing 2-3 times in a row.Alo if they increase the timer explo should get increased time on groud dot to compensate.For other 2 i dont care i paly BM in pvP much more funny is

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    so nerf traps and give us killshot back
    This^ I miss KS
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

So you dont use snake trap against melee comps? I for one find it a pretty huge thing. Makes kiting people easier, you can root a healer so he cant run away from you etc. It has lots of uses just like explosive trap.. Traps are the reason I love playing Survival right now, shorter cd and lots of ways to do awesome stuff.

I will see how it plays out in the next patch but im afraid the loss of cc will bring us all back to playing MM for competative PvP.
    i wish that they would remove the shared cd on ice trap and frost trap. Imo it would justify the simple change by giving us access to a different kind of cc (root and ground zone slow)
    This.

The reason I would like snake trap baseline for survival (or removal of shared cd on ice/freezing as suggested by jpthepope) is to be able to use a trap for slowing and rooting with entrapment. Right now the cd is so short that I can afford to alter between ice and freezing trap without snake trap glyph, but with longer cd I'm afraid I'll always use freezing trap and either be forced to glyph snake trap or just never use a slowing/rooting trap. As a survival hunter i expect to excel at traps, and being in a situation where i almost never use one of my passive abilities and one of my perks (entrapment+improved entrapment) would be very very boring.

I'm not saying snake trap would fix everything for survival, but it would be a step on the way to keep the spec useful and unique.

any update to this?

Has this change been implemented yet? What's the cd now? And what is it going to be in 6.1? Coz as far as pvp goes sv hunters are still one of the top classes in game.

Resto sv is still the God mode comp in 2v2 as well

Lol... Time to reroll

See yall on another class!

P.S Really, no more pvp on my hunter. Rerolling back to feral druid.

Traps should be 20s in 6.1, if I recall correctly. It is not currently in game yet.