Help me improve my DPS

Hi, please look at the logs - specifically at the rogue Suflin. Not present for Butcher and died early on Twins. Thinks he should be doing much better than he is.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...MJcLpA#boss=-2

Deleted
    59.77% Rupture Uptime, 31.43% Hemorrhage. Second potion after SR+ShD?? Why not before nuke? I think he dont even have his Sanguinary veins 25% buff up all time. He must learn to keep his rotation clear and how to use dps cooldowns. Checked Kargath fight.

I play the rogue and in my defense, I was on crowd duty with kargath.

I need to have max uptime with Rupture and Hemo then. But I have a question about Find weakness and Shadow Dance. The goal is to stay in Find weakness as much as possible.

1. What should I prioritise during Shadow Dance? Should I focus on Evis and only Ambush to extend the duration of FW? And what about during FW? Is Evis the most important thing here?
    2. If I rupture during FW does its damage increase for its duration?

Deleted
    find weakness provides a buff to ignore armor (dont Play rogue)? rupture is bleed damage so its not affected by armor.

I did a little comparing to my log on Kargath because that's kind of single target, and this is what I've found:

SnD uptime should be upwards of 98%; his was 93%
    His Rupture should be at least 95%+; his was 59.7%
    His FW uptime was a little low... only 36%. He should try to increase that.

I'm assuming he went into stands because of the fan of knives and crimson tempest spam... he shouldn't be going into stands as a sub rogue. If he's going into stands he should be combat, or you should have another class do it.

A lot of the %s may be low due to him going into stands when he shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Dekk; 2015-01-16 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    During dance you should try and ambush as much as possible. Saying this you should weave in evis when you can at 5cps. Try and save a Ambush for just as your Dance or Vanish is running out as this will refresh you FW and giving you a higher uptime.

Im pretty sure bleeds ignore armor anyway but since Rupture > Evis imo you should be fine refreshing. If you are sub you really shouldnt be going up into the stands you are much better off downstairs.

I suggest getting some weak auras or Rouge power bar/elv ui tracking so you can see your buff/debuffs clearly.

As a rogue you shouldnt die at all on Twins since we have cloak shadow step to avoid the fire and feint for everything else. Try line up your 2nd pot with your 2nd Reflection you will get most use out of it there unless you have a specific need to burn something fast.

If you see dance coming off cooldown make sure you pool energy so you can maximise your burst.

When you are playing assassination make sure you use venom rush. Also you need to keep rupture up 100% on boss and the big fungal your uptime on them both while making sure they are poisoned otherwise you will not get the benefit from venomous wounds. With this you can basicially spam abilities.

If you know you are going up in the stands, you would probably be best served by going combat.

If you are a backup (as i usually am due to double enh and double rets in our raid) then i'd go sub and definitely work on improving rupture uptime. If you dont' want to hemo (perfectly legitimate, but a minor dps loss), open with garrote and ambush (assuming subterfuge talent) backstab to 5 (should only be once, cause you'll get a hat proc), then you can SR, rupture, dance and go to town.

under dance, if you can ONLY ambush evis. however, there will be a little bit of downtime on SND (1-2 seconds) so do a 1-2 cp snd, and you should have 8-10 seconds left on rupture depending on multistrike. If you can, get another 5 cp evis in there before rupture and FW drop off. Then get rupture back on.

The opener is the only time where rupture or snd should have a chance to fall off, unless you are not watching timers closely enough to refresh rupture before chain hurl.

if you are accidentally getting targetted for chain hurl, then you are just too close. when you get knocked back, keep going back to the wall so that there is no possible way you can get selected. Then you can either sprint or shadowstep to get back to target ASAP once the 5 people are being hurled. Should only lose 5ish seconds on target.

Thanks for all the input. I'll apply these changes and see how it goes.