So, about crafted items on Mistweaver Monks...

I was thinking a lot about itemization in the last couple of days. Granted, I'm not a high tier player (GS 660), but I'm making steady progress onto my way to HM Mythic (Hc cleared 3 times as of now).

A lot of items in Highmaul are simply awful for us Mistweaver, mainly because of the useless Mastery stat, that's on every second item. After some research, I found some mythic raiders who actually use crafted items in Mythic, simply because the stats are way better, even when the itemlevel is somewhat below a mythic drop. I know lot of things change with the introduction of BRF, but even then, the crafted items can go up to 680.

My question is fairly simple: Is it generally worth it to craft items for MW Monk because of the stats, or are drops ultimately better, even without WF or a socket? If yes, which items should absolutely be crafted?

Quote Originally Posted by Talez View Post
    I was thinking a lot about itemization in the last couple of days. Granted, I'm not a high tier player (GS 660), but I'm making steady progress onto my way to HM Mythic (Hc cleared 3 times as of now).

A lot of items in Highmaul are simply awful for us Mistweaver, mainly because of the useless Mastery stat, that's on every second item. After some research, I found some mythic raiders who actually use crafted items in Mythic, simply because the stats are way better, even when the itemlevel is somewhat below a mythic drop. I know lot of things change with the introduction of BRF, but even then, the crafted items can go up to 680.

My question is fairly simple: Is it generally worth it to craft items for MW Monk because of the stats, or are drops ultimately better, even without WF or a socket? If yes, which items should absolutely be crafted?
    Me personally I don't think the 100's of ks of gold you have to throw at those epics are very much worth it, especially if your guild hasn't moved into mythic yet. By the time you are in mythic brf will be released and a much better gear set will be available. The only item I think is worth upgrading is maybe the dmf trinket, but even then upgrading that you might as well buy the everburning candle for an extra 25k gold or so.
    The receive I'm speaking about gold because you seem to not have decided and to start crafting things now it would take you well into brf to get everything done.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dapanda/simple

I'm ranked in the 97th percentile on brackenspore so I have no issues with throughput, compared to other mistweavers who may have spent hundreds of thousands of gold, with all my mastery.

there is my armory, as you can see, I havn't even spent the money for the burning tarrot as it simply at this point won't make a difference in my guilds progression. We are 1/7m I have a ton of mastery gear, but the extra int on the higher ilvl gear seems to be worth it for the most part even if it has mastery, I did the math.

There are a few situations though where the crafted pieces are slightly better, but is it worth the 100k gold to get it to mythic? I don't think so. Especially if you are pulling your weight already in your raid.
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2015-01-16 at 12:41 PM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

If you have money to spare, and if we are to look at stat weight, you would want to consider crafting Leggings (this will only be replaced by Mythic leggings from Margok), and Boots (not replaceable by Highmaul mythic unless you get a mythic Tectus boots with gem slot). Head is a good option as well (only replaced by Koragh mythic), and if you can get the 665 BOE leather head, it is a cheaper alternative that is almost comparable to the 670 crafted head. Of course, above premise is based on the assumption that your crafted items are of multistrike/critical.

Regarding trinket, rather then Everburning Candle, Copeland Clarity may be a better option if you are good at managing your mana. IMO, MW needs very little mana.