Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Looks very solid, I agree with the comments on it being a very long read though. The problem with players that don't keybind is that they aren't willing to put in a lot of effort to optimize their play, so investing their time in a read like that is hit or miss

Quote Originally Posted by blooblahguy View Post
    Looks very solid, I agree with the comments on it being a very long read though. The problem with players that don't keybind is that they aren't willing to put in a lot of effort to optimize their play, so investing their time in a read like that is hit or miss
    Rather ignorant to assume lack of keybinding is due to lack of effort.
    People need to stop this petty and arrogant assumption that it is just a case of practice.
    There is a reason why not everyone is going to be the next Usain Bolt or the next David Beckham simply if they practice a lot at a given sport.
    Everyone is unique, nobody has the same physical capabilities as anyone else and therefore not everyone can achieve the same reach with keybinding.
    Sure, there may be some alternative devices such as a mouse or keypad which may suit that user more, but finding one is going to be very hit plus the cost consideration.

In short keybinding offers a higher skillcap, a higher potential but it certainly is not going improve everyone's performance as much as some people like to think.
    Some will benefit more than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blooblahguy View Post
    Hey thanks a lot! Yup I agree the length is still too long, and I'm slacking a bit on sorting the guide into beginner and advanced sections haha. Actually I've been busy playing my survival hunter in pvp and sorting out my UI/bindings/macros for him haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    People need to stop this petty and arrogant assumption that it is just a case of practice.
    There is a reason why not everyone is going to be the next Usain Bolt or the next David Beckham simply if they practice a lot at a given sport.
    Everyone is unique, nobody has the same physical capabilities as anyone else and therefore not everyone can achieve the same reach with keybinding.
    Sure, there may be some alternative devices such as a mouse or keypad which may suit that user more, but finding one is going to be very hit plus the cost consideration.

In short keybinding offers a higher skillcap, a higher potential but it certainly is not going improve everyone's performance as much as some people like to think.
    Hey ComputerNerd, I'd definitely agree with you that it's not always due to lack of effort, as a direct quote from my guide;

"I have given keybinding advice to many players I have met over the years, and I have consistently heard the same explanations as to why they have initially avoided keybinding, namely that they;

1. Are uncomfortable changing existing keybinds to something other than what they use
    2. Do not know what tools they need to begin keybinding
    3. Do not know how to create effective keybindings
    4. Are easily frustrated with the learning curve of adopting keybindings
    5. Are unaware of “unconvential” (yet very effective) keybinding buttons
    6. Are unaware of the advantages of keybinding compared to clicking"

Definitely many factors to consider.

I bind all attacks to 1-6, CDs to Shift+1-5 with special abilities and aoe attacks to Shift+(n letter). Also, the tilde (~`) key makes a great bind for an option ability, or proc ability or offensive CD macro "all in one". Button-y rotations like Shadow Priest or enhance shaman for example, its a very convenient bind (even with shift+ or alt+).

Also, even across classes my keybinds have formed 'their own' pattern, such as all of my 'root' abilities being Shift+R, my pvp trinket (or emfh) Shift+X, snare escape Shift+Z, Interrupts are all on my middle mouse button, etc...

I'd also point out that Shift+ a 'movement key' are viable binds... Keyboard turners are just a whole other issue of bad play, so binding these keys with shift macros I'd recommend because it breaks that habit. Always look with the mouse.... always...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

If you acknowledge a circular argument in the first place, you'd realize that ultimately key binding DOES take effort, and actually IS effective, so it's about learning to use superior tools that are very much included in the kit. So when you start from there the conclusion is fairly straightforward. David Beckham is better off practicing with a soccer ball. Usain Bolt is better of practicing on the track. Sure, David could try to use anvils, but he might risk ending his career.