Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    According to there Reddit they are gonna change airdrops to : having WAY smaller chance of weapons ... having a chance to drop in a larger area and NOT ontop of you.

Airdrops are ment to be a server event thing not a way to gear up yourself.

Those changes sounds super nice imo.

Edit they also offer refunds :

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comment...refund_policy/

Imo they are trying to fix it.
    That sounds more promising.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Was excited because as much as I enjoy DayZ's concepts, it just never worked in practice and the development has been slow as shit. H1Z1 has potential even if it's just "more of the same." Simply because of its pedigree. I dunno if I wanna shell out $20 for early access...but I do need something to play.

Plus I have like a billion station cash from playing Planetside 2...so that'd be fun to use up.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Was excited because as much as I enjoy DayZ's concepts, it just never worked in practice and the development has been slow as shit. H1Z1 has potential even if it's just "more of the same." Simply because of its pedigree. I dunno if I wanna shell out $20 for early access...but I do need something to play.

Plus I have like a billion station cash from playing Planetside 2...so that'd be fun to use up.
    Yeah, that's where I'm at. I'm okay with more of the same, as long as it fucking works, because nothing else, so far, has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Yeah, that's where I'm at. I'm okay with more of the same, as long as it fucking works, because nothing else, so far, has.
    That's how I am, and for once I've decided to wait a bit before making the purchase.

I'm not even sure if I care about the complaints so far...P2W has never been an issue for me whether I take part it in or not. If someone's gotta spend $20 to get on my level, I don't care. Just makes it all the sweeter when I whoop 'em. I've lived through and enjoyed APB (even after G1 bought it) which is about as P2W as it gets and still wrecked nerds like it was my job. My concerns start and stop with "is it fun, and does it work/make sense."

So for all of the airdrop whining, I just want it to do more...I don't care what's in it or isn't in it. As long as it adds something interesting to the game. Injecting PvP hot spots is certainly something that could be interesting.

yes I am aware this post was very "internet tough guy'ish"...but fuck it, I'm a goddamn hero.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    I bet most of the people who have given negative reviews on steam don't bother taking up that offer for a refund. We'll see how it goes.

Tried to play yesterday, couldn't connect to login servers, didn't even know about the airdrops till this morning. Really don't care because I just can't see people buying it if they know it attracts bandits and zeds. Dunno how my friend is gonna take it, he gets all emo when p2w is involved. I might still piddle around with it, might ask for a refund and wait for killing floor 2 if I dont have a group because of this.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

I'm not sure what's more disgusting: an alpha game releasing with working micro-transactions, or people actually buying them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Devs straight up lied about their game and the whole P2W thing, doesn't give a bright future for the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    I'm not sure what's more disgusting: an alpha game releasing with working micro-transactions, or people actually buying them.
    Yes how dare people spend their money on entertainment and support the developers at the same time, like all those millions of people playing games like hearthstone, heroes of the storm, DOTA2 (which had working microtransactions in beta for a long time).

With regards to airdrops:

Sony expressly stated their intent and reasoning BEFORE the game went into early access. From a recent blog post almost a day before access was opened;

We have made the decision to allow paid for airdrops into the game with things like guns and other things being randomly selected as part of the airdrop. We’re making them highly contested and building a whole set of rules around this, but you should be aware that our goal is to make this a way to keep things interesting on the servers but still be contested. If these offend your sensibilities just know that they are going to be there. We have gone out of our way to make sure the airdrops are contested in-game and that you can’t simply expect to easily walk about to the airdrop and grab it. Even if you paid for it.
    It is the DESIGN INTENTION that airdrops be contested, risky and not guaranteed to the purchasing player.

Airdrops are meant to make things interesting or just raise a commotion as the game relies on emergent gameplay interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The thing is, all the negative reviews about air drops are outright lies and it's a shame that a game can be downvoted by a ridiculous crusade from people who seem to have nothing better to do than copy everyone else.

The irony of people lying about the developers lying.

The developers said air drops could contain guns before release. If people do not like that, they should not have bought it. People should not blindly drop money on a game without reading anything about it and then complain that they don't like it. People see one bad review saying that the devs said cosmetic items only, and suddenly everyone is saying it.

The complaints so far that I've read in bulk on reddit, steam forums and in the reviews.

1. The game didn't release on time and servers had issues at the start.

Yes, that's true. It was delayed approximately 4 hours on release, + another 2 hours to get servers running smoothly. This is an early access game. This is alpha access. MMOs that launch for good often have some problems at the start, let alone an alpha. Really, go to bed, wake up in the morning and it'll be running... but do you know what? Expect a lot more problems when you buy an alpha game.

2. This is a free to play title. Charging money for early access is fraud.

It's not fraud. You're told it's free to play on release, and it will be. That's it. You may not like paid beta access, but it is not illegal, it is not fraud, and you have the right to wait until the game releases. There are plenty of games that do this; dungeon defenders 2 right now has paid beta access for a free to play game. It's not a new thing.

3. It's pay 2 win.

It sort of is. In a sense. You can pay for an airdrop that is a free for all on a PvP server, meaning you'll probably die to get it. It can contain guns, ammo, health kits, good stuff. The developers stated before release that the game would have a cosmetic cash shop, and paid for air drops. They did not say cosmetic only air drops. People heard what they wanted to and went along with the crowd with the pitchforks. I don't like the system personally, I hope that they add no airdrop servers but ultimately they did not lie. They told people airdrops could contain guns and people did not take the time to do any research then copied the rest of the crowd when complaining about it.

Those 3 issues are making up the massive bulk of the negative reviews and it is a shining example of how terrible steams review system can be. Now people researching the game will check the reviews first, and assume the developers are lying scumbags because hey, 1000 people on steam said so and they won't buy the game. Fact is, I wouldn't buy a game where the developers had actually lied to people. I will buy a game that has some pay 2 win elements if I don't actually care about those and think that I'll enjoy it regardless.

It's written right here https://www.h1z1.com/dev-updates/h1z...n-early-access

This article was published 12 hours before you could buy the game on steam. That's all people had to do, read one document clearly available and labelled what you can expect in early access - you know, so you know what to expect, before you buy it.

I am so tired of gamers these days, I really am.
    Right? Stupid gamers getting mad at devs making pay to win/pre release bugged to shit games. Youre defending a company thats using shitty market strats to trick dumb kids with money. And they are getting them to beta test the game while getting paid! This is like... grimy shit here dude. Any negative buzz about this game or any like it is a good for gaming.

H1Z1 CRASHES AS SOON AS YOU LOAD INTO THE MAP. H1Z1 LETS YOU BUY A RIFLE THAT CAN SHOOT THROUGH WALLS WITH REAL MONEY. H1Z1 LETS YOU "DONATE" REAL MONEY FOR AN INVINCIBILITY BUFF DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH YOU SPEND.

Fuck this game, any game like it, and the devs who made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Right? Stupid gamers getting mad at devs making pay to win/pre release bugged to shit games.
    Actually, yes. Stupid gamers.

It is pre-release. A game in active live development that has not even had a beta yet. There are fully released games with multi-million dollar budgets that are have programing bugs. That is the nature of software development.

Even more so in the case of software that is expressly stated and actively in development pre-release. Bugs in the software as an issue to the end user at this stage of development is beneath concern.

There is also a total misuse and gross misunderstanding of the English language going on here. Pay-to-win literally is stating paying is directly contributing to winning, in this case the game goals. Reading the Son blog and observing the practice of the gameplay mechanisms known as "Air Drops" within H1Z1 it is a total fallacy to claim the buying of air drops allows one to satisfy the game goals in a win state.

It is the exact opposite intention and mechanic. Stated flatly by Sony:

We have made the decision to allow paid for airdrops into the game with things like guns and other things being randomly selected as part of the airdrop. We’re making them highly contested and building a whole set of rules around this, but you should be aware that our goal is to make this a way to keep things interesting on the servers but still be contested. If these offend your sensibilities just know that they are going to be there. We have gone out of our way to make sure the airdrops are contested in-game and that you can’t simply expect to easily walk about to the airdrop and grab it. Even if you paid for it.
    They can't be more upfront about their design and intention than that. More so is merely a rewording of what is already written in English.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-01-17 at 05:00 PM.

Deleted
    looks like dayz and rust mixed together. pass. that video someone posted made me not want the game after months of looking forward to it. ah well.

also yeah air drops should be contested.. but being able to buy air drops is just bullshit imo.

I'm still collecting infos on this game/project, but I might buy it, test it for what it is atm, than wait until its release (or just maybe in a better state) to play it more seriously.

I've been reading the comments on steam, I dont get why people get mad about a game in alpha state, specially since it will be f2p at release. Just wait for the official release if you are afraid that this 20$ will be lost. When I drop money on "on developpement" games (Rust, Space Engineers, KSP, Starbound, 7 days to die, and a lot lot more...), I expect them to be bugged, have server issues, have roll back, game breaking stuff, etc. If I wasnt comfortable with that, I'd just keep my money and wait for release. For me, its just a way to help the devs on project that interest me, but no one is forced to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Actually, yes. Stupid gamers.

It is pre-release. A game in active live development that has not even had a beta yet. There are fully released games with multi-million dollar budgets that are have programing bugs. That is the nature of software development.

Even more so in the case of software that is expressly stated and actively in development pre-release. Bugs in the software as an issue to the end user at this stage of development is beneath concern.

There is also a total misuse and gross misunderstanding of the English language going on here. Pay-to-win literally is stating paying is directly contributing to winning, in this case the game goals. Reading the Son blog and observing the practice of the gameplay mechanisms known as "Air Drops" within H1Z1 it is a total fallacy to claim the buying of air drops allows one to satisfy the game goals in a win state.

It is the exact opposite intention and mechanic. Stated flatly by Sony:

They can't be more upfront about their design and intention than that. More so is merely a rewording of what is already written in English.
    I think the air drops can and will be abused, on both sides (ordering the drop, and seeing/trying to get someone's drop) and will lead to just another shitty community. And I couldnt care less what sony says about it the pre-release. Its bad business. I hope I meet someone from sony, ill tell them im going to kick them in the nuts, so when I kick them in the nuts, it's ok, because I told them it was going to happen. Thems the rules now right?

Deleted
    any hackers yet?

they're bad enough in rust and dayz which you need to pay for... i just dont understand why they went with free to play.

I think the air drops can and will be abused, on both sides (ordering the drop, and seeing/trying to get someone's drop) and will lead to just another shitty community.
    The drops are specifically designed so that it encourages other people to steal them if they can, that's one of the main points of it.

I hope I meet someone from sony, ill tell them im going to kick them in the nuts, so when I kick them in the nuts, it's ok, because I told them it was going to happen.
    That's not even remotely the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    any hackers yet?

they're bad enough in rust and dayz which you need to pay for... i just dont understand why they went with free to play.
    From what I've been reading/seen, yes.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2015-01-18 at 12:37 AM.

Deleted
    get a group, pick an area.. buy lots of air drops. dont really care about the air drop. kill and loot everyone who comes snooping around. its not abusing air drops thats obviously a legitimate tactic to make the game more enjoyable.

I think the air drops can and will be abused, on both sides (ordering the drop, and seeing/trying to get someone's drop) and will lead to just another shitty community.
    How can it be abused in a manner that is not in violation of the TOS?

Using in-game means of securing the air drops is EXACTLY what Sony wants to happen in the creation of air drops. Sony wants that tension, contest and conflict to exist around air drops.

It is part of the rules of operation and intention of game design that air drops allow players to contest their delivery & acquisition. Players can chose to not buy the air drops. One can not guarantee their acquisition either way.

And I couldnt care less what sony says about it the pre-release.
    Caring is not required. It is simply what is known about the game beforehand, stated openly and publicly.

I hope I meet someone from sony, ill tell them im going to kick them in the nuts, so when I kick them in the nuts, it's ok, because I told them it was going to happen. Thems the rules now right?
    No, that would be assault. Which is illegal.

It is legal for a product to state it's use, operation and intention truthfully however. Which consumers can not file action against if the product is fit to purpose as stated by the product maker.

So no. "Thems" are not the rules, like at all actually.