building New PC - Budget [£1,000]

so im looking to upgrade my current system as its struggling to play wow on good settings.

done some looking around and found these components but before i buy them, im looking for some feedback incase there are better components i can buy for the same price.

Motherboard
    Asus Maximus VI Formula Intel Z87 Socket LGA1150 HDMI DisplayPort ATX Motherboard

RAM
    16GB 2400MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 DIMM (Kit of 4) XMP Beast Series

Graphics
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card

CPU
    Intel Core i7 4770S 3.10GHz Socket 1150 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Case
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced USB 3.0 ATX Case

Power Supply
    Havent yet found a power supply as i dunno if id need 700w or higher

Deleted
    What are the other components you will re-use or you will buy everything?
    Filling out the forum sticky will help us thus yourself to get a better overview and setup.
    I can tell you off-hand the cpu in non go.

Include the following information when posting a request.

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Ideally include a list of parts, we see the same request almost every day. There are other topics that have parts lists that you can copy and modify.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    What are the other components you will re-use or you will buy everything?
    Filling out the forum sticky will help us thus yourself to get a better overview and setup.
    I can tell you off-hand the cpu in non go.
    only thing ill be reusing will be the HDD/ optical drives, everything else ill be buying

Budget - £1000
    Resolution - 1920x1080 or higher
    Games / Settings Desired - WoW, gta 5 - max settings
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)- streaming/ gaming mostly
    Country - UK
    Parts that can be reused - HDDs / Optical drives
    Do you need an OS? - No
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? - Keyboard speaker/soundbar ( with audio jack input for earphones )
    Last edited by Isoz; 2015-01-16 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    Does that 1k then include peripherals (monitor-keyboard-mouse) and o/s?

Does that 1k then include peripherals (monitor-keyboard-mouse) and o/s?
    no, £1k budget is purely for the tower.

have OS, Mouse & monitor
    Last edited by Isoz; 2015-01-16 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    Ok total is a little over but i fitted a mechanical keyboard in there, you can get a cheaper keyboar and a little cheaper mobo if you absolutely need to stay at 1k.

- This is the i7 you need to get if you got for an i7 otherwise an i5 4690k will do as good in gaming provided you can overclock it at same 4.4 as the i7 i proposed. The i7 just gives you a little edge when streaming, video editing etc.

- Mobo has it all, above that you will be pay for features you will most likely never use or care, you can probably get a cheaper one and do what you want.

- 8gb of ram is plenty for gaming. You definately don't need 16 unless you want to have 2 games, music,streaming and 50 chrome tabs open^^

- You talked about having hdds, so i added an ssd for your o/s and games, use your hdd for storage.

- Picked the MSI 970 cause its the most silent one while being on of the best ones in performance.

- Good 650W psu, that is already too much for a gtx970. 550W would be ideal with alot of headroom but this one is semi-modular and cheaper than the 550W equivalents.

- Case aesthetics are personal, i original had picked a Phantecs Entho Pro but its a little more expensive. Aesthetics aside both are good cases.

- Decent speakers and keyboard considering the budget. Red switches were picked pick what you like, i mostly like brown switches on mech keyboards but couldn't find a "cheap" one.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£244.94 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler (£30.14 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£106.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£57.53 @ Ebuyer)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£79.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (£280.00 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Fractal Design FD-CA-CORE-3500-BL-W ATX Mid Tower Case (£66.98 @ Novatech)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£61.00 @ CCL Computers)
    Keyboard: Cherry G80-3850LYBGB-2 Wired Standard Keyboard (£53.96 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II 28W 2ch Speakers (£54.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £1035.30
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-16 14:21 GMT+0000

Ok total is a little over but i fitted a mechanical keyboard in there, you can get a cheaper keyboar and a little cheaper mobo if you absolutely need to stay at 1k.

- This is the i7 you need to get if you got for an i7 otherwise an i5 4690k will do as good in gaming provided you can overclock it at same 4.4 as the i7 i proposed. The i7 just gives you a little edge when streaming, video editing etc.

- Mobo has it all, above that you will be pay for features you will most likely never use or care, you can probably get a cheaper one and do what you want.

- 8gb of ram is plenty for gaming. You definately don't need 16 unless you want to have 2 games, music,streaming and 50 chrome tabs open^^

- You talked about having hdds, so i added an ssd for your o/s and games, use your hdd for storage.

- Picked the MSI 970 cause its the most silent one while being on of the best ones in performance.

- Good 650W psu, that is already too much for a gtx970. 550W would be ideal with alot of headroom but this one is semi-modular and cheaper than the 550W equivalents.

- Case aesthetics are personal, i original had picked a Phantecs Entho Pro but its a little more expensive. Aesthetics aside both are good cases.

- Decent speakers and keyboard considering the budget. Red switches were picked pick what you like, i mostly like brown switches on mech keyboards but couldn't find a "cheap" one.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£244.94 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler (£30.14 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£106.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£57.53 @ Ebuyer)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£79.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (£280.00 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Fractal Design FD-CA-CORE-3500-BL-W ATX Mid Tower Case (£66.98 @ Novatech)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£61.00 @ CCL Computers)
    Keyboard: Cherry G80-3850LYBGB-2 Wired Standard Keyboard (£53.96 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II 28W 2ch Speakers (£54.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £1035.30
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-16 14:21 GMT+0000
    wow thanks, i may go ahead with thay build but up the ram to 16gb just because i can haha :P

may replace the keyboard with a Razer BlackWidow Chroma, i know its 3x the price of the suggested one but i have a razer headset & mouse so may aswell get the trio.
    and go for the cool master case aswell, i have that same case with my current setup and i love it buying all the parts from ebuyer ( except the SSD/HDDs & case ) total price £910.40(£1100ish with ram which im happy with), ram isnt in stock so may need to replace that aswell, G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX Memory maybe?

Last edited by Isoz; 2015-01-16 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Yes that ram is fine or any ram 1600-2133MHz the cheaper the better. Just avoid ram with tall heatsings cause they don't fit below those aftermarket big air coolers and prefferable running at 1.5v not 1.65v.

About the case i had it bought around 2010 i think, still have it, houses my wifes pc atm. I would not reckon it. It was awesome case back then then but outdated atm . Its dusty, no case filters not that much cable management behind the main plate etc. Don't get me wrong, its not a bad case but for the money you can get far better cases that have everything. For that price range the Phanteks Enthoo Pro is considered one of the best around, it has everything, looks, filters, cable manegement, even psu cover.