Deleted

Arms buff and Haste

Hello,

I am unsubbed so would like to ask for some theorycrafting help.
    As Arms had a mastery buff and haste had a general buff, would there now be a point to have a soft cap for haste?

Reason being, whirlwind got nerfed and haste reduced the time on mortal strike cd. Mortal strike is affected by Mastery.
    Haste has symbiosis with Mastery for Arms, where as Crit does not have any symbiosis apart from the dmg itself when it procs.

Maybe haste will also make Arms more bare-able to play?

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMaelstrom View Post
    Reason being, whirlwind got nerfed
    Reason being, no it didn't.
    And haste still not that good for arms warrior.
    Currently its kinda like Crit > Mastery = Haste = Multi > Versatility
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2015-01-16 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    Currently its like :
    Mastery > Crit > Multistrike > versa > haste

For single target / 2-3tar cleave

For 3+ is
    Crit > multi > mastery > versa > haste

Quote Originally Posted by mmlskilles View Post
    Currently its like :
    Mastery > Crit

For single target
    According to what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    According to what?
    When you get close to 20% crit unbuffed mastery starts pulling ahead for single target, not the case for cleave/aoe tho.
    You can sim it...

Deleted
    I dont get why multistrike would be better for Arms when Arms doesnt hit very often.

In 5.4, when mastery was basically what multi strike is now, I did an extensive study of dmg in BGs and if I took crit>haste>mastery gear + reforging
    I would get <10% overall more dmg than crit>mastery>haste

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMaelstrom View Post
    I dont get why multistrike would be better for Arms when Arms doesnt hit very often.

In 5.4, when mastery was basically what multi strike is now, I did an extensive study of dmg in BGs and if I took crit>haste>mastery gear + reforging
    I would get <10% overall more dmg than crit>mastery>haste
    It doesn't matter how often you hit. Multistrike is basically the same as crit, it amplifies the damage your spell/ability/autoattack does, it doesn't have its own scaling(except for a few specs). So if you hit 100 times for 1k or 10 times for 10k, on average you'd still get the same damage increase from multistrike.
    Also, anecdotal evidence from battlegrounds doesn't mean anything.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2015-01-16 at 01:48 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Crit>Mastery=MS>>>>Haste>Vers is the stat prio as it currently stands for Arms. Mastery is about equal to Crit on single target, but as soon as you add more targets it dips in value.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    When you get close to 20% crit unbuffed mastery starts pulling ahead for single target, not the case for cleave/aoe tho.
    You can sim it...
    That's the same result I found.

Sadly at ilvl665 I'm at 20% unbuffed crit gemmed/enchanted crit, so if I switch mastery NOW I will loose DPS, but that will change as soon as I get a pair of upgrades

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Crit>Mastery=MS>>>>Haste>Vers is the stat prio as it currently stands for Arms. Mastery is about equal to Crit on single target, but as soon as you add more targets it dips in value.
    Deal is, depending on gear, for st you can get weird results like my own from latest sim
    (And yes i know in any sort of cleave that isn't the case)
    (unrelated but i sim 3.2k more dps as fury with same conditions)

edit: even 2 targets (say twins)

Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2015-01-16 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    I did like 10-15 simulations of top warr dpses like fragnance / kreps / warriorsarri and so on. Every single sim = same results.
    mastery pulls ahead of crit once u have about ~18-20% crit unbuffed
    The only difference is the weights of stats, but that changes dinamically with ur ilvl

Deleted
    ofc it will be more or less the same. There isn't much gear variation except sockets, maybe 1 crafted item here and there and which of the two 2handers you got.

Go mastery if you prefer single target. Haste if you prefer cleave.

For single target mastery is arms best stat. For cleave it's haste and mastery is the worst stat.. Ultimately you have to pick your poison. I'd recommend the latter for obvious reasons.

Deleted
    So from asking around.. while PvP performance is <> DPS...
    Haste is does help Arms in PvP helping dish out dmg when needed and making it more bareable.
    Although arguably, the number of items to play with in the pvp set is very limited.