Challenge mode gold improving time - tips

So we have finished all gold CM achievements. But now we want to compete in them for ranks. I wanted to look for tips on how to speed up, and found nothing.
    Where can I look for those?

Quote Originally Posted by Voley View Post
    So we have finished all gold CM achievements. But now we want to compete in them for ranks. I wanted to look for tips on how to speed up, and found nothing.
    We're currently reworking how we do CM's so we can effective 4 - 4.5 man them. We will usually either trial and error (Let's pull these packs together and see if I can survive with X cooldowns) or watch a couple videos of various speed cmode times and see what you could implement. Eg, we saved a hell of a lot of time in Everbloom utilizing gliders!

EDIT: To add, getting better itemized gear helps tremendously (and I'm not saying "durr ur DPS will do more DPS with better gear herp derp" becomes that's obvious). I currently tank and I'm now at the point I can generally keep myself alive on a lot of the bosses which enables our Resto Druid to instead DPS (he will pull in the region of 30k). Being able to 'add' an extra DPS on each boss cuts massive chunks of time.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2015-01-16 at 02:43 PM.

You must be playing a Death Knight, because I can't imagine staying alive indefinitely in a challenge mode as a warrior tank!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    You must be playing a Death Knight, because I can't imagine staying alive indefinitely in a challenge mode as a warrior tank!
    That's because warrior tanks get the short end of every stick when it comes to tanking. After seeing what other tanks are capable of.. I hate being Prot Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprophecy2186 View Post
    That's because warrior tanks get the short end of every stick when it comes to tanking. After seeing what other tanks are capable of.. I hate being Prot Warrior.
    Must be hard playing the tank with highest mobility who is also generally cosidered the best tank class in the game.

Slootbag from Midwinter ranks tanks as Warrior >= Paladin = Monk > DK > Druid.
    This is also in line with what tanks most of the top guilds are using, such as Sejta from Paragon rerolling Warrior instead of his druid.
    Just look at the top 3 guilds this tier: Paragon used warrior + paladin, so did Method, Style War even played with 2x warrior.

DKs having mass grip for trash and good survivability in low damage situations (such as 5mans) is far from warrior tanks always getting the short end of every stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    Must be hard playing the tank with highest mobility who is also generally cosidered the best tank class in the game.

This is also in line with what tanks most of the top guilds are using, such as Sejta from Paragon rerolling Warrior instead of his druid.
    Just look at the top 3 guilds this tier: Paragon used warrior + paladin, so did Method, Style War even played with 2x warrior.

DKs having mass grip for trash and good survivability in low damage situations (such as 5mans) is far from warrior tanks always getting the short end of every stick.
    which had nothing at all to do with CMs...

Quote Originally Posted by Voley View Post
    Watch youtube videos or streams of groups pushing times, try to plan out cooldown use and when you are potting, knowing what you can skip and which path is fastest isn't always clear-cut and of course practice.

This topic is about CM's not raids, warrior are probably the worst tank in CM's.

Raid tanking has absolutely nothing to do with CMs. I'm sure that's what he was talking about.

I'm very optimistic about how we'll do with these damage buffs though. Our utility is very poor for CMs. Maybe dps will be our niche.

Quote Originally Posted by HitpointSC View Post
    Maybe dps will be our niche.
    That, and whining :P