Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I see, the obvious solution is to double down and bomb them some more!
    better to be sure and drop a sun on them along with a black hole an exploding supernova some volcanoes some tsunamis and some earthquakes.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Well, I suppose that depends on your tolerance to slaughter. We could kill the entire population, hunt down and kill every professing Muslim on the planet. After a generation or so Islamic extremism would be gone.

Such an act would be horrifically evil, it would destroy any semblance of morality we may claim to have, but it could be done.

Islamic Extremism is a pinprick to the west, it is nothing. The Media covers each attack with wall to wall coverage for weeks, but what does it actually do? Heart Disease kills thousands of times more than terrorism. Even such relatively rare things as drowning an electrocution kill many times what terrorist acts do, at least it the west. It in no way justifies mass slaughter of innocents.

It does justify tracking down and killing the terrorists that do it, but this isn't a culture/religious war on Islam yet, we could make it that way if enough people feel like you, and then billions will die.

I was being sarcastic, I would reccomend watching a documentary on the soviet invasian of afghanistan, that bit of history has the most to due with the current situation in the middle east than any other event. And how progressive afghanistan was before religious radicals tried to overthrow the government and the soviet union occupied it.

Last edited by arandomuser; 2015-01-17 at 12:17 AM.

Anyone else sick of hearing about all this ISIS and other terrorist shit?

Im so over it Im passed the point of caring.

This is like me being in ancient china caring about persia invading greece. Im gona be like the average ancient chinese citizen and not give a fuck anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like we're not bombing them hard enough.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post

This is the important part (source fox news), it literately say if you say anything bad about jews then that's a reason to get arrested, but you are allowed to say everything about Muslims.
    I'd suggest you study the actual law before assuming anything from fox news, The law basically states it's illegal to deny the holocaust or to discriminate against jews. In reality this means you are allowed to ridicule jewish believes and their symbols, you aren't allowed to discriminate jews however. In other european nations discrimination of any kind is always illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Papidipoopi View Post
    The law basically states it's illegal to deny the holocaust
    That's mindboggling.

Deleted
    Think of it like this...

If we don't get involved, ISIS takes over large chunks of the mideast and oil trade. Not only that but we have a very powerful, rich, and bloodthirsty terrorist state that hates the entirety of the West.

If we airstrike them we slow them down, hopefully giving the Kurds, Iraqis, and Syrians time to fight them off. If we weren't doing these airstrikes Kurdistan and Baghdad might be under IS control.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    The only reason Obama hasn't sent any yet is because he doesn't wanna break his election promise, though he should have.

Once that's done, ISIS will fold over like tinfoil, they are only tough against unarmed civilians, pussies against the rest.
    It's a good thing the armed forces don't have your ridiculous outlook.

Plus all you... there's no other word for it... fucking idiots talking about nuking. That will never happen, not while there's an innocent civilian population, and definitely not as a first strike.
    Last edited by willtron; 2015-01-17 at 01:40 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahah... the US and its allies don't want them to die. They want them to grow, so they can herd them up into Russia at a later date.

ISIS is a US ally. They armed them. They supported them at the start. Now they're just trying to convince you otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Think of it like this...

If we don't get involved, ISIS takes over large chunks of the mideast and oil trade. Not only that but we have a very powerful, rich, and bloodthirsty terrorist state that hates the entirety of the West.

If we airstrike them we slow them down, hopefully giving the Kurds, Iraqis, and Syrians time to fight them off. If we weren't doing these airstrikes Kurdistan and Baghdad might be under IS control.
    Think of it like this..

the more we bomb them the bigger their numbers get.
    This is ideologies you're fighting. Not a standard war.
    You might slow the army, but sending two European citizens back to Europe to bomb shit is impossible to prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Not true.

1. The humiliation many experienced in the EU.
    2. Humiliation from Israel's victories. Again the reason Israel exists is because of the Holocaust created by the Germans.
    3. Humiliation from Colonization. That Baathists who are shaping ISIS came into power in response to colonialism.
    4. Humiliation from being so far behind the Christian nations.

So what does humiliation bring? Hitler rose to power due to the humiliation of Germany. People want to feel good and will do almost anything to restore their pride.

It's amazing how far from the target you are.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Not true.

1. The humiliation many experienced in the EU.
    2. Humiliation from Israel's victories. Again the reason Israel exists is because of the Holocaust created by the Germans.
    3. Humiliation from Colonization. That Baathists who are shaping ISIS came into power in response to colonialism.
    4. Humiliation from being so far behind the Christian nations.

So what does humiliation bring? Hitler rose to power due to the humiliation of Germany. People want to feel good and will do almost anything to restore their pride.

It's amazing how far from the target you are.
    Humiliation?
    We are talking about hunger, death and hopelessness... not humiliation.
    More chaos pushes more people towards potential recruitment. More bombs equals more chaos, especially when done without any plan backing actions up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Think of it like this..

This is ideologies you're fighting. Not a standard war.
    You might slow the army, but sending two European citizens back to Europe to bomb shit is impossible to prevent.
    How do you figure that? Do they multiply after we blow them to bits or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Definition of glassing:
    "To bombard an area with such intensity (nuclear bomb, fusion bomb, etc) as to melt the landscape into glass."

I'm sorry, maybe you meant fusion bomb. Because that's so much better.
    It's possible he meant "et cetera", you know?

Does this guy still visit the boards?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...?highlight=fsa

To my knowledge, our involvement in Syria has been very minimal. We're only hitting select targets. We are also training a few troops in Turkey and Jordan. That's about it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...984_story.html
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

technically bombing does work sometimes. just ask japan after the 2 nukes hit them.

anyway. if bombings dont help as much as we thought maybe we can just send paratroopers over and take care of the crazys

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    technically bombing does work sometimes. just ask japan after the 2 nukes hit them.

anyway. if bombings dont help as much as we thought maybe we can just send paratroopers over and take care of the crazys

You understand that WW2 was fighting against governments and not against civilians right....Destroying the head doesn't work if its a war of attrition...just look at Vietnam or Afghanistan (the Russian invasion), making the leaders scared of a government is different. So unless you think that nuking the whole region (which will probably destroy rest of humanity given that radiation doesn't know borders) you must release that the current action is the same as what has been done for the past 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Papidipoopi View Post
    I'd suggest you study the actual law before assuming anything from fox news, The law basically states it's illegal to deny the holocaust or to discriminate against jews. In reality this means you are allowed to ridicule jewish believes and their symbols, you aren't allowed to discriminate jews however. In other european nations discrimination of any kind is always illegal.

In reality it means that once you say something about jews the only attention you will get is internet attention since the rest of the media will ignore you or you will be jailed.

And in every European nation plus US you can say everything you want about Muslims and their respective countries. You may not say ''kill all Muslims'' but you can say ''bomb the whole region and if innocents die then its a shame''. Its a double standard because if I said ''Israel lies about the number of holocaust deaths'' then I would be branded as a holocaust denier just because I questioned something.

Its a double standard, you either make every form of discrimination illegal or you allow everything.