Trinkets for demo?

I have Shards of Nothing mythic, Copelands, and 640 sandmans pouch. On paper copelands is alot better then sandmans, but 2 on use trinkets has it's downsides. What do you guys think?

I am currently rolling with Copeland's + HC Quiescent Runestone. I also have hc Shards of Nothing in bags. Will run some tests because I am bashing my head still which ones to use as well.

Shards of Nothing + Quiescent Runestone is what you should be going for. Two on-use trinkets are a horrible way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    Shards of Nothing + Quiescent Runestone is what you should be going for. Two on-use trinkets are a horrible way to go.
    Yeah i'm hoping runestone drops next week but that doesn't really help answer my question lol.

Deleted
    I'd go with Shards + Sandman's just for the simplicity. Shards+Copeland would obviously net you more DPS tho. The question is if you can afford to drop some DPS for the simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    I'd go with Shards + Sandman's just for the simplicity. Shards+Copeland would obviously net you more DPS tho. The question is if you can afford to drop some DPS for the simplicity.
    So far on most fights I've been able to plan things out enough to make shards+copelands work. It is 2 minute on use cd is basically the same as 115 icd for sandmans anyways. Them being offset by 20 seconds works out fine because of the demonbolt debuff. It pretty much just hurts my burst on the opener.

I'm mainly just asking because I haven't seen hardly anyone using that combo. Lets say that I get runestone next week. That will put me at 1236 haste (1350ish if i get a mythic ring from tectus) which is more then enough fury generation. Why wouldn't copelands+runestone be a better combo then shards+runestone?

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    I just went through simming that out on my character. I'm not seeing a situation where Shards + Copelands is a DPS gain over Shards + 3/3 Sandman. Having a 'on-use' for every DS+DB dump doesn't trump the static int on the Sandman vs the static crit of Copelands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leonofhyjal View Post
    It pretty much just hurts my burst on the opener.
    It's not just hurting your opener. It's killing your sustained DPS. 290 static CRIT scaling at ~2.6 versus 263 static INT scaling at ~5.8? That's a significant DPS loss over the course of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonofhyjal View Post
    Why wouldn't copelands+runestone be a better combo then shards+runestone?
    See above. 290 static CRIT scaling at ~2.6 versus 263 static INT scaling at ~5.8. At that scaling the static stat is going to have a much higher importance than the on-use proc. Is the 20 second proc of Copeland's 900+ dps better than the 20 second proc of Shards? Nope? Then it's Shards all the way.
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2015-01-16 at 09:15 PM.

I assume you're using Shards + Imp Swarm...if your raid is popping hero on the pull you can Imp Swarm with that haste buff, and then use Copelands when going into Meta. Shards will be available on next Imp Swarm i've found.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    I assume you're using Shards + Imp Swarm...if your raid is popping hero on the pull you can Imp Swarm with that haste buff, and then use Copelands when going into Meta. Shards will be available on next Imp Swarm i've found.
    Your prepot isn't lasting long enough for meta that way, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    That is not quite true. Running with Copelands and SoN makes both to line up with the 2 DS you have if you want to. Then again SoN is incredibly bad during nuking phases as haste is really counterproductive with DB. Its only usage is to help you pool fury on fights, nothing more.

I would recommend ( if you dont like the 2 on use effects) The Runestone + Copelands, since it actually amplifies DB unlike SoN.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    I would recommend ( if you dont like the 2 on use effects) The Runestone + Copelands, since it actually amplifies DB unlike SoN.
    That is what I was thinking. As long as you can get to 800 fury without a problem when its time to DB again, why use a haste trinket. Guess I'll use shards+sandmans for now, and runestone+copelands when I get runestone soon.

@iriecolorado my sandmans isn't 3/3. its 1/3 lol. I haven't actually simmed it myself but i'm pretty sure not having the 2 upgrades is a big deal.

Deleted
    i have problem got 3 trinkets and have no idea which one will be best for demo ive tested few h and still have no clue, usually plaing affli, would be nice to get some opinion
    SoN (heroic warforged)
    Quiescent Runestone (mythic)
    Copeland's