"WTS Savage Bloodx100 800g each"

I see this advertised in trade chat a lot on my server. I'm reallllly nervous about dropping 80k gold in case they are dupes or something otherwise illicit is going on. Does anyone have an opinion or experience on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    usually when its a dupe, you can tell by how many of the item they are trying to sell. there is a realistic number and an unrealistic number. its not unrealistic for people to have 100 bloods. it would be a bit more unrealistic for them to have 10,000 bloods. fortunately, cheaters dont have much common sense and advertise everything they have because they dont know how long they will be able to sell (inc ban hammer).

someone selling 100 seems legit, and as long as you spend gold that you legitimately earned, you can play the "i didnt know any better" card if things go sour.

of course if you are incredibly skeptic you can just not buy all of them and take a much lower risk and just buy, say 1. see how it goes, buy more tomorrow if nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I got 47 last week from my 4 characters, so 100 isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    If any part of the transaction seems overtly sketchy (the quantity, the price, the dude selling it), I wouldn't buy it through /trade. The auction house is a completely protected transaction; even if the item is stolen or a dupe, Blizzard will never take it away from the buyer. /Trade cannot guarantee that.

100 bloods is high but not unrealistic, and 800g a piece is probably a deal on many servers but isn't so cheap that it rings an alarm bell. If it was 1000 bloods or 80g a piece, I'd run.

But your call! Personally, the only things I've historically bought through trade have been made-to-order crafted pieces.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Savage bloods arent that hard to come upon if you have a barn plus a ton of primals or maybe the person bought them off the AH and is trying to flip them.

I am definitely agreeing with you that they are duping. I bought 100 from the guy for 700g each

He put 100 more in the trade, I bought them
    He put 100 more in the trade, I bought them
    He put 200 more in the trade, I bought them
    He put 200 more in the trade, I bought them

Bought 700 bloods from lvl 1 in crap guild, when you shift click on his name it give me player not found.....

I just flip them on the AH. I guess if you cant compete, use them and make gold.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry too much about those. I have about 80 bloods in stock with more arriving every day. They are also down to 840g on my server.

They are probably duped, more of em are popping up.

People suggesting it is realistic have to be more careful, for example Lanthoren, Tziva and many others have fallen into the same trap by assuming its not dodgy because he is selling 100 at one time. He could have 8000 in his bags and as one of the other posters mentioned. He bought 700 off one guy in one go.

It isn't their first rodeo as coined in another thread discussing this. They will not sell 7000x in one go otherwise that is alarm bells but only sell a specific amount in trade but the only alarm bells would only trigger when a person buys 200 and they are still selling 100 as a stack.

If they sell em off all in one go then they are drawing more attention to themselves.

This was after buying 200 from him to flip.

EDIT: Just looking at the TheUndermineJournal and the AH has been very quiet for the 10 servers I look at (from Jan 11 to 17) (the big ones) with minimal savage bloods being sold.
    Last edited by FiveDkp; 2015-01-17 at 05:00 AM.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

We had a long thread here about this back in December and it's also been on reddit wow, pretty much they are, best tos-friendly proof being these anecdotes of people buying hundreds the seller still having more. Afaik I haven't heard of anyone being actioned for buying duped materials, but there's always some level of risk it might randomly disappear. To my knowledge, the savage blood dupe did get fixed recently but the sellers still have huge stockpiles to unload. It went on for about a month. Could have found a new method though. As someone else posted, the AH is safer. And you're less likely to be supporting gold sellers I guess. I can /who Stonecore and still see 80 botting druids in there right now, they're still making bank off that.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-01-17 at 05:20 AM.

Deleted
    hi back at the mop I was gathering enchanting crystals for like 3-5 months and at the start of the season I sold like 160 of them for like 120k gold or something.
    With that guy we agreed to trade 20 each time so we don't have any problems ets.
    u can try something like that If the amount of gold is huge.

Trading "possibly duped" bloods or really any item up to and including tgc mounts won't get you banned or your items taken away unless you and the trader explicitly discuss the transaction being shady. Largely, this punishment is just something people repeat over and over without ever knowing anyone that it's happened to. The people I've heard stories like that from were always into a bunch of questionable stuff at once and knew what they were getting into. They target the cheats, not the victims.

There undoubtedly was blood duping. I think mathy-types already proved that. But at this point however it could just be the Chinese pooling resources and unloading the results through one or two sellers on that server. Still shady, I guess, but your guild could do the same thing and probably have hundreds too. It's their jobs to do this sort of thing so it'd hardly be surprising if they're that good at it.

Point is, who knows? Blizz won't hassle players over it because there really is no way for the typical player to know the source of everything in the game. Ok so some of us follow the game a little closer and realize this item is in a grey area. The decision is only a moral one at that point I guess. You're not risking your account by buying reasonably priced goods from trade though.

tl;dr don't be nervous

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    800g for a Savage Blood. This would be the dream but on main overcrowded Server they go ~~200g.
    That's what I thought, 800g? Im currently unsubscribed but prepatch they were sold for around 700g each, and I can only imagine recent patch made them much much cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    800g for a Savage Blood. This would be the dream but on main overcrowded Server they go ~~200g.
    Well, you're posting in a 2 1/2 month old thread...

I was able to make 180 in two hours this weekend to make 3 item 685. I did made some upgrade item about 2 or 3 weekend ago so my stock of primal was not that high and I had 0 work order in barn.

First, there was a herb trader and most have my guy had 5-6 stack of 200 herbs. Did the daily quest and trade most of my herb. Also used those over 5000 GR to buy more herb for my Primal.

Second, Barn rush order. Again, my two barn guy had too many GR so I joined a group to farm some wolf, bough some Barn rush order.

Third, 9 Alch for transmute (dropped all my gathering for Alch since 6.1).

I'm pretty someone with 5-6 barn can do that each week. Farming the caged animal is stupid easy with a 5 man group farming wolf.

There is a good reason those are 200g on must server.

Take your tinfoil hat out
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Well, you're posting in a 2 1/2 month old thread...
    This. I have to wonder how people find these threads if not from a random google search.

Damn i should buy th AH pn my server and transfer to you. They are 200g each on my server

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Old post is old people. Bloods should in no way shape or form cost 800g/each anymore regardless of server.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    I was able to make 180 in two hours this weekend to make 3 item 685. I did made some upgrade item about 2 or 3 weekend ago so my stock of primal was not that high and I had 0 work order in barn.

First, there was a herb trader and most have my guy had 5-6 stack of 200 herbs. Did the daily quest and trade most of my herb. Also used those over 5000 GR to buy more herb for my Primal.

Second, Barn rush order. Again, my two barn guy had too many GR so I joined a group to farm some wolf, bough some Barn rush order.

Third, 9 Alch for transmute (dropped all my gathering for Alch since 6.1).

I'm pretty someone with 5-6 barn can do that each week. Farming the caged animal is stupid easy with a 5 man group farming wolf.

There is a good reason those are 200g on must server.

Take your tinfoil hat out
    I got 5 barn and get from 15 to 30 each day + sometime trader + alchemy cd.
    Blood are rly easy to get these days since the 6.1 barn changes.

800g?

I think theyre around 400g on my server nowadays.

Guys this post was necro'd