Uptated Arcane mage guide for 6.0.3 with video

// Do not go gentle into that good night. Old age should burn and rave at close of day. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. //
    Armory

I haven't played arcane in while, but at the end of the burn phase why not use arcane barrage since you lose stacks with evocation anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezx View Post
    I haven't played arcane in while, but at the end of the burn phase why not use arcane barrage since you lose stacks with evocation anyways.
    The mana return is significantly increased with 4 arcane charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    The mana return is significantly increased with 4 arcane charges.
    For this..
    // Do not go gentle into that good night. Old age should burn and rave at close of day. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. //
    Armory

Specifically it reduces the time spent casting evocate, allowing you to start your conserve phase sooner. ABarr doesn't do that much damage, made worse by using it at a lower mastery bonus.

@OP: I disagree with using PoM to build stacks rather than using it to get an extra ABlast on PC. See: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ystal Gameplay

Also, the stat weights in your guide may be accurate for your gear (and those talents specifically), but I would advise players to determine their own stat weights (simcraft) rather than including a static list (Okay, it's always Int>SP>Mastery, after that can vary). This is part of the reason I hate Icyveins/Noxxic guides, they mislead players with a static stat priority.

Deleted
    I disagree with the glyphed AP when using PC, better without so you have AP for every PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    Specifically it reduces the time spent casting evocate, allowing you to start your conserve phase sooner. ABarr doesn't do that much damage, made worse by using it at a lower mastery bonus.

@OP: I disagree with using PoM to build stacks rather than using it to get an extra ABlast on PC. See: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ystal Gameplay

Also, the stat weights in your guide may be accurate for your gear (and those talents specifically), but I would advise players to determine their own stat weights (simcraft) rather than including a static list (Okay, it's always Int>SP>Mastery, after that can vary). This is part of the reason I hate Icyveins/Noxxic guides, they mislead players with a static stat priority.
    Actually i hate icy/noxxy builds too. But i checkd last hotfix in simcraft and i did build up for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nordahl View Post
    I disagree with the glyphed AP when using PC, better without so you have AP for every PC.
    Sometimes its true. but we didnt finish whole mythic yet.
    Im using glyph --> kargath, koragh(heroic) and twin
    Not glyph --> buthcer(heroic), bspore(heroic)
    On Imperator switch AO
    Im playing fire for tectus. We didnt kill yet on mythic and arcane is trash this fight... At least for mythic.
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by aLCuiN View Post
    Sometimes its true. but we didnt finish whole mythic yet.
    Im using glyph --> kargath, koragh(heroic) and twin
    Not glyph --> buthcer(heroic), bspore(heroic)
    On Imperator switch AO
    Im playing fire for tectus. We didnt kill yet on mythic and arcane is trash this fight... At least for mythic.
    The idea is if you glyph AP then each time you use it then it has to be worth 2xPC + AP, which is only possible under certain conditions.
    Mythic Butcher is an example of this, the reasoning being that we actually gain AP time on this fight (1 glyphed duration == 2 unglyphed duration) we get 3 unglyphed vs 2 glyphed. This alone i don't think is enough to justify it as PC is incredibly strong.
    The other benefits come with what we have up for each PC, the first has lust + pot + shards + procs, the second has maybe procs, the third has pot + shards + procs.

Now that is explained, personally i run (All Mythic)
    glyph on Kargath + Butcher
    no glyph koragh, brackenspore
    fire on twins + tectus
    Frost Imp

I would run no glyph on imp + twins (fight length to long, PC + AP will outweigh it)
    Tectus just don't. If you had to play Arcane on tectus go AO and AP i guess (can AP on pull + push into 10 or just as 10 spawn)

Jesus. What is that song?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post

fire on twins + tectus
    Frost Imp
    Tectus just don't. If you had to play Arcane on tectus go AO and AP i guess (can AP on pull + push into 10 or just as 10 spawn)
    Thx for sharing but im stucking fire for tectus. Im doing 40-50k with fire and im doing 30-35k with arcane (NT/IF/AO).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luebbers View Post
    Jesus. What is that song?
    Its Kaleidescope / Tiesto
    Armory

What add on are you using for tracking your arcane charges?

Deleted
    I think using PoM for the crystal will give you one extra AB cast on it, that is buffed for 50% and will net you more dps than reaching 4 stacks as fast as possible.

Can you post the string for your TellMeWhen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    fire on twins + tectus
    Frost Imp

I would run no glyph on imp + twins (fight length to long, PC + AP will outweigh it
    As a mage who has cleared 7/7 on mythic I can say that Arcane is good or equal with other specs on every boss except tectus. ofcourse that is completely dependant about your tactics but for example we had 2 arcane mages on imperator and both were top dmg on boss and chogall.

Deleted
    There is no reason an arcane mage not to be top dpser, but your point is not quite valid, because ther eis no frost mage in your group
    I myself am not that hardcore raider, but my guild have 2 more decent mages - one arcane and one frost. We are all equaly geared (thank god loot council) and I can say that the frost mage is really good. He is keeping up with us the arcane mages on single target, but on imperor he easy outdps us.
    I don't know how is it on mythic, but I'm sure a frost mage can pull a bit more dps than arcane mage at least on that encounter and that is what count when progressing - squeezing out as much dps as possible. Well ofcourse that is maybe for people who really want to down him as fast as possible, all tho there is noting wrong to be arcane there too
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2015-01-27 at 06:44 AM.