Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well not much info on it, but I do like the art style:

I'll be following this game to see what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Well not much info on it, but I do like the art style:

I'll be following this game to see what it's all about.
    Yeah the art style, no doubt looks great.

Unfortunately a lot of times the 2D work looks good but the actual game itself looks bad. It seems here they have done a great job preserving the look of the art.

But there's still so much more to what a game is that we don't know yet.

I need to see the UI design, the gameplay, the combat, character customization, the story, what makes it different than any other MMO out there, the business model, etc.

The hell, how can you say the game looks get when all you've seen is concept art?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The hell, how can you say the game looks get when all you've seen is concept art?
    Even on the screenshot above you see the actual model, at least as it appears in lobby/whatever it is. There was also a screenshot of Templar's model either linked somewhere in this thread or found on their website. It's true that we don't know what they will truly look like, but I treat them as an indication of what the devs are going for. So, while data is obviously scarce, it's not really just concept art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with the "-fall" games? Firefall, Titanfall, Crowfall? Wtf does it even mean?!

Art style is cartoonish but not in the obnoxious manner I find Wildstar and World of Warcraft. I think it's the color palette that helps contribute to this opinion.

Interesting look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    What's with the "-fall" games? Firefall, Titanfall, Crowfall? Wtf does it even mean?!
    James Bond - Skyfall, Killzone Shadowfall.... the list doesn't end. You ask an important question. The original -fall word imo is Nightfall. And although I don't think there is any official meaning to the -fall suffix, I get the feeling from Nightfall it means Nighttime.

Titantime, Firetime, and Crowtime doesn't sound as good I guess.

Any word experts or English majors know whats up with the -fall suffix? I have to admit it does make everything sound cooler, though.

Yeah, if nothing else I really dig the concept art. Great style IMO, very aesthetically pleasing. And from the one asset they've shown (the Templar), it seems to translate to the game pretty well.

Then again, I'm generally a sucker for concept art.

Deleted
    I like the art. Doesn't appear to be anything else to comment on yet.

Deleted
    From their site:

If you’re here, it’s because you’re looking for something.

Something deeper than a virtual amusement park. More impactful than a virtual sandbox. More immersive. More real. A game where decisions matter.
    Translation: "Level your character to max, then either join a raiding guild and start raiding, or do some form of eSporty player-versus-hugs -type of competition."

The first new yet unreleased MMO that truly will have a chance, beyond some of the ones that are based on huge existing franchises and that have very little soul, is one that breaks away from, instead of trying to copy the EverQuest/WoW -style of MMO stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    From their site:

Translation: "Level your character to max, then either join a raiding guild and start raiding, or do some form of eSporty player-versus-hugs -type of competition."

The first new yet unreleased MMO that truly will have a chance, beyond some of the ones that are based on huge existing franchises and that have very little soul, is one that breaks away from, instead of trying to copy the EverQuest/WoW -style of MMO stuff.
    Isn't that what MMOs have been doing for years now and all failed miserably?

On topic: it seems a lot of people are getting hyped about this game despite there being so little info. Are we still doing the "oh hallelujah it's not WoW!"?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Anyone bored with MMORPG or searchin for new MMORPG check out Crowfall. http://crowfall.com/#/

Game looks promising. So far we have litle of information about the game. So if you looking for MMORPG whast doesnt aim on huge marker sucess and rather on amazing gameplay and MMO experience feel free join beta club in about 38 days.
    Nothing but concepts and words. How the hell can it look promising?
    You seem like someone that either works for them or is "freshly blessed", so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Nothing but concepts and words. How the hell can it look promising?
    You seem like someone that either works for them or is "freshly blessed", so to speak.
    Hope and optimism springs eternal.

Not every is so jaded and pessimistic as many of us are : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hope and optimism springs eternal.

Not every is so jaded and pessimistic as many of us are : P
    You make it sound like it hasn't been warranted for many many times over already. This forum has been hyped for so many games that all failed. Has there been any successful MMO released since WoW? Rift maybe (according to what I've heard it's still alive), and that's what, 1/20?

is it the game with swords?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Isn't that what MMOs have been doing for years now and all failed miserably?
    Well, I don't know how you see things but from my perspective, pretty much every single Western MMO that came out after WoW has been a carbon copy of WoW. I mean the differences have been like having a white Toyota Corolla with white furry dice and a spruce scented air freshener and having a white Toyota Corolla with pink furry dice and a spruce scented air freshener. In other words, not even there.

Deleted
    Well it sure looks better than Trials of Ascension

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, I don't know how you see things but from my perspective, pretty much every single Western MMO that came out after WoW has been a carbon copy of WoW. I mean the differences have been like having a white Toyota Corolla with white furry dice and a spruce scented air freshener and having a white Toyota Corolla with pink furry dice and a spruce scented air freshener. In other words, not even there.
    Fairly sure Guild Wars 2 failed because its endgame PvE model was strange compared to WoW's.

Rift was a game that copied WoW originally more than any other MMO has ever since afaik, and (again, afaik) it's the most successful MMO aside from WoW. I think that should say something.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm bored of MMO's right now, how would an indevelopment game help me.

Fairly sure Guild Wars 2 failed because its endgame PvE model was strange compared to WoW's.
    Did I miss when GW2 failed? Because last I checked, it was still generating roughly $100M a year, pretty steadily putting out content, hinting at an expansion and avoiding the deep layoffs that are so common with MMO developers after the game launches.

What indicates to you that it failed in any way beyond a personal judgment?

Rift was a game that copied WoW originally more than any other MMO has ever since afaik, and (again, afaik) it's the most successful MMO aside from WoW.
    Not even close. There are a number of far more profitable MMO's, including Tera, SWTOR, LOTRO, Aion, and more. Rift is still a successful MMO, but it's hardly the most successful MMO outside of WoW.