Page 1 of 35
... LastLast
    Deleted

New MMO Crowfall

Anyone bored with MMORPG or searchin for new MMORPG check out Crowfall. http://crowfall.com/#/

Game looks promising. So far we have litle of information about the game. So if you looking for MMORPG whast doesnt aim on huge marker sucess and rather on amazing gameplay and MMO experience feel free join beta club in about 38 days.

Until I see the combat in action from the UI, I refuse to be hyped.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Such little information that rushing to call it an MMO is wrong.

We don't know if it has a massive open world.

We don't know if it allows massive multiplayer.

Who knows how online it actually is. It might be another instance-based peer-to-peer cashshop game.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Until I see the combat in action from the UI...
    "... no information is useful."

I wish more had this outlook toward all games. Only gameplay is relevant. If a developer is not talking about or showing gameplay direct- who gives a shit.

The UI looks sleek.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I'm assuming OP works for that Crowfall company. I have no idea how a "game can look promising" just from those little tidbits.

Not saying the game won't be good, but I mean this is the MMO Champion forum where we've heard this same thing dozens of times:

WELCOME TO CROWFALL.
    If you’re here, it’s because you’re looking for something.

Something deeper than a virtual amusement park. More impactful than a virtual sandbox. More immersive. More real. A game where decisions matter.

We are, too. We’ve been looking for years, and we still haven’t found it…. because it doesn’t exist. Yet.

All that pessimism out of the way, the few design/artstyle choices we see so far are interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, another wow killer
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    Oh look, another wow killer
    Said nobody except you : )

WOAH, a sandbox MMO that's more immersive where decisions matter?! We've never seen ANYTHING like this! Next they'll say it's more difficult, crafting matters, and cooperation is really important (and probably start a kickstarter). Also the GoT ripoff of the banners at the bottom is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    WOAH, a sandbox MMO that's more immersive where decisions matter?! We've never seen ANYTHING like this! Next they'll say it's more difficult, crafting matters, and cooperation is really important (and probably start a kickstarter). Also the GoT ripoff of the banners at the bottom is great.
    The only reason to give this a pass on this is that one of the main guys was a creator of Shadowbane which did actually have most of those things (J. Todd Coleman). Shadowbane had more than its share of problems but it's one of the few that could actually claim to have the stuff listed there.

If it's mostly an updated Shadowbane I'll give it a look at least since I played that for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    The only reason to give this a pass on this is that one of the main guys was a creator of Shadowbane which did actually have most of those things (J. Todd Coleman). Shadowbane had more than its share of problems but it's one of the few that could actually claim to have the stuff listed there.

If it's mostly an updated Shadowbane I'll give it a look at least since I played that for a few years.
    I feel like every recent MMO (and by recent I mean like 10 yrs) that hasn't lived up to the hype has touted having someone who worked on something good at some point. It seems they can never recreate their awesome previous work, whether that's because of nostalgia or something else I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I feel like every recent MMO (and by recent I mean like 10 yrs) that hasn't lived up to the hype has touted having someone who worked on something good at some point. It seems they can never recreate their awesome previous work, whether that's because of nostalgia or something else I'm not sure.
    I know, and most people wouldn't even consider Shadowbane as something good. I was reading one thing where they were touting all the previous MMO experience the people working on this had, and all I could think was "Someone working on any of these games in the past 8 years is not something to brag about". Shadowbane was flawed enough in its own right that if someone merely updated it, it could have a decent niche following since there hasn't really been anything quite like it since (that I've seen anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    I know, and most people wouldn't even consider Shadowbane as something good. I was reading one thing where they were touting all the previous MMO experience the people working on this had, and all I could think was "Someone working on any of these games in the past 8 years is not something to brag about". Shadowbane was flawed enough in its own right that if someone merely updated it, it could have a decent niche following since there hasn't really been anything quite like it since (that I've seen anyway).
    Plus like video game development teams are huge. Any time a great game comes out there are like 100 people who worked on that game. I don't think anyone could attribute the success of a game to just one person or feel that they are going to carry a whole new dev team on their back.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i wanna play a MMO, then i play World of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

hmm pretty early but my first impression of the art concept/visuals is meh
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, got bored by WoD and i dont see any mmo being interesting nowadays.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Only gameplay is relevant.
    Yeah, no. I think you'll find a lot of people disagreeing with you there, and for good reason. You may be fine with a game that has Stick Figure A and Stick Figure B, who then travel down a Stick Road and fight a Stick Figure C, with no plot, no lore, no graphics, no nothing, but an insanely great gameplay, but a lot of people want their games to deliver a bit more than that.

A good example on this might be, while years and years apart, take Dune 2, which was an insanely good game but which had absolutely abhorrent gameplay as far as RTS' go, and then compare it with pretty much any current C&C, all of which have fine-tuned the gameplay, but as games suck way too much to be played.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2015-01-18 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More high fantasy. No thanks.

I miss tabula rasa >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't look like a lot of variety Race-wise, but points for that Deer race. More oddities please.

Could be a fun game, but we don't know enough about it yet. That Templar model looked nice, though. I'm keeping my eyes on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.