Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does anyone else get a small screen freeze when switching into/out of Metamorphosis?

It's been happening since beta for me. Basically every time I go into or out of Metamorphosis my screen freezes for a fraction of a second. It's not huge but definitely noticeable especially in the middle of a boss fight. Does anyone else have this happen or know how to fix it? I have tried disabling all addons as well as changing graphics settings and it still persists.

I've never seen it. What video card and CPU do you have? It seems fine with my Radeon R9-270X and FX6300 CPU.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Nope. Update your drivers.

NVIDIA GeForce GT540M is my graphics card
    Intel i7-2630QM is my processor

Already tried updating drivers, didn't work :/ I also tried switching WoW to my integrated graphics (using a laptop) and the problem didn't go away so maybe it's my processor or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Yibsu View Post
    NVIDIA GeForce GT540M is my graphics card
    Intel i7-2630QM is my processor

Already tried updating drivers, didn't work :/ I also tried switching WoW to my integrated graphics (using a laptop) and the problem didn't go away so maybe it's my processor or something else.
    Hard drive seek reaching out for an asset when you change forms. Update your Intel chipset drivers. Defrag if it's a mechanical drive. Make sure there is as little unnecessary drive I/O as possible going on while you're playing. Throw in an SSD or faster mechanical drive.
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2015-01-16 at 09:41 PM.

It could be the hard drive. Laptop drives are slower than desktop ones for the most part. Switching to the integrated graphics on that CPU would not help as they are significantly weaker than the dedicated card and use shared system memory.

If it's just for a fraction of a second you may have to live with it unless you slap in a SSD.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Not surprising actually. It's been pretty decent for gaming considering it's a laptop, but the harddrive has always been the weak point (those 5 min boot times...). I'm building a new computer soon so hopefully it won't reoccur then. Thanks for your help everyone.

I have that aswell and I have a nice PC and SSD, there is a freeze like 1/10th of a second.

Either most ppl dont notice or there is something in some ppl's configurations, its not related to asset loading becuase if that was it it would only happen once at the start, and the game doesnt freeze when someone comes into your view with armor/weapon assets you havent in memory yet. I suspect its something related with loading new spells.

It also happens with the Glyph that adds wings instead of the whole demon form, further prof that isnt asset loading.

I have a pretty good system (with vsync off i'm around 150-200 fps in the world), and after I saw this thread I watched my fps when switching in/out of meta just inside my garrison. hitting it stuttered my fps from 60 (w/ vsync) to 58 or 59 just for a flash.

ssd, gtx 770 sc, 4790k (stock at 4.0ghz)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Another thing to consider is your addon memory usage. I used to get lag spikes in game because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Another thing to consider is your addon memory usage. I used to get lag spikes in game because of them.
    Same here, for me the game froze for 5 seconds every time when something started to happen ( entering combat etc )

Sorry to bump this fairly old thread but...

I recently built a brand new computer, high end parts all around except no SSD and this still happens, plus I've heard of people with VERY good setups still having a small screen freeze. And then I watch people's streams/videos and for them it's absolutely smooth transforming in/out. Is there some setting I need to disable/enable? This is really bugging me.

I have this small screen freeze myself when transforming into meta.

Oh yeah, if this helps the same thing happens when I change specs. So like someone above said, it might have to do with new spells being added.

I get this occasionally when going in or out of Meta form. It's the only spell that it happens with and I don't remember this pre-wod. The fps drops to like 51-52 from a stable 60 for a split second even if you're just standing still and out of combat. Again it doesn't happen all the time but it's at least 50% of the time.

Using an SSD also.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2015-02-13 at 02:29 AM.

I've noticed this as well and it's definitely not my computer because I run new games on ultra settings no problem. WoW on the other hand..

Occasionally I'll experience it. Mostly comes from Demonic Leaping.

Its nice more ppl bringing awareness to this.

There is definitively a bug there somewhere, iam sure some ppl dont notice it but it happens recently I asked a friend about it and he said was all fine then I told him to watch it close and he know notices and hates me for it

I really think isnt asset loading, asset loading only happens once, and this bug also happens with the glyph of meta(that only adds wings instead of the whole form) ALSO this doesnt happens with the Demo 2set pieces that brings the form and the asset, its probably something in the spell morphing code and we are are the only spec that have spell morphing on the fly.

Try this:

Esc > Interface > Action Bars > uncheck 'Secure Ability Toggle' > Okay

Secure Ability Toggle adds a hidden GCD for when you toggle certain abilities on or off (Fire and Brimstone, Meta, etc.). This might be causing the slight freeze when you toggle meta on. I can't say that I had the same freeze issue as OP, but I did notice switching to Meta was quicker and smoother, especially when Leaping into Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still disconnect sometimes when using Demonic Leap.