Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This PTR update seriously 22GB?!

*peaks up over the the barrier of the engineer corner* oh..two upgrades.. meh.. i guess il just start throwing money at people ... <.< *goes back down behind the barrier and continues to make shitty pets that sells for like 40g*

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikalrush View Post
    This PTR update seriously 22GB?!
    It's not an update, it's a whole other copy of the game. They can't just patch your game, otherwise it would be incompatable with the live version.

OT: Holy shit that hand of freedom buff. No way that's getting through, I mean speaking as a Paladin myself it would be amazing if it did, but with clemancy, that gives you 3 get out of stun cards from the get go, then another every 25 seconds. That's hillariously OP. Might have to get the PTR myself just to go troll some rogues.
    Last edited by elvor0; 2015-01-17 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    It's not an update, it's a whole other copy of the game. They can't just patch your game, otherwise it would be incompatable with the live version.
    Well that sucks, but of course they can. Thats what they have been doing for every single, PTR, Beta, and Live version of the game, they simply update it, no one is forced to re-download the entire game every update. The very thought of that terrifies me.

Well that sucks, but of course they can. Thats what they have been doing for every single, PTR, Beta, and Live version of the game, they simply update it, no one is forced to re-download the entire game every update. The very thought of that terrifies me.
    That's not what I meant, obviously when they patch it they replace files or add new ones. I was on about the fact that you need to have a seperate copy for the PTR or Beta to start with(which have their own seperate patches), or you wouldn't be able to play live as your files will have been changed, rendering it unplayable with the live version.

What would be nice would the ability to copy and paste your game and then manually point the PTR in the direction of that second version, but I assume there's a reason they don't do that.
    Last edited by elvor0; 2015-01-17 at 09:56 PM.

That's not how it works, obviously when they patch it they replace files or add new ones. Thus, like I said, you need to have a seperate copy for the PTR or Beta to start with(which have their own seperate patches), or you wouldn't be able to play live as your files will have been changed, rendering it unplayable with the live version.

What would be nice would the ability to copy and paste your game and then manually point the PTR in the direction of that second version, but I assume there's a reason they don't do that.
    Right i understand that, i do have a separate copy from Live and PTR, but for some reason my PTR version of the game is downloading 22gb. I was just on the PTR prior to this latest update, seems a bit excessive to download the entire PTR all over again.

ilvl 680 is way too low for a crafted gear that can't be warforged, have socket, have tertiary stats and in a moment where we'll have better gear already from BRF.

Right i understand that, i do have a separate copy from Live and PTR, but for some reason my PTR version of the game is downloading 22gb. I was just on the PTR prior to this latest update, seems a bit excessive to download the entire PTR all over again.
    Something is wrong with this update and it is saying that for a small number of people.

Some huge changes...when can we expect for this to go live?

Oh, my apologies, misunderstanding where each other were coming from, it would appear I assumed you were new to the whole PTR malarky. Well crap, that's wierd, last PTR was WoD launch patch wasn't it, there's no reason for a new copy of the client. Are you downloading direct from the site or through B.net updater? When I updated my PTR from MoP to WoD, it just patched it through the B.net launcher. Unfortunetly I don't have the PTR myself or I'd check for you.

Any news on game time for gold?

Nerfing the Scavanger trait...dem bastards.

OT: Holy shit that hand of freedom buff. No way that's getting through, I mean speaking as a Paladin myself it would be amazing if it did, but with clemancy, that gives you 3 get out of stun cards from the get go, then another every 25 seconds. That's hillariously OP. Might have to get the PTR myself just to go troll some rogues.
    It doesnt say it removes stuns, it just says useable while stunned

Every single time.. There just has to be a windwalker nerf.

Are add-ons still causing crashes while loading?

10+ Year Old Account
    Drooling at the alchemy changes. Please make alchemical catalyst soulbound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Kinda Amazing how it acctualy feelsl like Blizzard have listened to the players for once.
    I hate to sound bitter, but the Shaman community disagrees.

We've not felt that for years.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ClavellBC View Post
    Are add-ons still causing crashes while loading?
    No addon caused that in like 8 years play time. Maybe update your old ones?

Well, Patch 6.1 so far in a nutshell are a bunch of tooltip fixes and nothing else important going on.

All i care about in 6.1 is class changes and balance, i could careless about everything else.

Loving the rogue changes. Just build after build I feel like they are really paying attention and listening. I'm really pumped up.