Starsurge only in lunar unless about to cap charges?

Sooooo should we Starsurge only in lunar unless we are about to cap charges?

um...no. Why would you think that?

You'd have to math out whether 2 empowered Starfires hit harder than 3 empowered Wraths.

your starsurge is better in lunar eclipse because the empowered starfire casts do more than the wrath equivalent. You are still going to be using starsurge in solar though because you won't be able to spend your ss charges fast enough when only using them in lunar. For single target: Emp Starfire>EmpWrath>Starfall

Technically, yes. Practically, that scenario will never come up, so it is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Technically, yes. Practically, that scenario will never come up, so it is irrelevant.
    Well actually it's a fair question because it comes up all the time. Basically if there are 2 or more targets (often in most Highmaul fights) then you should be using Starfall on CD, sometimes you need to dump some into Starsurge and you should do it in Lunar if possible. If you are using Euphoria (most people are) then it's often feasible to wait for lunar to use them.

So for example you gain a second Shooting Stars stack just after you've hit Starfall then if you are in any part of the lunar eclipse then Starsurge right away, if in solar and headed towards lunar then wait and Starsurge once in Lunar.

Deleted
    I generally have double the amount of Lunar Empowerments vs Solar Empowerments on most encounters. It all depends on the situation you're in, like if you are in Solar and only got 1 charge you're better off saving it for Lunar. But sometimes you're getting procs like you just won the lottery which forces you to SS in Solar.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 SS used optimally in Solar and 1 SS used optimally in Lunar gives you significantly more dps than 2 suboptimal SS's in Lunar.

Deleted
    ^ dis aswell

That's how I do it. Most fights you're juggling between Starfall and such too and if I have a choice between Starfire and Wrath to empower it's going to be Starfire.

If I'm at 1 charge and >10 seconds on cooldown I hold it for lunar otherwise i try to stay empowered the whole fight