Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well i guess since i really wanna finish the story, the only option is to get used with the "new" voices. I dont have any problem with subbed anime in normal cases. Like i wrote earlier, ive watched several shows in subbed versions but the thing that bothers me is getting used to going from english to japanese in the same series.

I know that the show itself splits anime fans in two groups. Either they love it or they despise it. the show clearly have a few flaws and sometimes lives on the fighting scenes purely. But i enjoy the darkness in the show. the revenge plots, the dark story of some of the characters.

Nagato, Itachi/Sauske for example.
    Pokemon X FC: 2423-3210-7902 - Fighting Safari - Meditite, Pancham and Unknown

Kinda offtopic, but I never saw the point in watching such long animes. Feels like watching animated soap operas, though I guess that's just what they are. I personally only go for short animes, I want to see full action (not necessarily explosions, but also meaningful dialogues etc.) without having to drudge through fillers, I want to be done with it within a reasonable timeframe and then move on to experience something new. The only people I can understand watching long animes are those that started early on, wouldn't feel like much of a time waste if I watched an episode a week. But starting from a scratch now... Pointless, IMO, even more so in case of an anime that looks so childish and stupid as Naruto (just an opinion based on some gifs and spoilers I've seen, not that I've ever watched the show myself). Anyways, that's just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

The popular theory with Bleach is that its going to let the final arch finish and then animate it to avoid the fillers people hated.
    Hope so, would like to see the last arch animated and actually finish properly.

Just jump into the sub. I had the same mindset as you when I was making the switch from dubbed to subbed, but you get used to it and now I pretty much watch everything subbed.

It does sound bit like you have burned yourself out on Naruto as well. Try watching some other anime, preferably non-shonen since they all follow a similar formula, and go back to Naruto in a few months.

When I saw this topic I was like...well of course you lost interest, the story ended like two months ago...

Man I'm really surprised the Naruto anime is able to keep interest in people. I figured every one who took the time to watch the anime also read the manga cuz how else would you get through the damn story at a good enough pace to keep interest?

I only plan to watch the Anime when it actually gets to the ending scenes I want to see...mainly the epilogue since I am assuming they will do an entire episode based on it, and we'll get to see it a bit more in depth.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    The manga ended anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingsomething View Post
    Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
    Go back to 4chan and masturbate to your traps you fucking human filth.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2015-01-18 at 10:37 PM.

Have you tried Code Geass and Death Note?

At this point I'd just recommend folks read the manga. Another 6 month filler arc at this point is kind of silly, as they could have finished it off in the March cour

10+ Year Old Account
    What I do is google a list of episodes for X anime (one piece, bleach, naruto) and watch only the canon episodes so I never have to deal with fillers.

There are plenty of lists that tell you which arcs are filler and what # episodes to watch. You are not missing out on anything except a shit story by skipping them.

Manga is cool but fights are cooler in anime, at the very least youtube those bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The popular theory with Bleach is that its going to let the final arch finish and then animate it to avoid the fillers people hated.
    Judging by some of the comments I've seen on the Bleach thread here as well as a handful of other sites, the final arc has kinda worn out its welcome and is leaving people groaning at this point more so than the filler episodes ever did. I know I'm not really impressed; the war with Aizen should have lasted a bit longer and been the conclusion of the series imo. The Fullbringer arc and the current manga arc is just painful and bad, and I'd really prefer they not bother animating it.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    With all the fucking fillers it's amazing anybody can watch it anymore. /
    Seriously... "Alright it's been two weeks finally a new episode! ....FUUUUUUUUUUUU..........."

I don't mind so much if they go on fillers for a few months then come back and have real episodes for a few months but lately it's like, 3 new episodes then 3 filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    What I do is google a list of episodes for X anime (one piece, bleach, naruto) and watch only the canon episodes so I never have to deal with fillers.

There are plenty of lists that tell you which arcs are filler and what # episodes to watch. You are not missing out on anything except a shit story by skipping them.

Manga is cool but fights are cooler in anime, at the very least youtube those bits.
    yeah, cool fights made cooler!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Go back to 4chan and masturbate to your traps you fucking human filth.
    Nice, is that the defense you laid down to counter valid facts?

Full Metal Alchemist is also a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The whole Aizen thing went on forever... I was glad it ended lol While it might have been a good time to end it there, publishers and TV companies enjoy money And the final arc is actually pretty good, imo. No groaning from me.
    The manga didn't feel too long, but the anime did (thanks to the multiple seasons of filler crap). The constant filler arcs killed a lot of people's interest in the show, similar to what's happening with Naruto now. Manga-wise, the war with Aizen could have been drawn out a few more months to make it more complete (and have bits of the story done differently to make more sense), and then ended on a happily ever after note or whatever, but Kubo just seems to have rushed through the Fake Karakura arc which ended up making some fights feel too short and left some questions unanswered.

It's why i watch everything with subtitles. Especially long running series.

I stopped watching Naruto for a few years because it was becoming filler crazy and everyone was a crybaby every episode. I watched the show for the action, not teen angst. lol.

But this happens when a manga is popular and the anime is on the manga's tail the whole time. You get tons of filler.

Happened to Dragon Ball, Bleach, One Piece and a few others that escape me right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    funny story: i stopped watching naruto 2 years ago

they still aren't done with the animation and it's currently sitting on filler in the middle of the final battle

that being said... you could read the manga. you could also try to read faster. but really, if you listen to the tones of the actor's voices, it isn't very difficult to guess what they are saying.

personally i can read and watch and always have been able to sooo *shrug*
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2015-01-19 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medipac94 View Post
    Good, cartoons are for kids not adults. Next apply for a job.
    the funny thing is cartoons were originally intended for adults.

I lost interest in the anime due to the manga's shit ending/epilogue.