Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lost intrest in Naruto..

I loved this show with a passion. I tried it out a long time ago but it lost me in the first episodes but i decided to give it another shot because i like the idea of the fantasy world. So i started watching Naruto Shippuden and this time i was hooked, i watched 275 episodes in about a month which means i basically watched the show every hour i didnt sleep or work.

But now it has come to this.. I've watched the show in dubbed english and ive reached the "end" of dubbed episodes which since i cannot find anymore is at 275 episodes.
    I really cannot stand watching the show now.. im used to the voices of all characters and not having to read subtitles 24/7.

How will i know when new dubbed episodes are comming or will they even? I really want to keep watching cuse i love the show but i cant stand the japanese voices.. they all sound the same (no racist)

What can i do? Do i wait for god knows how long to watch the show in english again or force myself to either like the subbed version or even quit the show..
    Pokemon X FC: 2423-3210-7902 - Fighting Safari - Meditite, Pancham and Unknown

With all the fucking fillers it's amazing anybody can watch it anymore. /
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to one of the pitfalls of dubbed anime. Waiting.....

I personally can't stand the Naruto dub and the terrible mispronunciation of almost everything. But seeing as you enjoy it, either wait for them to air. Or just jump to the subs. I don't know how anyone can think the voices all sound the same. They are all so different, the tones the style.. Eh, once you watch enough anime subbed you wouldn't have this problem.

The subbed version is currently just hit a filler arc because the Manga has ended and the canon anime is probably only half a year off finishing. I have no idea where the dub is up to.

Alternatively you can read the manga. It will take you a lot less time as well seeing that' its over, then you will be ready for Naruto: The Last.
    Last edited by Kaitenx; 2015-01-16 at 09:18 PM.

This is why I only read manga now. The awfulness of Naruto filler puts DBZ filler to shame.

Well ive watched shows like Death Note and more recently Parasyte in subbed. So i dont have any problem with it if i start with it from the start but since ive watched so much in dubbed i cant really get used to the characters not sounding as im used too.

As for the show itself, i dont mind the fillers that much. The only time ive acctually gotten annoyed of it was the part with the boat trip to the secret training with Killer Bee.

But can i check somewhere for an eta on when dubbed episodes get aired or something?
    Pokemon X FC: 2423-3210-7902 - Fighting Safari - Meditite, Pancham and Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post

But can i check somewhere for an eta on when dubbed episodes get aired or something?
    According to Wikipedia episodes starting airing in Jan. But the dub is 3 years behind where the sub is at.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...28season_13%29

Deleted
    Good, cartoons are for kids not adults. Next apply for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Medipac94 View Post
    i basically watched the show every hour i didnt sleep or work.
    You obviously did not read what he said, and are here just to incite rage. There is A name for people like you.

To the OP, the best way to get around this - if you don't want to watch the sub version - is to find another show/s to watch in the meantime. There are dozens of anime that can keep you occupied for at least a year... until the new dubs come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved this show with a passion. I tried it out a long time ago but it lost me in the first episodes but i decided to give it another shot because i like the idea of the fantasy world. So i started watching Naruto Shippuden and this time i was hooked, i watched 275 episodes in about a month which means i basically watched the show every hour i didnt sleep or work.

But now it has come to this.. I've watched the show in dubbed english and ive reached the "end" of dubbed episodes which since i cannot find anymore is at 275 episodes.
    I really cannot stand watching the show now.. im used to the voices of all characters and not having to read subtitles 24/7.

How will i know when new dubbed episodes are comming or will they even? I really want to keep watching cuse i love the show but i cant stand the japanese voices.. they all sound the same (no racist)

What can i do? Do i wait for god knows how long to watch the show in english again or force myself to either like the subbed version or even quit the show..
    The manga finished weeks ago: www.mangachapter.me
    I highly recommend reading the manga.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Go back to 1920 with that close minded attitude
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    i lost interest in the Anime long ago
    i read both the manga and watched the anime and decided to ditch the anime as the manga imo is much better storywise
    and since then i've been more of a manga > anime person

i can't see how you don't like subbed version, i despise dubbed shows unless they're done rly well (which seems to be only disney that can do that) where the voices fit the character

so, you can either just wait for more dubbed version to come out or you can give the subbed versions a go, trying something new always feels weird at the start but after a while it will seem normal

or you can begin reading the manga.. it's good
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-01-16 at 11:15 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rindrae View Post
    This is why I only read manga now. The awfulness of Naruto filler puts DBZ filler to shame.
    There are 150+ filler eps?
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It's amazing anyone has been able to watch it for the past months or so...
    That's like saying "only kids enjoy amusement parks!".

OP: I'd just recommend reading the manga... There's not point in watching the anime now, not until it finishes. That's what I'm going to do at least but since you only want to watch it in dubb, I guess you're going to wait a lot longer than the rest...

I'm not sure if you should just "hold it" but like I said, just go read the manga and then wait for the anime to be finished and dubbed.

There's no point in waiting for dubbed if you want to watch more. It's just matter of time to get used to original voice actors. From your post it seems you haven't seen the part one (called simply Naruto) so you can watch that even though most of it was recycled into flashbacks, fillers, flashbacks in fillers etc.

While certainly annoying, fillers are unfortunately necesarry for long-running series based on manga as the original simply can't keep up. The other option is to make every episode half filler like One Piece. It's true every filler after the Naruto manga finished feels (is) completely unnecessary... milk the cow till the last breath I guess

people don't even realize the level of filler naruto uses. it's not just made up story arcs. it's still scenes with no dialogue. these are easy to create by drawing one scene and panning across it. attack on titan used it to an extreme amount, i'm surprised it was even popular. flashbacks, extreme pauses, and even additional fight scenes that were not originally part of the manga. sasori vs kankuro was like one page in the manga. anime managed to turn it into several episodes. naruto managed to find the longest river with logs spanned across it in the entire universe. there was a point in the five kage arc where there was a flashback of a flashback of a flashback that happened earlier in the episode. it was fucking ridiculous. essentially, all you're waiting for is cool things to happen to cool music, with piles of shit to wade through in between.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    There are 150+ filler eps?
    I think there are 148 so far more to come.
    Last edited by sharpy; 2015-01-17 at 01:40 PM.

Some of the fillers are nice, others, not so much.

OP, I suggest subbed. Or read the manga. I couldn't do it at first either, but after watching subs for awhile I got used to it. I could keep up easily and watch. It comes like second nature now. I was in the same boat with Bleach. I reached the end of the dubs and then saw all of these episodes still out there to watch, just in subbed form. So I watched them. Its kind of fun to pick and choose which voices you like best for which character. Then there are some anime that are honestly down right better subbed because the voice acting is better for what ever reason. Usually they fit better or show more emotion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    While certainly annoying, fillers are unfortunately necesarry for long-running series based on manga as the original simply can't keep up. The other option is to make every episode half filler like One Piece. It's true every filler after the Naruto manga finished feels (is) completely unnecessary... milk the cow till the last breath I guess
    The popular theory with Bleach is that its going to let the final arch finish and then animate it to avoid the fillers people hated.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Naruto is fine if there is nothing else to watch. But since there are other great shows Naruto feels pretty boring compared to them. And I am not sure what makes it boring are those fillers, pretty simple animations or too predictable story.

Deleted
    Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

infracted.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2015-01-22 at 04:27 PM.

Deleted
    I am occassionally watching some german dubbed episodes and it is just horrible what they do to the anime >.<
    Since you seem to be really interested in animes, do yourself a favour and watch the subbed ones!