Resto Shaman Feedback

Hello!

Our group is currently 6/7H in Highmaul and just started working on Imperator yesterday. One of our healers is a resto shaman who has been playing with us since Throne of Thunder; historically he has been one of our better healers and the only time I questioned anything about his healing style was during Heroic Thok progression. I got some suggestions for him from other resto shaman and as a result he improved dramatically on the fight.

I'm looking for some feedback on him this tier.. mainly because I've started hearing about it from one of our holy paladins. Personally I think a part of what's going on in terms of meters is that our resto shaman is focusing, perhaps too aggressively, on mana conservation.. meanwhile our holy paladin blows everybody else out of the water in sheer throughput but runs himself OOM in the process. Fun times.

I'd appreciate any constructive feedback!

Butcher H kill.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=2515&e=2783

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sevol/advanced

Deleted
    First off, your shamans statpriority is wrong. He's going for haste it seems, atleast for gems. The priority is Mastery > Haste > yada yada. Also Unleashed Fury is not a good talent, especially since he didnt combine it with either Healing Surge or Healing Wave, which he should His highest healing spell was Riptide, which I find odd. He's using the glyph, so must have covered the entire raid in Riptides which in itself is quite bad. The purpose of the glyph is to allow for better Chain Heal jumps, which brings me to his 2nd glyph choice: Glyph of Chaining. Now this is a very situational glyph, which it not very useful for Butcher in the first place. counting how many Chain Heals he did on, 4, I'd say one of the biggest problem is him going for optimal Chain Heal glyphs, without using Chain Heal at all.

This is the most glaring problems I can spot right off the bat. Feel free to ask more questions.

He used HTT and ascendance only once each; using those once early in the fight is a good way to save some mana.

Riptide blanketing is not very mana efficient even if it doesn't overheal much, and his riptide is overhealing a lot. He's also using healing surge a fair bit. My advice would be to unglyph riptide, cut down use of healing surge, and spend the spare mana on more chain heal.

Deleted
    He/she seems to go for some sort of hybrid itemization. Cloak being haste enchanted, whilst the other enchantable parts are multistrike. I would go Mastery on everything, including the gems.

Going for a glyphed riptide-play+high tides, in adition to glyphed chain heal is fail. It defeats the whole point of having unlimited jump sources from riptided targets when you go high tides. He/she should either remove the chain glyph, or remove the riptide glyph (Going riptide glyph is always the fail way of playing, regardless of fight).

I would personally never play with anything but Elemental blast for the 90 tier talent, regardless of boss. Going with Elemental blast would give him/her an incredible ammount of regen, which would leave room for more usage of chain heal, or other heavy spells.

I would personally prefer the totem CD reset over projection when I go with rushing streams. Adds a bit of overal throughput.

I dont see why he/she goes for stone bulwark totem. Astral Shift is better on every fight in highmaul IMO (if anything, changing this would affect throughput negatively on meters, but astral shift is good to have on every fight).

Sorting out enchants/sockets for mastery+a decent weapon upgrade would be massive upgrade.

SBT will mitigate more damage than AS on fights that allow it to be fully utilized, and it's available more often (especially with CotE.) AS is potentially better at mitigating single big hits, but you don't really take many of those in highmaul.

Deleted
    Hmmz. AS isnt limited to single hits though. itll mitigate more of an infested spores round on brackenspore, more dmg from a tectonic upheaval on tectus, and more dmg from a quake on twins (If you choose to use it on such abilities). It also serves as a lifesaver for when you make a mistake which would have been a death.

I see what you´re saying, but the current ammount of dmg the totem absorbes per aplication is useless. It doesnt matter if the overall dmg you take is reduced overal throughout the whole fight, because its such a minor ammount of absorbtion per aplication that 99% of the times it isnt going to be the difference between dying and staying alive. It really just gives you a tiny bit more heeps on the meters.

there are even more examples of when AS will outshine stone bulwark by far. Taking a round of 3stacks of cleave sub 30% on mythic butcher would be a great example of another fight where I just dont see why you wouldnt take AS. And the difference in CD isnt too bad either (using CotE for a refresh when needed is a fair point though).

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately I'm a bit dense, I guess, so the advice isn't 100% clear. The consensus seems to be that he should tweak his stat priority to favor Mastery (then Haste). That's easy enough.

As for the bit about Riptide and Chain Heal... I had a talk with him about some of the ideas thrown around here and his main concern was that increasing his utilization of Chain Heal would run him OOM. Switching to Elemental Blast seems like it would help with mana in this regard, but in terms of play style how does resto shaman work these days?

Say, for instance, a tank healing scenario versus raid-wide damage. If there's a good guide available, I'd love to read it; I'm just not sure if something like Icy-Veins is still accurate.

There was also talk of tweaking his glyphs. Mind elaborating? It sounded like he should decrease his usage of Riptide and unglyph Riptide as well. That correct? Keep Glyph of Chaining and increase usage of Chain Heal on top of only covering tanks and a few DPS with Riptide (i.e. more sparingly)?

Thanks!

Deleted
    What I am doing is not using both Glyphs of Riptide and Chain Heal and more or less using riptide on CD. He should almost always use CH on a riptided target (except ofc if all the riptided targets are relatively full on health). Imo he shouldn't try to mind too much to get the extra bounces from High Tide(having Riptide on 3 people, target and 2 extra bounces), but if he uses riptide on its cd they should come anyways

Also, I think Elemental Blast is a must at least for now, but it takes some practice to learn how to have a big uptime of the bonus spirit buff. Once he gets used to it, more frequent use of CH should be easier on his mana.

Also I found that Conductivity works much better for Imp H than Rushing Streams given the current low healing of Healing Stream Totem. Using conductivity, he should position his Healing Rain so that it will cover the current position of the ranged + one move from mines. (that should let him only cast Healing Rain only once every 2 mines which is way better than the bonus Healing Stream heal imo )

Hope I could help