Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who else thinks that Blizzard should have blizzCon at a different location next year?

I live on the east coast and it kinda sucks that I would have to go all the way across the country to attend. It has been in California Every Year if i'm not mistaken. I know that they have their offices very close to the location, but I, like many other fans would love to have it on the east coast or just somewhere else. Either way i am gonna try to attend Blizzcon this year

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way?

That request has been made since the first Blizzcon was announced.

Their response has been the same ever since. They can put together the best 'con possible, keep the costs down AND have nearly every Blizzard employee there by hosting it in Irvine.

They know fans, like yourself, would like to see it elsewhere. However, if that ever happens it will be on their terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everything has to cater to the east coast. We west coasters already deal with that in broadcasting.

Don't forget World of Warcraft is a world wide game.

There's isn't anywhere in the world that you could hold it that wouldn't disadvantage someone somewhere.

Also the Anaheim Convention center is both large enough as well as within driving distance of their employee's homes.

Deleted
    No, it's fine as it is

10+ Year Old Account
    It costs like $200 when Blizzard only has to drive a few miles up the freeway. I can't imagine what a ticket would cost if they had to fly across the country.

I like it where it is. It's near them, and the Anaheim Convention Centre is a nice one (and also the biggest in California AFAIK).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    No, it's fine as it is
    No it's not. It should be in the Midwest so both sides can deal with travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    No it's not. It should be in the Midwest so both sides can deal with travel.
    That makes no sense at all. Blizzcon isn't open to everyone in equal favour. Competing against hundreds of thousands of people to get tickets makes travel a non-issue. You'd first need to get your hands on tickets, and by that point travel is an automatic expense factored no matter where you live. It's not like people on the west coast are even given priority in pickings.

If you feel like spending two to three times as much money on tickets and merchandise, sure.

They should just downplay Blizzcon and start attending more mainstream game conventions, press events, and trade shows in a greater capacity. Especially since they claim they "lose money" on it. Mmmhmm.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did they not have a convention in South Korea before?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should do it in London

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Did they not have a convention in South Korea before?
    Worldwide Invitational, a different convention. They've done ones in South Korea and Paris. There hasn't been one since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksta603 View Post
    I live on the east coast and it kinda sucks that I would have to go all the way across the country to attend. It has been in California Every Year if i'm not mistaken. I know that they have their offices very close to the location, but I, like many other fans would love to have it on the east coast or just somewhere else. Either way i am gonna try to attend Blizzcon this year

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way?
    That would be reasonable if like 90% of everything wasn't normally on the east coast. East Coast bias really annoys me. I lived there for 4 years and its almost like the west doesn't exist. I would be more willing to let them have it in another country.

yep the cost of them moving all of their props and sets to anywhere else would drive the cost through the roof. I would love for it to be here to but being that it would likely cost more to go than it does now even with the price of a flight factored in.. i'm ok with it. I just make it my yearly vacation, maybe one day i'll stick around and visit disney/cali adventures.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    So someone on the west coast could get screwed over then make the same exact thread? lol
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Perhaps they should go to VIP elitist land and have their VIP elitist con there, and only allow VIP elitists who have paid subscriptions for 10 years in, because clearly they don't give two shits about the rest of us.

Not really, because we would lose a raid tier. Like for real.

*shrug* its an American party for Americans. Can't really blame them, wasn't it a failure when they held it in the EU the one time they did...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Munich, Germany.

Incentive: Real beer.