Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

This is releasing in about 3 days so I figured I would make a thread, especially since it is $4.99 from Gamestop right now. http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/sai...of-hell/118076
    And here is the steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/301910/

I'm not sure if the sale is a mistake or not, but 75% off on a game that isn't even out yet is a pretty crazy sale. It's a Steam key, and all of the pre-order bonuses are the same as the one sold directly from steam.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Snaps, son. Was going to pick this up anyways, but for $5? Heck yeah. If they don't honor it, whatever. If they do, that's pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it a console release or handheld? last time i paid 20-30$ for a console release title was test drive unlimited 2 and that turned out to be a trainwreck. i'm kind of hesitant when i hear a game is being released at that low of a price.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Woah... and this doesn't require SR:4? I loved SR:3, but I didn't pick up SR:4 since I couldn't get anyone else to play it with me. This might be worth the pick up just for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    is it a console release or handheld? last time i paid 20-30$ for a console release title was test drive unlimited 2 and that turned out to be a trainwreck. i'm kind of hesitant when i hear a game is being released at that low of a price.
    Console release. It's similar to SR IV in that it uses the same engine and largely the same art assets, so production costs were lower than a brand new game.

And from what I gather, it's not terribly big in its scope.

I'm actually happy to see a company release a sub-$60 game for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Woah... and this doesn't require SR:4? I loved SR:3, but I didn't pick up SR:4 since I couldn't get anyone else to play it with me. This might be worth the pick up just for the price.
    No requirements, this is a stand alone game as far as I remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Console release. It's similar to SR IV in that it uses the same engine and largely the same art assets, so production costs were lower than a brand new game.

And from what I gather, it's not terribly big in its scope.

I'm actually happy to see a company release a sub-$60 game for once.

not that i'm not happy i'm just really cautious after getting burned by test drive unlimited 2.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Steam is full price but if gamestop accepts $5 then by all means.

Thanks for the heads up. I bet it is a pricing error since all the other Saints Row digital stuff is 75% off. Hopefully sales are honored.

not that i'm not happy i'm just really cautious after getting burned by test drive unlimited 2.
    Normally, I'd agree. But honestly, since I bought SR3 on a whim, going back to SR2 and playing SR4 (not to mention the DLC for 3/4) hasn't burned yet met, so i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah I went through all the Steam and Gamestop stuff and couldn't find anything about requiring SR:4. I picked it up. Now it'll be the wait to see how much they charge... Not to sound cheap, but I won't play it for a while so if they want $20 I can wait.

Have you played SR:3 or 4? You can get SR:3 pretty cheap w/ all the DLC on Steam. It's worth the $5 or whatever they're charging considering it's the game and like 20 DLC packs. SR:3 is a lot of fun and it gets even better if you can play with someone else while you're on skype or something. It's a blast. Or go watch the Cox and Crendor lets play for SR:3.
    Last edited by Spraxle; 2015-01-17 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I bought SR4 with the complete DLC collection this week, for about $5 on Steam in preparation for GooH.

The SR games have always been the best at just making me relax and enjoy some random senseless gaming.
    Fantastic deal. Picked up the preorder for SR4 for almost full price then the season pass as soon as it came out and feel like I still got more than my money's worth.

It's a bit heavier on the humor through reference compared to SR3, but it's still stupidly fun.

I was always a bit on fence about SR4. It was originally meant as expansion to SR3, it reeks expansion in it's gameplay and style but fuck it feels amazing.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Yeah I went through all the Steam and Gamestop stuff and couldn't find anything about requiring SR:4. I picked it up. Now it'll be the wait to see how much they charge... Not to sound cheap, but I won't play it for a while so if they want $20 I can wait.

Have you played SR:3 or 4? You can get SR:3 pretty cheap w/ all the DLC on Steam. It's worth the $5 or whatever they're charging considering it's the game and like 20 DLC packs. SR:3 is a lot of fun and it gets even better if you can play with someone else while you're on skype or something. It's a blast. Or go watch the Cox and Crendor lets play for SR:3.
    i refuse to play saints row 3 out of principle that i dont support day one dlc.

i refuse to play saints row 3 out of principle that i dont support day one dlc.
    Pity, SR3 is actually very, very good game and day 1 DLC doesn't really take away at all from main campaign :|

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I didn't enjoy SR 3/4 nearly as much as I enjoyed SR 2. Still, stupid fun is stupid fun.

I hope they make HD remakes of SR1 and SR2. I really enjoyed SR2, but it constantly kept crashing on Steam for me. I unfortunately never played SR1, but I hope they remake it for PC. I enjoyed SR4 so I bought Gat out of Hell. I wish they had made SR5 instead though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I decided to pick it up. The steam page for it crashes firefox for me, huh.

It was not just 4.99, it had 20 cents for tax.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I wanted to like SR2 but the poor optimization that lags even on my PC and clear console port tendecies ruined it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I wanted to like SR2 but the poor optimization that lags even on my PC and clear console port tendecies ruined it for me.
    Have you checked out IdolNinja's FAQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Have you checked out IdolNinja's FAQ?
    No. I was so disgusted by the FPS drop downs and poor controls I didn't even want to try.