Frost help feel like I'm terrible.

Hello mages! Long time reader first time poster.

I'm a long time guild leader and raid leader, I am no longer raid leading as I've delegated that to one of my officers. I've always been okay before but I feel like I'm really not living up to my own expectations.

Here is my armory : http: //us . battle . net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Tiggi/simple can't post links

The weaker gem's are because the slots are less then heroic I seem to be the only JC in guild and I am making all the good gems for the team. I've told them I'm not gemming their less than 670 items with the expensive gems. I don't feel like 30 multistrike rating is what's hurting me. My trinkets are pretty bad for frost I think could that be hurting me this much?

Here's our recent logs. https: //www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/2mdaTrbYjRBD7MPV can't post links

These our the heroic logs from this week. we also had our first mythic kill on Thursday that log is avail too but probably isn't too helpful as I was iceblocking the beserker rush but feel free to look.

I'm running TV/MI/IN. I'm not a huge fan of frost nova or prismatic crystal. but if you tell me I should I would switch.

I'll talk about the butcher log since its a nice stand still fight and we got a good log of it.

a typical butcher open for me would be to blow timewarp MI, IV, Frost Orb, IN, IN, (while I build two FOF procs) then FoF and BF spam untill they are gone then I would activate water jet and try to get to more FoF procs.

I do a lot of raid calling, and I lead the range team around the circle on imp. one of the reasons I stopped raid leading (besides the stress of GL and RL) was it impacted my DPS a lot. This week's butcher I bit my tongue and did no call's previous weeks you can see I was one of the suckers moving in and out.

Any help would be helpful I'm not sure what I'm really doing wrong. I can't seem to rank at all. I read here a lot and try to take in lots of advice!

Thanks for looking!

Tiggi

Deleted
    There is a sticky post on this

I saw that but the last two posts on it have gone unanswered for the last 3 and 4 day's retrospectively so I'm trying to get some actual feedback.

Deleted
    The opener on your H mar'gok log is weird.
    I don't play much with TV but i would think a standard opener would look like this :
    prepot + MI
    precast FB
    pop whatever damage cd you have except IV
    Ice Nova x2
    Frozen Orb
    IV
    etc...

On your log, you pop IV right away thus wasting 3 globals for Ice Nova x2 and Frozen Orb.

99 FoF proc and 110 IL cast.
    50 BF proc and 53 FFB cast.
    6 MI in a 12:34min fight, should be 7.
    17 Water Jet in a 12:34min, should be around 30 depends on fight mechanics.
    11 Frozen Orb in a 12:34min fight, should be 13.
    Because of your bad usage of Frozen Orb, it lined up with IV only twice out of 5.

As long as you don't cap on 2 charges of Ice nova you should time its use with your ring proc.

All i could gather from the logs.

Edit : I can not seem to find any use of ice floes either.

- 17 Water Jets when you should have cast ~30
    - Compared to my log, we had the same amount of Mirror Image casts, except your fight lasts 2m longer, meaning you could have gotten another cast in there
    - 11 Frozen Orb casts when you should have cast 13

a typical butcher open for me would be to blow timewarp MI, IV, Frost Orb, IN, IN, (while I build two FOF procs) then FoF and BF spam untill they are gone then I would activate water jet and try to get to more FoF procs.
    Time Warp, unless your raid has him on farm already, typically isn't used on the pull for Butcher. Also, I've kinda built my own opener in a different way:
    (2s to pull): MI, TV, On-Use Trinkets (Shards of Nothing), Prepot
    (0.5s to pull): Start a Frostbolt and Water Jet when appropriate (if close range, just before midway through cast; if long range, just after I finish casting)
    (Pull has already happened): Second FB for WJ and immediately link with an Ice Lance (you will have 2 FoF, if not 3 if one of the FBs procced one; you don't want to munch one)
    From here, IL and FFB (making sure IL comes FIRST because FFBs can proc FoF!) until you have 1 or less procs of both
    Ice Nova-Frozen Orb-IL
    Spam FB, IL, and FFB as a normal rotation, but being aware that you'll be getting a lot more FFBs due to IV.
    Resume fight as normal.

So to recap without the breakdown:

(Prepull) Cooldowns/Prepot
    Frostbolt-WJ > Frostbolt
    IL/FFB (1 or less procs)
    Nova
    Orb
    FBs; watch your procs

I still haven't really found the best way to do pulls, I'm sure, as others will probably point out, but I mean, it's good enough for me and it works, so... not gonna complain

As far as anything else you can improve, your trinkets are what's really killing you. Your gear is up there with mine, but those trinkets >.<
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-01-17 at 04:45 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yeah looking at the heroic mar'gok isn't too super useful that was our first ever kill on it and we had not ever seen the phase 4 before. I was doing the raid calling and that always makes me lose focus on pure dps. I also saved some cool downs for the intermission phases. I wanted to make sure we got the ogre's down before we got to the next phase. could you maybe look at our butcher or kargath fight they have been on farm a while?

Polar you're right I wouldn't cast hero at start of butcher not sure why I said that.