Apexis cap should be increased

20000 is very low, there isn't much things to buy with them so I'm always hitting the cap. And upgrades cost a lot, there is an upgrade that costs 20000, the whole cap. Since it's a bit hard to farm exactly the cap, to buy that upgrade you probably have to exceed the cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I don't really care about Apexis Crystals. I spend a bit every week for seals and by the end of it I will have reached the cap again. The gear you can buy aren't good enough in terms of stats to bring justice to the price of them.

Apexis Crystals might as well just get removed already. No use whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    Meh I don't really care about Apexis Crystals. I spend a bit every week for seals and by the end of it I will have reached the cap again. The gear you can buy aren't good enough in terms of stats to bring justice to the price of them.

Apexis Crystals might as well just get removed already. No use whatsoever
    There are collectables, if they don't appeal to you, that's a "you-issue".
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

apexis crystals are the most pointless laughably daily quest you can do in wow. literally the gear gets replaced as soon as u get enough crystals to buy a piece. but ya sure, increase the cap.

Deleted
    I would much rather they implemented something useful to buy the crystals with, I'm sitting at 20k crystals with nothing to buy. I purchased the first and second stage of the crystal leg gear, but by the point I had 20k crystals for the final piece I had already replaced it with a better piece from the raid...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    wait people still actually do the dailys? i stopped the after the first week no point.
    Haha, I too stopped once I got enough for the Legendary Quest Line. I personally think they should find another use for the Apexis Crystals. Yeah you can get followers and mounts with them, Doesn't take long though to be honest and they will be useless for you as well soon.
    Selling myself out below

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    wait people still actually do the dailys? i stopped the after the first week no point.
    I find them to be fun to do, but nowhere nearly rewarding enough. Didn't stop doing them until I was capped at 20k.

6.1 is adding "Ethereal Crystalhide" items with a 670 ilvl. These are most likely upgrades from the current max-level apexis gear, which are "Flawless Crystalhide" items with a 655 ilvl. Granted, 670 gear will be useless for all but the most casual players by the time 6.1 comes out, but at least it looks like they're trying to extend the usefulness of apexis crystals somewhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    6.1 is adding "Ethereal Crystalhide" items with a 670 ilvl. These are most likely upgrades from the current max-level apexis gear, which are "Flawless Crystalhide" items with a 655 ilvl. Granted, 670 gear will be useless for all but the most casual players by the time 6.1 comes out, but at least it looks like they're trying to extend the usefulness of apexis crystals somewhat.
    Blizzard always seems to be one step behind. they make gear that literally hardly anyone uses. Especially the Apexis gear for mages is complete shit. Not one piece has multistrike.
    Selling myself out below

I don't understand what Blizzard doing with gear this expansion. They're pretty much making anything other than raids irrelevant for gear. Not even the world bosses are worthwhile.

Deleted
    The problem is just that, it requires the previous pieces, you have to know that you're not going to get, or actively pass on better gear for a specific slot for months to actually make use of it. It would have been fine if it didn't require the previous pieces though...

If the Ethereal Crystalhide costs 20k+ I don't see how a single person could ever obtain it and still need it seeing as that's 50k+ crystals spent for one piece of 670 gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I don't understand what Blizzard doing with gear this expansion. They're pretty much making anything other than raids irrelevant for gear. Not even the world bosses are worthwhile.
    Something I've noted as well, it's really quite disappointing. Even the new world boss released with Blackrock Foundry isn't dropping anything worth while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh agree to disagree. I mean look at the first world boss in MoP. Sha of Anger didn't drop that great of gear either. World Bosses are more meant to be casual it seems. I liked it more from CATA and WOTLK where you went into a raid in the PVP zone and the bosses would drop either tier set or pvp set
    Selling myself out below

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Eh agree to disagree. I mean look at the first world boss in MoP. Sha of Anger didn't drop that great of gear either. World Bosses are more meant to be casual it seems. I liked it more from CATA and WOTLK where you went into a raid in the PVP zone and the bosses would drop either tier set or pvp set
    Sha of Anger dropped tier gear.

Something I've noted as well, it's really quite disappointing. Even the new world boss released with Blackrock Foundry isn't dropping anything worth while.
    Yep, I already out gear Rukmar and he's still several weeks away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sha of Anger dropped tier gear.
    I stand corrected. I guess it just doesn't seem as fun with the bosses out in the open compared to them being in a legit raid.
    Selling myself out below

If you compare Apexis to Valor Points in past expansions it takes at least month of doing dailies every day (accounting for looting some shards from mobs) to get single piece, versus two weeks of raiding, it's already twice as long. But the main joke is that you need to spend your entire bank to get piece in advance and then farm for next 2-3 weeks. Did you get upgrade to that slot during that time? 15k shards down the drain for you. This gear should be BtA to be worthwhile at least for some alts. At this point I'm just buying reputation pets and sell them for 500-1000g profit per 2k shards, not much but it's something to keep it from capping (going for 100k shards achie/monument).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Sha of Anger might not have dropped great gear but Galleon did. If I recall correctly Sha of Anger still dropped tier gloves and legs.