View Poll Results: is separating the theory from the tactical (per tier) a good idea?

Voters
15. This poll is closed
  • Yes, a separation would reduce the clutter

12 80.00%
  • No, this would separate the disscussions.

3 20.00%
    Deleted

Tier 17 specifc thread (suggestion)

After reading:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Butcher-Twins

I thought that the OP had a point, admittedly not a perfect one as i will expand on, but still the mega thread is Big
    Now, i will admit that the OP's topic probably fit more closely to the mega thread, however the central point im trying to make, wouldnt it be nice to have a T17 specific thread?
    Ideally like: this
    But that would require another sub forum for paladins, and i don't think that is feasible.
    So perhaps This: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...din-PoV-Thread
    Could be made "useful" (if anyone think it is, fine, but i don't) preferably in three threads Like thus:
    -T17-Ret/prot/holy-Thread
    Where one could have a discussion along the lines of,
    is Seraphim better for butcher than Holy shield?
    Or, When we did it last night i used speed of light, DP, LH, and empowered seals, i thought this was the best set-up "insert reason"
    Something like this as an example i feel this would let the mega thread be more of a theory thread, and then let the t17 thread be a more tactical thread.
    After all the general tip that X is better than Y is nice to have, but its better to have a suggestion per boss, something the mega thread is not the best venue for, (imho).
    So the question is, should we change the current system to one of the two (realistically the one that does not require new architecture) i proposed?
    The poll title could have been better i realise.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2015-01-17 at 10:58 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    After spending a minute or two trying to unravel the question :P Yes I do think each Tier should be broken down into relevant threads for several reasons.

Firstly although the stickies (and Ret Theorycrafting which should IMO be stickied itself by now) provide excellent realms of discussion, anyone looking for a specific answer PAST this tier will have pages and pages of information to trawl through in an attempt to find where the current tier started.

Therefore I feel the stickies themselves should be the go to guides and information for the theory behind the class (stat weightings, rotation, etc) while the pages behind them can be discussion and theory about these pages. There should then be other threads which are similar to the T17 Paladin PoV thread which are there to address specific concerns about the tier itself and relevant information and strategies that each spec can use as a seperate discussion point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishna View Post
    After spending a minute or two trying to unravel the question :P Yes I do think each Tier should be broken down into relevant threads for several reasons.

Firstly although the stickies (and Ret Theorycrafting which should IMO be stickied itself by now) provide excellent realms of discussion, anyone looking for a specific answer PAST this tier will have pages and pages of information to trawl through in an attempt to find where the current tier started.

Therefore I feel the stickies themselves should be the go to guides and information for the theory behind the class (stat weightings, rotation, etc) while the pages behind them can be discussion and theory about these pages. There should then be other threads which are similar to the T17 Paladin PoV thread which are there to address specific concerns about the tier itself and relevant information and strategies that each spec can use as a seperate discussion point.
    yes it wasn't the clearest thread i agree.

Definitely agree that the current theorycrafting thread should be stickied and the pre-WoD thread should be unstickied. Is there some rule that states only "guides" may be stickied and "theorycrafting" not?

Yep, I agree.

It's awful trying to find anything in the "megathreads" And always get the posts asking usually the same questions, but who has the patience to go through tens of hundreds of pages?

Information should be split, and broken down into different things, it would make it much easier to find info.