Thread: Mythic missions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Guys so if i not raid i never get nice missions for my fallowers? i mean epic- missions epic- loot ?

First mythic I failed at 89%. Completed one this morning at 94%. Got a mythic chest on the rogue to replace the heroic version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asd12033 View Post
    Guys so if i not raid i never get nice missions for my fallowers? i mean epic- missions epic- loot ?
    If you run LFR you'll get some missions for normal loot. If you do not do any sort of raiding then no you will not get any missions for loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    If you run LFR you'll get some missions for normal loot. If you do not do any sort of raiding then no you will not get any missions for loot.
    This is wrong, you will get missions at the normal level (assuming you have the followers at 645 ilvl to unlock them) regardless if you run raids. My first highmaul mission was unlocked well before highmaul even released.

I'd rather fail missions than be given:
    N Tectus Ring
    H Tectus Ring
    M Kargath Ring (that I haven't even used because the stats are horrible for me)
    M Ko'ragh Bracers (an almost non-upgrade)

Like seriously, the worst possible items out of that place and they just hand them to me ;_;
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I had a Heroic mission fail at 54% like a week into highmaul. since then it's been nothing but successful mythic missions and every single one has been an upgrade.

muahahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Rely on Trait stacking rather than Ability countering. If you can get 4-5 traits in one mission that increase mission success chance, you only need to counter half, or even less than half of the abilities in a Mission.
    I've developed some kind of theory based on nothing other than my own experience (so no fancy numbers and stuff) that says the opposite. Based on the missions I've had, and I've had quite a few of them over 8 different chars, 4 of them at lvl 100, I've noticed that in the majority of the 70-90% chance missions that have failed, I was missing various ability counters. Usually when I have all the abilities countered, the mission will succeed despite undergeared/low level followers reducing the chance.

TL,DR: I think the game is overpredicting the mission chance when you stack traits but lack the specific ability counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I've developed some kind of theory based on nothing other than my own experience (so no fancy numbers and stuff) that says the opposite. Based on the missions I've had, and I've had quite a few of them over 8 different chars, 4 of them at lvl 100, I've noticed that in the majority of the 70-90% chance missions that have failed, I was missing various ability counters. Usually when I have all the abilities countered, the mission will succeed despite undergeared/low level followers reducing the chance.

TL,DR: I think the game is overpredicting the mission chance when you stack traits but lack the specific ability counters.
    sweet sample size bro

It's a decent number size (if I were to ballpark it I'd say I've had about 400-500 missions in the 60-90% chance range), but I did start my post by saying "based on nothing other than my own experience (so no fancy numbers and stuff)", did I not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'd rather fail missions than be given:
    N Tectus Ring
    H Tectus Ring
    M Kargath Ring (that I haven't even used because the stats are horrible for me)
    M Ko'ragh Bracers (an almost non-upgrade)

Like seriously, the worst possible items out of that place and they just hand them to me ;_;
    I feel for you. I got a normal necklace from kor'ragh, normal wf trinket from macklespore and heroic ring from tectus while my Gm's friend got the 1 piece that I want which was the heroic shoulders from the last boss in the cache.
    It's like everytime I want a upgrade that can be seen visually, RnGesus just craps all over me.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    I failed an 82% one this week, I didn't have a follower that could counter Magic Debuff.
    Raise your followers that Master Plan lists as currently best for that mission to ilvl 654. Basically, 3 followers at 654 on the 645 mission is almost equal to 2/3 of a threat counter.

Deleted
    I'm no real raider anymore so I only do LFR.

Am I correct to understand that you need to do HM LFR every week to get a mission or only once and then you get it every week, or every 2 weeks as well? Because I did HM LFR last week but did not get a mission

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I'm no real raider anymore so I only do LFR.

Am I correct to understand that you need to do HM LFR every week to get a mission or only once and then you get it every week, or every 2 weeks as well? Because I did HM LFR last week but did not get a mission
    No, you need 2 (might only need 1 not sure) followers at 645 item level to start getting the Highmaul mission (reward will be from Normal mode). It has nothing to do with LFR at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    won my first one with a 35% and second with a 75%

my followers got realm first mythic imperator
    i love them

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I've had quite a few missions with 100% without any counters at all... and they all succeeded.

(Master Plan is usually fond of suggesting placing a lot of ilvl645 chars with synergies on a 600 mission despite the lack of counters)

The mission chance calculations were reverse engineered early on. Each enemy = 1 point, each threat = 3 points. Each follower = 1 counter, each countered ability = 3 counters, terrain counters = 1 counter, mission chance (includes Blook) = 1 counter, racial pref = 1.5 counters. Success = counters/points. There is nothing special about ability counters except that they count triple compared to traits.

Note that the chance is per enemy. If you have 75% chance on a mission with one enemy, it's 75%. If you have 75% chance on a mission with 3, then it's 75% to pass 1st, then 75% to pass 2nd, then 75% to pass last which means the real chance of success is in fact 42%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steristumpie View Post
    my followers got realm first mythic imperator
    i love them
    Why do you think they bring achievements like "My ilvl is waay higher than yours"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaath View Post
    No, you need 2 (might only need 1 not sure) followers at 645 item level to start getting the Highmaul mission (reward will be from Normal mode). It has nothing to do with LFR at all.
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have several followers on 645 lvl and have actually already done 1 or 2 highmaul missions already.

But are you are you saying that I don't need to do LFR every week to "enable" the mission to spawn and it will just spawn on its own? If so, do you know if it comes per week or per 2 weeks as last week I did not get any

I've had TWO highmail missions 2nd one i got a RING ....wow a ring .......
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have several followers on 645 lvl and have actually already done 1 or 2 highmaul missions already.

But are you are you saying that I don't need to do LFR every week to "enable" the mission to spawn and it will just spawn on its own? If so, do you know if it comes per week or per 2 weeks as last week I did not get any
    1. No, you dont Need to run LFR to enable the missions.
    2. The "cooldown" for the missions is 2 weeks. After that it seems it can still take 1-3 days till a Mission gets spawned (so Minimum 2 weeks).
    Important to notice - 2 weeks after the missions spawned. Not after you completed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    99% fail this wednesday. I win.
    I'm 99% sure that you are lying.
    I highly doubt 99% is a thing since it means you counter everything but maybe one of your followers it's like 1 level lower than it should, which means that you could easily turned it to 100% before running it by giving him 1 item level to anything.

So yeah if you re not lying learn to play at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nir View Post
    this is actually false, WoW rounds down the chance %, if you see 100% it's an actual 100% .
    No it's not, I also failed a mission listed at a 100% chance because I didn't have one thing countered.

So either you're a liar, or Blizzard doesn't know what a 100% success chance is supposed to mean.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

The Highmaul missions last for 300 hours (12 1/2 days). So you don't get a new one until then, regardless of whether your completed it or not.

You get one as soon as you're eligible (i.e. 2 followers at 645ilvl), then every 300 hours. You get a normal mission until you have killed 15 bosses in normal mode, then you get heroic missions. Once you have killed 15 bosses in heroic, you get mythic missions (and mythic+gold if you ever kill 15 bosses in mythic). You can kill all bosses, or 15 times Kargath, it does not matter.

(if you're unsure how many bosses you've killed, go to your armory profile and hover on the Highmaul raid, it lists all your kills for each mode as you pass over each difficulty)