• I will play a different spec

21 16.28%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Will you keep playing if Feral AoE is not fixed

Yes
    No
    Not in Blackrock Foundry

Feral makes up for it with insane burst.

Won't ever be sat just because I'm "Feral". Don't see the reason to stop playing now. I'd most likely quit the game if I couldn't play the spec I loved. Alts are not an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral is boring. I had to go back to resto. i couldn't even stand more then 2 weeks of it once I hit 100.

On Mythic Brackenspore now. We took 3 weeks off for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New years. Mythic Tectus is next. No way I would ask for a raid spot on Tectus with the current state of Feral AoE and the nerf to guardian AOE. I believe Blackrock Foundry requires much more AoE than Highmaul.

After doing Mythic Brac and Tectus my guild asked me to change to either Boomkin or gear up my Hunter. I dont blame them. Since I was getting super bored with Feral anyway, I went back to my Hunter. I went Boom/Resto for alt raids but I dont plan on maining a Dru any longer.

I enjoy Feral in PvP but the spec lacks something in a PvE environment.

Already in the process of transitioning to Boomkin. There's a lot of AoE in Foundry, and it's unlikely that Ferals will be desired at all for Mythic bosses in Foundry. Not sure why Feral AoE issues are being ignored.

Deleted
    I loved Feral so much in MOP, with the snapshotting and everything, that I even made a 2nd druid to gear up and raid with.
    Now the class feels super boring to me, snapshotting is pretty much gone, all you have to do is keep up 2/3 DoTs and optimize combo point usage.

So to answer your question, it doesn't matter to me because I gave up on ferals since 6.0 released.

Ill keeping playing, had this char since 06 so im not going to let one bad tier(s) get me down.

I may make another character my main tho if the situation allows me

I give up. Every spec has been fixed except for Guardian and Feral which have received almost no attention for as long as i can remember. Dozens of tuning changes in the last hotifx alll we get is a Bear Thrash. Acount cancelled, tomorrow is my last day.

Deleted
    Christ almighty, the amount of freaking drama llama's in this game.

Unless you're at the absolute peak of progression then the fact that some classes are FRACTIONALLY behind others means absolutely sod all. If your DPS is too low then chances are you're doing something wrong - Player skill level means ALOT more than some perceived nerf. If your officers/RL's are leaving you out of a raid because of some stigma then that's their problem and not yours, easily solved by finding another guild.

My dps week in week out is high up the guild ranks, on some bosses I come close to top, on others i'm mid to low but I only read that as the strengths of some classes vs the weaknesses of others. If that's enough to make you cancel your account then there's more going on that some perceived slight by Blizzard.

Could we be stronger? Sure, but that's always the case - every single class feels the same. Personally I enjoy playing Feral and I feel I contribute meaningful dps to our raids. My burst and off healing is something to be reckoned and whilst I can't always produce the highest numbers, I know that what I am doing is helping the guild progress.

Quote Originally Posted by nicebikemate View Post
    Unless you're at the absolute peak of progression then the fact that some classes are FRACTIONALLY behind others means absolutely sod all. If your DPS is too low then chances are you're doing something wrong - Player skill level means ALOT more than some perceived nerf. If your officers/RL's are leaving you out of a raid because of some stigma then that's their problem and not yours, easily solved by finding another guild.

My dps week in week out is high up the guild ranks, on some bosses I come close to top, on others i'm mid to low but I only read that as the strengths of some classes vs the weaknesses of others. If that's enough to make you cancel your account then there's more going on that some perceived slight by Blizzard.

Could we be stronger? Sure, but that's always the case - every single class feels the same. Personally I enjoy playing Feral and I feel I contribute meaningful dps to our raids. My burst and off healing is something to be reckoned and whilst I can't always produce the highest numbers, I know that what I am doing is helping the guild progress.
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

17% behind in single target and 10x that in AoE is hardly fractionally. Anything beyond 5% is a problem and if you averaged single target and AoE Feral would be well over 50% behind. I think you severely underestimate how important adds DPS is now in Mythic encounters.

Also Feral is one of the few specs without a decent raid CD for Mythic. The only other spec Feral could easily switch to with their gear is Guardian which is in just as bad of shape.

Well to be honest Bears are in the worst shape of any spec in the game but Feral isn't far behind.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2015-01-19 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post

17% behind in single target and 10x that in AoE is hardly fractionally. Anything beyond 5% is a problem and if you averaged single target and AoE Feral would be well over 50% behind. I think you severely underestimate how important adds DPS is now in Mythic encounters.

Also Feral is one of the few specs without a decent raid CD for Mythic. The only other spec Feral could easily switch to with their gear is Guardian which is in just as bad of shape.

Well to be honest Bears are in the worst shape of any spec in the game but Feral isn't far behind.
    Going by that list Boomkin isn't in a good spot either-only ~1k above us.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Judging your position against the top dps is silly. Feral Dps is only 1-2k at most away from the Middle of the pack. At most they need to just bring down mage and Demo lock a bit and most classes will be within a couple K of eachother.

Also before you start telling me I just want to do higher DPS, I play Ret. Which is below you on the simcraft. I still pull numbers within other peoples range unless I'm playing against someone that is both super geared or knows how to play their mage/warlock properly.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2015-01-19 at 04:51 PM.

Deleted
    Bear (hue hue hue) in mind that list is postulating. Nothing is finite yet and I don't even think that list takes set bonuses into account.

I think you severely underestimate how important adds DPS is now in Mythic encounters.
    You overestimate how important aoe add DPS is in Mythic encounters. The important adds should be focused down. Anything that can be cleaved isn't nearly as important.

I'm not sure why you think quoting simcraft will help push your opinion. At least use something that actually represents in-game performance.

looooooooooool at this thread, man go reroll warrior with bladestorm and AoE for your satisfying

Quote Originally Posted by superfula View Post
    You overestimate how important aoe add DPS is in Mythic encounters. The important adds should be focused down. Anything that can be cleaved isn't nearly as important.

I'm not sure why you think quoting simcraft will help push your opinion. At least use something that actually represents in-game performance.
    Like this?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/6#boss=1722

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...uid&spec=Feral

Other classes doing 50-60% more DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Judging your position against the top dps is silly. Feral Dps is only 1-2k at most away from the Middle of the pack. At most they need to just bring down mage and Demo lock a bit and most classes will be within a couple K of eachother.

Also before you start telling me I just want to do higher DPS, I play Ret. Which is below you on the simcraft. I still pull numbers within other peoples range unless I'm playing against someone that is both super geared or knows how to play their mage/warlock properly.

That's because your AoE/Cleave is 50% higher than Ferals.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2015-01-19 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    Tectus is a gimmick boss and not the sort of boss you should be linking to say that feral AOE is a big problem. Pretty much anything not an enhancement shaman, warrior rogue or mage has issues competing on that boss.

Like this?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/6#boss=1722

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...uid&spec=Feral

Other classes doing 50-60% more DPS.

That's because your AoE/Cleave is 50% higher than Ferals.
    I think you are being a little dramatic. Is there a problem? Sure. Is it a major one that should cause people to reroll? Not even close.

I am in a fairly casual guild, 6 hours a week, 2/7M. But, as a feral I am top deeps on every single fight. There is merit in the argument of feral being weak at AoE, I can't disagree with you on that. But, a feral played properly can definitely compete.

At the risk of sounding rude, you are more geared than I am(I'm 670, you seem to be 675) and based on your logs you cannot break 30k on butcher, twins, or braken(heroic versions). Those are strong fights for feral and you are at the bottom of the pack in your guild. That in itself, to me, means you are more comparing your shortfalls of falling behind in dps as a feral rather than what feral is actually capable of.

Is there a problem? Sure, is it the end of the world you seem to be claiming in multiple threads? No.