CM tips for Ele?

Hey guys,

I was curious if anyone has done CM yet as Ele and how was it? From the sticky, it says the stat priority is Int>Multi>Crit>=Haste but for AoE would that still be the same or would it favor haste a little? I plan on using the 620 alch trinket, but would Copeland's Clarity be worth around 50k or so to help with? Is there another good trinket to use?

Deleted
    I've done 8/8 gold as elemental and i went with multi/haste gear with copelands/sandman's pouch as trinkets. I would go with the everbloom trinket (int + ms proc) over sandman but it never wanted to drop for me. Theres also a int/haste use trinket from Iron Docks, if you have all of the available i would go everbloom/iron docks trinkets. My talents were Elemental mastery, elemental blast and liquid magma because of the importance of aoe dmg on trash. Optimally you'd run with two specs, one with EM/UF/EF for bosses and EM/EB/LM for trash but I'm not sure how much faster that is as you'd have to stop and respec. If there's anything else you're wondering about feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinah View Post
    I've done 8/8 gold as elemental and i went with multi/haste gear with copelands/sandman's pouch as trinkets. I would go with the everbloom trinket (int + ms proc) over sandman but it never wanted to drop for me. Theres also a int/haste use trinket from Iron Docks, if you have all of the available i would go everbloom/iron docks trinkets. My talents were Elemental mastery, elemental blast and liquid magma because of the importance of aoe dmg on trash. Optimally you'd run with two specs, one with EM/UF/EF for bosses and EM/EB/LM for trash but I'm not sure how much faster that is as you'd have to stop and respec. If there's anything else you're wondering about feel free to ask.
    Why not Echo of the Elements if AoE is so important? Is it because of too much ramp up time? I'm about to start doing CMs as ele and would like to know this as well.

Deleted
    Echo would be better for the big aoe pulls (everbloom for ex) but since you cant change any talents EM is better because it's more flexible, it's good on both bosses and trash. As you said, echo has ramp up time and it might not proc while EM is guaranteed burst damage which is important since on some pulls you have to kill the mobs before your tank/healer runs out of cds. That said, I'm sure you can still do it with echo but I personally feel EM is superior.

Echo is better. You aoe is terrible unless you're double and triple earthquaking.

EM is good if you have a secondary spec for bosses I guess, but Echo performs almost as well single target, especially if you get decent procs during trinket procs.

Echo of the Elements is definitely the talent to use in CMs. From what I have noticed is that you can compete with everyone, but an Arms warrior for AoE with it. I do this by making sure that you have an Echo proc going into an AoE pull from the prior one by not casting LvB near the end of a pull.

Additionally, I preferred Elemental Fusion as my level 100 talent for more single target. I felt that Liquid Magma was underwhelming for its 1 second GCD when all of your pulls will not be massive and most bosses being single target. Anyways, I just love spamming Chain Lightning and Earthquake with an Earth Shock sprinkled in for a finisher or a bit of movement.

As for trinkets, I went with the WoD alchemy trinket and the Quiescent Runestone due to the Everbloom trinket not dropping for me. The alchemy trinket's int proc is stellar for AoE pulls. Finally, don't discount Mastery entirely because it still buffs Earthquake and that will be your #1 source of damage on AoE pulls. Whether it beats out the other higher stats for single target may be up to interpretation, though.

I really don't think it matters what gear you use. If it's your first time getting gold don't bother buying the trinket. When I first did CM's I just yolo'd in with my random raid gear (had like 3-4 versatility/mastery items iirc) and raid talents and we were still cutting with 30s+ left. It's entirely based on execution.

I'm confused then, should I stick with Multistrike>Crit=Haste?

And if the Alch trinket isn't great, what sort of trinkets should I look to get? Things with multistrike proc/on use?