Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question ... So Aerial Combat Never Really Did Happen?

"Engage in aerial dogfights with flying mounts and gnome engineered planes."
    The advertisement shows two gnomish planes in a dog fight over Wintergrasp...

Did I miss something? I've never found this in game. As in; actual flying combat, or being able to pilot a plane in Wintergrasp. All you can get is the demolisher, the catapult, and the siege tank. No planes...

10+ Year Old Account
    they scrapped the idea because it was a bad idea. They admitted that they couldnt really get it to work right in the game and they announced they were not doing in it before the expansion was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, that was scrapped.
    Too bad. Would've been awesome!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's Blizzard as usual. That wasn't the only time they even printed something on the package that was never implemented into the game itself.

Next Blizzcon, they will make huge promises and cut away a third of them. Again.

Deleted
    You can do it in the Goblin starting experience I guess?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It really, really wasn't.

It wasn't fun, controlled bad, and overall was a huge mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwii156 View Post
    You can do it in the Goblin starting experience I guess?
    No; you only ride a plane and toss bombs from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    It really, really wasn't.

It wasn't fun, controlled bad, and overall was a huge mess.
    Got a video?

Deleted
    It's somewhat in-game

Alliance got a taste of it with the quest Steel Gate Patrol

Deleted
    I would call this false advertising. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer View Post
    Take 'em to court!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly. They started printing these boxes.. what like a month before the game comes out? The beta didn't end until a week until the game went live. So I'd imagine by the time they pulled Aerial combat it was too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure nobody has ever noticed this in the 6 years since Wrath was released >.>

All an attitude like that will get you is less information about the expansion release. People always complain about Blizzard not communicating much, but when they do, they find 7 ways to twist their words.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It would have been like Vash'ir in a vehicle. 2 things people really didn't like about Wrath and Cata mixed together to make for one awful experience.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It would have been like Vash'ir in a vehicle. 2 things people really didn't like about Wrath and Cata mixed together to make for one awful experience.
    I loved Vash'jr! I love vehicles! I'm serious! What your describing the me sounds like paradise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    All an attitude like that will get you is less information about the expansion release. People always complain about Blizzard not communicating much, but when they do, they find 7 ways to twist their words.
    You make it sound like the player are at fault for Blizzard explicitly advertising some feature of a priced product and then not delivering it at all. Where did anyone 'twist' anything besides you.

Don't bother. We understand. Everything is the players fault. No complaint about Blizzard is ever valid and justified. Blizzard can do no wrong and are actually holy saints in a publishers clothing. Thread shall now be closed by impartial mods because it's 'unconstructive' and will not lead to any 'good' discussion. Lets stick with the 9999th varitation of a 99 page long 'Whats is the best race/class/expansion in WoW' thread instead.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2015-01-17 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    It's Blizzard as usual. That wasn't the only time they even printed something on the package that was never implemented into the game itself.

Next Blizzcon, they will make huge promises and cut away a third of them. Again.
    I'd offer you a Q, but it seems you already have two. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    You make it sound like the player are at fault for Blizzard explicitly advertising some feature of a priced product and then not delivering it at all. Where did anyone 'twist' anything besides you.

We understand. Everything is the players fault. No complaint about Blizzard is ever valid and justified. Blizzard can do no wrong and are actually holy saints in a publishers clothing.
    That's not what I'm saying. The guy I was replying to was twisting a relatively minor mistake into something as malicious as purposeful false advertisement. I agree that Blizzard makes mistakes, but the stance you and a lot of people have on this site is just as crazy as the opposite . Blizzard isn't constantly working against you. Aerial Combat was not some malicious plot to get your money. Take off your tinfoil hat. Aerial Combat was an idea that they were too hopeful for, they should have cut it a lot sooner so they wouldn't have to misprint boxes.

Why should Blizzard tell players anything if all it does is get people to threaten to sue? Do you really feel like you deserve to be told anything if you respond like that?
    Last edited by Whales96; 2015-01-17 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

TIL if something doesn't work out for a company and they don't pass it broken onto the customer- they're a bad company. (By the way, they never promised ANYTHING at BlizzCon.)

Seriously though, that kind of logic is why people don't enjoy the game. It's probably why WoD came out so shitty. They scrapped a lot of the good stuff for update what the game already holds (heirloom tab, models, garrisons like in WC3, etc).