Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoholic123 View Post
    Nothing to be pissed off about. They can reserve an item for themselves imo because they also go through the trouble of putting the raid together.Something I cba to do.
    thats a very good point i can never be bothered to start my own raid but i'm happy to join and often carry people 30 40 ilvl's lower than me when i over gear content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It pisses me off, because who are they to lock it? I mean if you're a hunter, and you want a ranged weapon, fine, invite no other hunters, unless they are needed, but to say every hunter that wants to join this group must accept that they will not get this item, it just screams selfishness.
    If someone is making a group with the express purpose of getting X, they're putting in all the time and effort to form, and lead the group... I don't see the issue.

If I have a problem with it, I can always go and form my own group with my own rules. It's no different than the required ilvl or achievement issue people have.

Like I've said before, it's up to the pug community to fight this and opt for personal loot groups only when pugging. Blizzard could help us out by making loot system an icon or something like the voice chat when looking for groups

Deleted
    So you are too lazy to open your own raid / playing the raidleader but still bitch about someone rules ? if he puts more afford & work to it he also deserves to get also something out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    So you are too lazy to open your own raid / playing the raidleader but still bitch about someone rules ? if he puts more afford & work to it he also deserves to get also something out of it.
    very true. And if you're the same class as the one who's locking and item you're very often able to make a deal so get the item(s) you need

As of today, I'm 6/7, and I'm totally join a group if I thought it was going to have a successful kill of Imp, even if I didn't get any chance of rolling on anything. I have a coin! That's good enough for me :x I just want the achievement now, so I can have pug flexibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the one hand, I think it's presumptions to do this and expect random pugs to join your group. One the other hand, if you don't like it don't join; it's pretty simple. I personally never join these groups, not because the item is reserved but because 9 times out of 10 they tend to be fail pugs. The raid leader is usually lazy and expects to be carried, he only created the raid so he could get the item he wanted and then bounce.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

"_____ on reserve"
    "link chieve or no invite"
    "gold pg required"
    "bads will be kicked"

All of these are pretty good signs that you're dealing with a petulant group lead. Ignore and move on.

It pisses me off, because who are they to lock it? I mean if you're a hunter, and you want a ranged weapon, fine, invite no other hunters, unless they are needed, but to say every hunter that wants to join this group must accept that they will not get this item, it just screams selfishness.
    Except it's more selfish to not even INVITE Hunters rather than lock them out of a single piece of loot. You have that a bit backwards. The other Hunters may not even want the piece.

Honestly, I have no problem with this. I just always make sure loot rules are posted in raid chat so when they ninja some BoE or something, I report them to Blizzard because breaking loot rules that were CLEARLY labeled is breaking ToS, and they will have the item stripped from them and potentially temp banned.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Bring brains please is alot worse imo.

If its stated up front , then I don't have any problems with it. The only time I get peeved at the raid leader is when they arbitrarily change the rules mid-run or kick people just as the boss gets downed (as to ML everything for themselves and their friends).

They're the group leader, that's who they are. They can lock any item they want, even if it isn't for their class (A Shaman can lock a Cloth item, for example).
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    As of today, I'm 6/7, and I'm totally join a group if I thought it was going to have a successful kill of Imp, even if I didn't get any chance of rolling on anything. I have a coin! That's good enough for me :x I just want the achievement now, so I can have pug flexibility.
    and now I'm 7/7 Normal :P

I almost qualify as human now!

A group that's open up-front about stuff that's reserved is a lot less likely to screw you over on other items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    A group that's open up-front about stuff that's reserved is a lot less likely to screw you over on other items.
    How so? They can still ninja loot everything. Reserving something is just a way of getting away with taking the first piece of loot you want.

How so? They can still ninja loot everything. Reserving something is just a way of getting away with taking the first piece of loot you want.
    If you can't see the difference between ninjaing something and having a prearranged agreement that a specific person gets that thing... I dunno wtf to tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that by saying "Tank trinket reserved, everything else open rolls" they would actually screw themselves over by ninjaing things right? That's Blizzard's stance on loot disputes: if the raid leader clearly establishes loot rules, they will intervene in the event of scamming/stealing drops/etc.

I know for a fact that they do this: someone who ML'd the Ashes mount to himself on my server less than a year ago had the mount stripped from him and was banned for a week. Know why? Because when he made the group (a level 70 looking for 90s to carry him) he said open rolls on everything. When asked if that included Ashes, he said yes.

So yeah, contrary to the whole 'wah wah Blizz doesn't do anything they are lazy' shtick, they actually will step in when people blatantly screw over other people.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

If the ML doesn't want what I want, nor is his/her class the same token as mine, there's no reason NOT to join his raid. If anything, that's one less person rolling against me for what I want.

Seems like you have either had bad luck with RLers or have just been screwed out of gear too many times. Never happened to me, so I'm one of "those" people who joins those groups.

But of course, this is one of those "don't like it, don't join it"
    Last edited by Bathory; 2015-01-18 at 08:15 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You do realize that by saying "Tank trinket reserved, everything else open rolls" they would actually screw themselves over by ninjaing things right? That's Blizzard's stance on loot disputes: if the raid leader clearly establishes loot rules, they will intervene in the event of scamming/stealing drops/etc.

I know for a fact that they do this: someone who ML'd the Ashes mount to himself on my server less than a year ago had the mount stripped from him and was banned for a week. Know why? Because when he made the group (a level 70 looking for 90s to carry him) he said open rolls on everything. When asked if that included Ashes, he said yes.

So yeah, contrary to the whole 'wah wah Blizz doesn't do anything they are lazy' shtick, they actually will step in when people blatantly screw over other people.
    Then obviously the smart thing to do is to not specify whether everything is open for rolls and to just say "this is reserved". If they specify that everything is open for rolls except that one item, and you don't need that reserved item, then you're pretty much on the safe side. It's still a selfish thing to do.

And it's not like a group, where the groupleader doesn't have an item locked, can't also specify that everything can be rolled on. So that would still be the best group to join.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2015-01-18 at 08:21 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares.

It is their run and their rules, if you don't like it seek elsewhere, if you don't care join the group. Simple concept really.