Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    t's still a selfish thing to do.
    It really isn't, but if we agree with you, will that make you feel better?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    How so? They can still ninja loot everything. Reserving something is just a way of getting away with taking the first piece of loot you want.
    You can't tell the difference between someone letting you have something or you stealing it from them? You can run into ninjas anywhere, IMO people who tell you they are reserving a raid item are even less likely to ninja.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    A raid leader setting up rules is perfectly fine with setting up any rule they want.

They could force you to raid in the nude, because if thats the rules of the raid - they are the leader. you join their group you AGREE to their terms.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    That's why I join open groups, not reserve groups.

The amount of Bullshit runs

"Looking for more ICC, shards on reserve."

Gets to Lich King

Mount drops

Oh look, where did the mount that just dropped go?
    People still need to group for that? Any 100 can solo it.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    Stuff like this has been going on for years now, but even to this day it blows my mind that people still join these groups. Not only are you taking a huge risk with these groups (the MLs are greedy and can not be trusted), but there are many other groups out there with free rolls for every item available. Why are people so foolish?
    Psychology lesson:

You don't like joining groups with locked items. You want other people to not join those groups too. When most people don't join groups with locked items, their raid leaders, who didn't disappear and still want the items, realize nobody is joining their groups due to items reserved. So, they create groups without "item reserved", with intention of stealing the item nevertheless. Congratulations, with your attitude you increased the rate of ninjaing and hate in pugs, while if you behaved normally, only people who didn't need the reserved item would join - thus less ninjaing and less hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Dunno why this is complicated, if you don't need or care about the item on reserve then it isn't of concern that it is on reserve.
    Well actualy if i say: item A, cloth intellect , is reserved less cloth wearers are going to join. Result people of other classes are likely in a higher majority like leather plate etc. So you give him a reserved item + actualy a better chance on cloth drops due to the nearly no cloth wearers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You do realize that by saying "Tank trinket reserved, everything else open rolls" they would actually screw themselves over by ninjaing things right? That's Blizzard's stance on loot disputes: if the raid leader clearly establishes loot rules, they will intervene in the event of scamming/stealing drops/etc.

I know for a fact that they do this: someone who ML'd the Ashes mount to himself on my server less than a year ago had the mount stripped from him and was banned for a week. Know why? Because when he made the group (a level 70 looking for 90s to carry him) he said open rolls on everything. When asked if that included Ashes, he said yes.

So yeah, contrary to the whole 'wah wah Blizz doesn't do anything they are lazy' shtick, they actually will step in when people blatantly screw over other people.
    Actually, their stance changed after WoD release, website just isn't updated.
    They won't do anything about ninja looting no matter how clear the rules were.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    If the ML doesn't want what I want, nor is his/her class the same token as mine, there's no reason NOT to join his raid. If anything, that's one less person rolling against me for what I want.

Seems like you have either had bad luck with RLers or have just been screwed out of gear too many times. Never happened to me, so I'm one of "those" people who joins those groups.

But of course, this is one of those "don't like it, don't join it"
    This.

I've actually had better luck with groups where something is reserved.
    Better to have a leader who is upfront about x item being reserved than some douche who kicks everyone except his friends once last boss dies
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

i find it funny how many ppl talk about the "selfish" leader yet he is the one bothering to make a group and explain tactics and he is upfront about why he make the raid in first place.

you dont have to join simple as.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

People complain about anything. If you don't like it, don't join, how hard is that for you? A lot of people don't give a shit about the certain items on reserve, they'd rather get the bosses killed and get items they actually want. 9 times out of 10 those reserved groups are reserved for a reason. They are almost always a group of people from the same guild which automatically increases your chance of successfully killing all the bosses compared to 100% pugged groups.

Last week we were going to 19 man mythic kargath, twins, and brackenspore because one of our DPS was going to be about 30 minutes late. Before we started I asked a friend of mine if he would like to come, but I informed him that he would be ineligible to roll on any loot that dropped.

He asked, "Why would I join a raid where I couldn't roll on any of the loot?"
    To which I replied, "You haven't even done heroic yet, you're not going to see mythic until it's outdated content. This way you at least get a chance to BONUS ROLL mythic loot when all you have is LFR and normal mode crap. You also get the related achievements which could help you get into other groups."

Then he eagerly asked to be invited because he realized I was right. It wasn't costing him anything but maybe 30 minutes of his time and while he had less chance of getting mythic loot than one of my guildies, he still had a chance to bonus roll and all of that was better than zero chance to see it. He never does the end game content until it's old content, so it was a great opportunity for him to get some good gear for almost no work.

Some people get all bent out of shape and butthurt about it, demanding equal rights to roll on shit. Those people get kicked as they should, because they don't matter in any world except their own mind. For you to piss and moan about groups that hold certain items on reserve is a bit silly. There's plenty of other items you can get, and if it really bothers you that much just don't go. You people whine about it on the forums like you're trying to start some kind of social movement to put an end to it like it's tyranny or something. It's so ridiculous. No matter how much you try to demean others who join those groups, it'll still happen with or without your consent because you don't matter.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's their raid, their rules...

These threads are getting old, if a guy starts a raid for Highmaul HC, sets a rule that all applicants must be ilvl 680, female blood elf priestesses and warriors with revealing transmog so he can take a screenshot of himself surrounded by boobs, while he rocks the reserved staff from Imperator - it's his damn, legitimate right...

Your right is not to join this group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    People still need to group for that? Any 100 can solo it.
    Replace Lich King with Elegon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    It really isn't, but if we agree with you, will that make you feel better?
    No, I'd rather be the misunderstood anti-hero.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    You can't tell the difference between someone letting you have something or you stealing it from them? You can run into ninjas anywhere, IMO people who tell you they are reserving a raid item are even less likely to ninja.
    I didn't say it's the same thing.

I don't think these people are less likely to ninja and if that was something that convinces people that they are not ninjas, then that would exactly be something ninjas would do to convince people they are not ninjas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to do this in SoO because I needed Thok's Tail Tip on my DK which was 582 and I needed literally nothing else from the raid. I pretty much carried every run I was in and always finished up until Garrosh.

Does that make me a bad, selfish person? I would like to think after the 15th try of Thok on my character which has long since passed the need for that difficulty I sort of deserve the item.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    You absolutely deserve the item, just not more than the other people who want it.
    And if they need it they're absolutely free to not join my run, I'm not attempting to deceive them about the item, and honestly I never had problems filling runs anyway because either casters/agi users would just join instead or plate users who didn't need it, or didn't care.

That's not being selfish, that's honesty. The amount of groups out there that "don't" have the item reserved is much higher than the one that have a singular item reserved, so it's not like in the entire group finder, people cannot find a singular group where items they need won't be reserved.

Mind you, I still never got it. But that's a whole other issue on it's own.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

I haven't really bothered pugging on my alts this tier yet, but personal loot or gtfo. Who in their right mind would take the risk of master loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    And if they need it they're absolutely free to not join my run
    A simple truth that still somehow seems to elude some people after all these year...

10+ Year Old Account
    On top of that, you see "LFM Highmaul heroic trash run, first item goes to me for my save.." a lot also.
    These people should burn.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by McHamr View Post
    Well actualy if i say: item A, cloth intellect , is reserved less cloth wearers are going to join. Result people of other classes are likely in a higher majority like leather plate etc. So you give him a reserved item + actualy a better chance on cloth drops due to the nearly no cloth wearers.
    and? What's the problem?

It is acceptable to me, as long as the Raid Leader is very well geared, and an excellent player. That is, is we are benefitting greatly from he or she leading the raid, that's fine.

It's it's some scrub in blues, then I'd be offended at him or her reserving an item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they join because that item is not something they care about? Generally if there it one item on reserve, it is usually the only one that RL needs, meaning they are no competition on any other gear.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.