Deleted

[Prot] Tier 17 Bonus

Tier 17 Set Bonuses:

*Protection 2P Bonus Shield Slam has a 8% chance to automatically cast Shield Block.
    *Protection 4P Bonus While Shield Block is active, your shield block value is increased by 5%.

Dont get what 4P Bonus do? anyone? captain?

EDIT: typo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like you would block for 35%
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Shield block value used to increase your shield slam damage and the amount of dmg u can block, dunno if this means flat +5% though

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horfst View Post
    Shield block value used to increase your shield slam damage and the amount of dmg u can block, dunno if this means flat +5% though
    the amount of damage you block is fixed at 30% unless you block critical, which would increase the amount of blocked damage to 60%. Shieldslamdamage is also not tied to any value on the shield anymore. Asides from being an enabler to perform certain shield-related attacks (such as Shieldslam) the Shield is nothing but a statstick.
    Thus I still believe, that it simply pushes our amount of blocked damage to 35%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I read somewhere a crit block with 4p would be a 70% block, I always assumed it would just be 65%, can anyone confirm on deny what it actually is?

The set bonus WAS at one point 20% increased block value, but because warriors were mitigating such an insane amount of physical damage it was nerfed to a flat 5% which explains why it looks so crappy now.

There is no complicated math behind it. With the set bonus normal blocks mitigate 35% damage and critical block 65%.

considering that there are 2 pieces with crit and mastery non set which are hands and chest while tier chest piece has crit + haste and tier hands has mastery and multistrike do you think the 4 set is still worth getting or better going for a 2 set only which will most likely be shoulders and legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    The set bonus WAS at one point 20% increased block value, but because warriors were mitigating such an insane amount of physical damage it was nerfed to a flat 5% which explains why it looks so crappy now.

There is no complicated math behind it. With the set bonus normal blocks mitigate 35% damage and critical block 65%.
    I'll have to see if I can dig up the logs - but I thought testing on beta concluded that it was 35% and 70%. (This is why they had to nerf it so hard, because we were originally getting critical blocks for 100% of the damage, since crit blocks are twice that of normals)

edit:

38511/(12162+4342+38511) = 70%
    38023/(12955+3340+38023) = 70%
    Last edited by booi; 2015-01-19 at 12:46 AM.

Deleted
    It's 5% less physical damage taken with SBlock up. I'll take that any day. If I had to miss out on one piece, I'd probably drop the chest or the head, but this set bonus will still marginally outperform any flat stat increases even if they are optimal. At least none of our armour has utterly useless stat combinations (i.e. Haste + Multistrike)
    Last edited by mmocda8f712d13; 2015-01-27 at 02:06 AM.

I have been looking around at the top parsing (in both DPS and Survivability) Prot Warrs, and I am seeing a pretty mixed result of those who have the 4pc that do not. All of them have the 2pc, with most using the Mast/Vers helm and the Mast/Crit gloves as the "off pieces." There are just as many, though, that are using the full 4 set. I am pretty torn about it right now myself. I guess I will stick with it for now, and break the 4 pc if I happen to get a Mythic version of the Mast/Vers Helm or the Mast/Crit gloves. I do have HWF + Socketed Mast/Crit gloves, but I'm not sure if that plus the Helm outweigh to total DR of the 4 pc at roughly the same item level.