Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't know that you want to start now. The first ones date all the way back 25 years, iirc, and it definitely looks dated at this point. I tried starting from season 1 (which was very monster-of-the-week) and the writing still holds up, but it's just like looking back in time.
    I actually watched the first 4 seasons from Netflix during summer.
    I don't think it's that aged really. The show is shot so brilliantly, it has no CGI whatsoever - because they pretty much never show any aliens or whatnot - so it looks very real.

I loved the technology advances throughout those years - you can see it in the show. From normal phones slowly to those beeping things and then to mobile phones. First DOS-like computers used only for writing text and evolving to the computers "today" through various Windows and Mac versions. Scientific things like DNA research becoming a thing. INTERNET becoming a thing. Digital cameras becoming a thing.....

Not to mention fashion, cars etc. evolving.

All in all, a great journey to watch that show. I should finish up the rest of the seasons at some point.

So apepi, watch it, it's on Netflix - all seasons.

That series has an episode on pretty much any well known mystery in the world. All cryptoids, aliens, folklore and conspiracies are pretty much covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I actually watched the first 4 seasons from Netflix during summer.
    I don't think it's that aged really. The show is shot so brilliantly, it has no CGI whatsoever - because they pretty much never show any aliens or whatnot - so it looks very real.

I loved the technology advances throughout those years - you can see it in the show. From normal phones slowly to those beeping things and then to mobile phones. First DOS-like computers used only for writing text and evolving to the computers "today" through various Windows and Mac versions. Scientific things like DNA research becoming a thing. INTERNET becoming a thing. Digital cameras becoming a thing.....

Not to mention fashion, cars etc. evolving.

All in all, a great journey to watch that show. I should finish up the rest of the seasons at some point.

So apepi, watch it, it's on Netflix - all seasons.

That series has an episode on pretty much any well known mystery in the world. All cryptoids, aliens, folklore and conspiracies are pretty much covered.
    Only 4 seasons? Filthy Casual

I was raised on X-Files. I watched every episode as it aired(sometimes had to record it via VHS). I watched reruns for years. 2-3 years ago I power watched the whole series on Netflix. Occasionally I'll fire up a random episode and let it play 4-5 episodes as I go to sleep..

I hope they do more than this mini-reboot half-series. But Duchovney is a diva so I doubt it will last very long.

I'm not saying it's not a great series, but some people don't like watching old-looking stuff. I grew up in that world, so I'm fine with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Only 4 seasons? Filthy Casual

I was raised on X-Files. I watched every episode as it aired(sometimes had to record it via VHS). I watched reruns for years.
    I watched it here and there when it aired live. I was on my busy teenage years those days, didn't have time to watch TV.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    I red the thread about not using same titles again so I hope you don't mark this as necro.

So, many many years ago I spent holiday on some good island. I was young and really did not yet watched a lot of the x-files episodes (I only remember one - some green insects in a dark forest invading even the car to web and kill - what EP is this? ^^) but in TV there run a big episode/episodes/movie(??) showing CSM in monologue explaining the entire series. CSM told about himself and in the end he sniped someone. This was the most interesting thing today and after watching many x-flies episodes that just bored me I wonder - what episode or movie was that? I really just want to re-watch this.

Q: Is there going to be a new season of X-Files?
    A: We got Season 10 in 2016 (6 episodes). They have definitely been in talks to produce season 11. Apparently talks are at an impasse as of this post. If that impasse can be resolved in time for some spring shooting, we might still get new episodes for Fall 2017. Otherwise, we may have to wait until at least 2018.

This is still a developing story and anything can change at any time.

Here is a reference link:

https://thexcastblog.wordpress.com/2...ul-about-2017/
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Awesome, I really enjoyed the previous (short) season. Was great to see Mulder & Scully back again. That season also had a hilarious episode, one of the best imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still haven't watched season 10. From everything I heard it was super comedic and almost seemed more like a parody/homage that a real episode.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The new season was.......alright. The through storyline was about something that happened in the movie, so if you didn't see the movie you'd be kind of lost.

The one-offs were probably better than the season-long conspiracy episodes.

X files season 11 has been announced! Filming will begin this summer. The first estimate is that it will air in the 2017/2018 season. There will be TEN episodes (up from 6 in season 10). Mulder and scully both return!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hopefully fake Mulder and Scully don't.
    Tbh both David and Gillian were godawful in season 10. Like they had never acted before. Both looked like they had had a mental breakdown and David also looked like having a 10 year streak of drinking.

The fun and energetic duo was all gone. I didn't see Mulder and Scully.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hopefully fake Mulder and Scully don't.
    Yeaaaah that was.... thanks but no thanks.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I honestly don't know how they can have a show any longer. Since the episode that Mulder finds his sister and describes her being in 'a better place' and finds peace with that should have marked the end of the series. Turning self-destructive after that should not have happened.

Hope Chris Carter has been working on his writing, his contributions to season 10 seemed to weakest compared to some of the middle ones.

Deleted
    The new season was.......alright. The through storyline was about something that happened in the movie, so if you didn't see the movie you'd be kind of lost.

The one-offs were probably better than the season-long conspiracy episodes.
    How can one-offs be good in the long run, we know as the audience that they nevere will find or keep some real proof of something supernatural, hence the "reset button" treatment of all one-offs in the end... and way shall we care then.

Conspiracy episodes have atlest the illusion that they lern somthing and coming closer to unravel conspiracy... I did give up X-files then Mulder disappeared and I realise that they never will unravel conspiracy.

So I cant see that the nex X-files have "staying power"

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd be more interested in a complete reboot of the series, instead of continueing it on.

honestly after that finale of s10, jesus. how do you keep it going after that mess.
    Hi

Yeah, the finale just plain didn't make sense, iirc. I don't hold much hope for this new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'd be more interested in a complete reboot of the series, instead of continueing it on.

honestly after that finale of s10, jesus. how do you keep it going after that mess.
    Ya i agree, a reboot where Mulder and Scully never leave would be awesome. I mean unless they can figure out how to cure the whole world in ep 1(or the alians do it) humanity is fucked in the new season and it will be come post apocalyptic. It could follow the Alien twins from season 10 too i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the finale just plain didn't make sense, iirc. I don't hold much hope for this new season.
    Well the series is produced by Fox...but I wasn't expecting the finale to go full Fox News. It had everything from aliens, abductions, dna manipulation, anti-vaxxing, government conspiracy, armageddon, alien dna, chemtrails, microwave disturbance......... did I forget something? It was like Alex Jones had written the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well the series is produced by Fox...but I wasn't expecting the finale to go full Fox News. It had everything from aliens, abductions, dna manipulation, anti-vaxxing, government conspiracy, armageddon, alien dna, chemtrails, microwave disturbance......... did I forget something? It was like Alex Jones had written the script.
    Actually iirc the made Vaxxing out tobe a good thing, because those were the only people who they would have implanted the alien DNA that lets you live through the virus that was supposed to cull humanity.