Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    LOL no I just forgot that I'm using my spirit/haste/vers trinket because it's HWF, not because it's better than regular Heroic Runestone. Derp. My bad guys.

Looking at BRF it probably won't change much. One Spirit trinket is already BiS and the other one is a Haste proc so it's so far behind that the buff to static spirit just makes it less terrible if you're forced to use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, if they wanted to just make Spirit more valuable to MW, they could have just increased the healing and mana cost of SCK and RJW proportionally, or even SM, or if they didn't want to affect our burst, lowered the mana cost of SCK and RJW slightly. This is a Mana Tea mechanical change, which is much more complicated than what they had to do to make Spirit more valuable for us -- probably targetted at Crane Stance cheesing.
    But then what would be the point of having stances....

Deleted
    Imo a much simpler fix to this whole tinkering with (butchering) our mana tea mechanics would be to just scrap the whole thing.

-No more mana tea
    -Reduced spell costs
    -Fistweaving costs no mana and is used solely for helping out on damage (reduce the stance dance to 0.5 global)
    -To keep the brew theme that us monks have, cause spent Chi to grant stacks of Renewing Brew? Which, increases our Renewing Mist healing for 2% per stack consumed for X amount of seconds after finishing drinking. Up to 10 stacks at a time?

I don't know, I'm not a designer but that's what I'd aim for to stop this constant tug-of-war over our mana regen.

Or how about having a healing version of tigereye brew? increased throughput and maybe add a bit of multistrike too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    Or how about having a healing version of tigereye brew? increased throughput and maybe add a bit of multistrike too.
    Zero mana usage for X number of seconds? Use 10 second bursts like TigerEye Brew?

Quote Originally Posted by appletonoutcast View Post
    Zero mana usage for X number of seconds? Use 10 second bursts like TigerEye Brew?
    The sheer number of worthwhile ideas makes one think what it actually IS, that Blizzard is so keen on keeping Mana-Tea as hard und pure regen factor.

Are monks so good at healing, that all we have to worry about is how we get back our mana?
    Fiercon

A close friend of mine plays MW and doesn't like to DPS, and is saying that MW is "useless" now with this change,as it "will change everything about the spec". And is considering re-rolling. When to me it only looks like MW is gonna need Spirit (like every other healer). So my question is this: how bad is this change actually? Is he right?

Quote Originally Posted by FatefulCless View Post
    A close friend of mine plays MW and doesn't like to DPS, and is saying that MW is "useless" now with this change,as it "will change everything about the spec". And is considering re-rolling. When to me it only looks like MW is gonna need Spirit (like every other healer). So my question is this: how bad is this change actually? Is he right?
    That's the thing though, not every other healer cares about spirit right now. On top of that, MW *already* cares, but HM mechanics made it seem like the spec doesn't. This change is aimed at the raiding population, but all it does is damage its viability in low-gear content(PGs, CMs, newly dinged MWs) and doesn't really affect the geared raiding population at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FatefulCless View Post
    We're going to be worse up to high end BRF, at which point we're going to start being much better. So much better, in fact, that in the next tier (after BRF) we will have a truly stupid amount of mana. Meanwhile, in 5-mans such as heroics for gearing people or Challenge Modes, Monks were already the worst healer, and will be far, far worse than they were before.

This change makes absolutely no sense because it absolutely destroys any hopes of a monk healing a 5-man (where we were already crap), whereas it will spiral out of control in no time in raids, at which point Blizzard is going to have to nerf it with every new patch. It's simply very bad design.

It certainly doesn't change everything. You will play exactly as you were before, you'll just get less mana back. The only thing that bugs me is that spirit trinkets are literally useless dps-wise in fights where you're in Crane almost the entire fight (So we'll do less dps than we do now, even though it's already really low) . At least that's what I think, maybe someone will come up with something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    The sheer number of worthwhile ideas makes one think what it actually IS, that Blizzard is so keen on keeping Mana-Tea as hard und pure regen factor.

Are monks so good at healing, that all we have to worry about is how we get back our mana?
    Fiercon
    Hey guys, made a quick writeup of this idea on the main forums. Please head over and respond/criticize.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699097941#1

At this point, I'm wondering if coming up with a more "signature" feeling brew, rather than a straight mana regen, will be a better way to appeal to them to fix this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    Been thinking about that for a long time, I wonder what those guys at blizzard are paid for...

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it.

Deleted
    make it a tiger eyes brew ish thing, either increase our Regen by x per stack consumed, or reduce spell cos by x per stack consumed, make it instant and not channeled.
    or as just increased healing by x amount per stack

One of my issues with MW is that the mechanics force MW into Raid healing. Our single target heals just don't match in terms of mana efficiency (because of chi).

Soothing Mist looks like really good Heals per mana on paper, but without surging mist, you end up just slowly draining your mana for a mediocre HPS.

I really hate this mana change. I won't be able to justify FW any longer since it wont generate net mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaigar View Post
    One of my issues with MW is that the mechanics force MW into Raid healing. Our single target heals just don't match in terms of mana efficiency (because of chi).
    It'd be swell if MW Mastery was just "simple" and improved the healing-per-tick of Soothing and either buffed Surging or gave a mastery% chance of a Chi refund on Uplift.

PS: I have the FinalbossTV episode sitting on my desktop to watch tonight, so I'm not sure what Monkioh & Supliftz ended up saying RE: mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollify View Post
    PS: I have the FinalbossTV episode sitting on my desktop to watch tonight, so I'm not sure what Monkioh & Supliftz ended up saying RE: mastery.
    basically "trash tier stat gg terrible"
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise