Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thefrankto View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but ALL of those changes are live already, yes? Hotfixes not yet reflected by tooltips, I'm fairly certain.

EDIT: Also, the 22.5% to 30% is actually a nerf from 30% to 22.5%.
    It's 22.5% on live right now.

Last edited by iriecolorado; 2015-02-14 at 03:35 AM.

gonna see if its a nerf or a buff before i decide, if its a major nerf and demo gonna end up like the other warlock specs ill quit the game.

already told someone that asked what his guildie warlock doing wrong to reroll because blizzard has somthing against the class and just got proof.

the rain of fire fix never got mentioned again, affli and destru underperforming single target, and we are the only class that need to give up major single target ability in order to aoe properly.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

demo is to powerfull at single and AOE it had to be nerfed dont you agree ? just buff the other 2 dead specs to be viable and let WL spec for diffrent fights like all pures have to do
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Avido77 View Post
    I'm finding it hard not to echo the others' sentiments and remain constructive. Before Demonbolt was buffed I was very close to hanging up my Warlock. It felt... impotent to play and was relatively ineffectual in my guild's raids. Currently I know I am making a difference by playing my class well and contributing on progression night, but the only way to do that was with Demonbolt. Even then I wasn't head and shoulders better than everyone, just top 5. Now I'm right back in that place I was at in December wondering if I can continue to endure playing my lock. It's just a rotten feeling.
    I'm not saying they are wrong to go "what the fuck" but does having 20 people repeat the same post (more or less) basically saying "what the fuck" really help either? Personally I think this nerf is a joke, a nerf was warranted but 25% is quite steep and is going to kill that talent.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    While they could probably stand to buff up the class a bit in general, a demonbolt nerf is absolutely 100% in line with Blizzard's stated goal of attempting to equalize talent performance across a tier (at least somewhat) in 6.1. DB outperformed the other two talents by so much it's not even funny.

Yeah, I mean, those DPS DKs who got nothing but nerfs in these newest patch notes... Boy, they sure got tinkered with and inexplicably buffed! And those rogues, who didn't get any new changes. Totes tinkerbuffed!

I could go on.
    Then they should've buffed the other 2 talents up to DB's level like they said they would if a talent row was unbalanced. Also, Blizzard's balance in WoD has been a complete joke in general.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2015-02-14 at 03:47 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    demo is to powerfull at single and AOE it had to be nerfed dont you agree ? just buff the other 2 dead specs to be viable and let WL spec for diffrent fights like all pures have to do
    This post is exactly what i was talking of. Dps is always comparative than quantitative. Demo is powerful but compared with arcane mages, another pure dps class, is it? Sims show a difference of 3k atleast at 680 gear on patchwerk style fight between demo lock and arcane mage. I am not saying affliction and destro do not need a buff, but demo most certainly didnt need such a big nerf. Look at the sims below.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17H.html

Honestly, it's just pure trash to have to re-gear, re-enchant, and re-gem every fucking month because they can't figure out what the shit they're doing.

Deleted
    well, if the dark soul change is actually a tooltip change which i dont believe it is, since its already 22,5% on live, then 25% nerf to demonbolt and a 15% buff to its dmg from dark soul, then it isnt going to be such a huge deal, talking about something like 3-5% dmg nerf on single target.

i do hope that what Woz(i think it was) said about 4pc destro with CR and GoSac is correct that it did equal dps to demo pre demonbolt nerf, coz then atleast we would have a viable ST spec but ill we'll have to see.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2015-02-14 at 04:01 AM.

Deleted
    Dark soul "buffs" are all tooltip fixes. Tested it on live+ptr. The 4th demonbolt was doing 110k damage on both ptr and live. Tried it again earlier today 86k on ptr 110k on live (no crits, no procs both with my own buff nothing else)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatdownBrigade View Post
    -They are buffing our, and our pets damage bonus by 2% from Master Demonologist (from 6 to 8%).
    -Buffing the damage from Master Demonologist by 4% for ToC, CW, Doom, Immo Aura, Demonbolt, and Soulfire while in Meta. (12% to 16% bonus).
    you do know that these 2 are already in the game, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    On PTR CR Destro with GoSac was doing as much DPS as Demo (pre this nerf).
    Well, that's good to know. Destro always had the edge when it came to sustained AoE anyway, so maybe it might be worth picking Destro back up again.

On live, let's say that without DS, DB hits for 100k damage. After the DS boost, which is 45% (as it gets double the benefit like all other Meta spells) it would hit for 120k damage.

It's therefore a lot less of a nerf than we might expect. And that's ONLY on single target, on any other fight, DB makes up a significantly smaller portion of our damage, and therefore will affect us a lot less.
    Last edited by Xorn; 2015-02-14 at 04:55 AM.

Yes the Master Demonologist buffs I mentioned are already live. The Dark Soul and Service buffs are not.

By my math the 25% nerf to demonbolt, but with the Dark Soul buff is overall about a 8% damage nerf. Considering the fact Demonbolt is roughly 30% of our damage overall its about a 3% nerf to our single target. But if you factor in the buff of service to 25 seconds. And the general increase to your and pet damage from the Dark Soul buff its likely to be around a neutral effect on single target. Figure the Dark Soul buff will also make 10 seconds of your service even better. If you have your 4pc where you dump a CW after your 4 demonbolts it will be doing more damage.

What is lost in this is that this will be a significant AoE and Cleave increase. CW will be doing more damage. If you are running Cata it will be doing more damage due to Dark Soul. You can unglyph darksoul while running Cata, and then 20 seconds out of 25 on your service will be further increased thus your serviced felguard will do more cleave damage. Your summoned felguard's cleave and felstorm will do more damage during DS usage. Immo Aura will also do more damage.

So in the end this is going to be a slight decrease to net neutral single target change, and actually a considerable increase to cleave and AoE. Not sure what everyone is complaining about. None of this still changes the fact warlocks are valuable for the fact they are perhaps the most resilient DPS currently due to:

-10% increased stamina and 10% increased healing over other ranged DPS due to Blood Pact.
    -Have either passive absorbs or a major defensive heal and heal increase cooldown in tier 1 talents
    -A 11% heal or a utility AoE stun in tier 2
    -Tier 3 SL or SP are great passive or active defensives
    -Resolve is another passive 10% reduction to equal 30% total reduction when glyphed and couple with SL, or you can keep it as an active cooldown if a fight calls for it
    -Demonic leap and teleport are really strong
    -Gate is not as good as it used to be, but still has its moments of good use.

I mean what is everyone upset about. We are one of the better single target classes, and top tier in AoE and cleave fights especially when getting your 4pc. We have great passive and active defensive options. The only thing you can really complain about is Healthstones suck (although glyphed has some advantages on certain fights) and Afflic and Destro still have some issues but are getting buffed in 6.1 so it remains to be seen how they end up. I mean seriously most of the classes in the game would kill to be in the position warlocks are currently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    In 6.1, that same DB would hit for 75k damage before DS. However, after a 60% boost from the buffed DS it would then hit for 145k 120k.
    Wrong maths, ~20% nerf
    Last edited by mmocd331b185c5; 2015-02-14 at 04:44 AM.

...I don't know what I was thinking here.
    Last edited by Xorn; 2015-02-14 at 04:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    You might want to recheck that math.

75 * 1.6 is in fact 145.
    Nope... 75*1.6 = 120

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBart0 View Post
    Wrong maths, ~20% nerf
    should be made up by the fact that our pets and our other abilities will hit for more.

Nope... 75*1.6 = 120
    I could have sworn when I checked it my math was correct. This is rather embarrassing.

Deleted
    Nope... 75*1.6 = 120
    this is correct, what it basically does instead is move demonbolt dmg away and into pet dmg and spelldmg, should still be pretty even, provided that darksoul is a buff.

I don't understand this talk of a Dark Soul buff. There's nothing in the 6.1 patch notes that I can see.

us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/17561381/61-ptr-patch-notes-1-23-2015
    Last edited by Lone; 2015-02-14 at 04:58 AM.

The 30% Dark Soul is a tool tip update only. Stop spreading misinformation.