Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    BRF is of the current tier so don't spread misinformation.. It's the same thing as MGV and HoF.

It's all stuff that should've been in 6.0 really.

I wonder what the 'patch trailer' would look like.

WoW Patch 6.1! Heirloom tab!

Quote Originally Posted by Oxolot View Post
    The current raid right now, Highmaul, is first tier, but doesn't have the tier drops. The "new" raid which has been in the beta for WoD and has been tested, Blackrock Foundry, is also first tier. Blizzard even said that there will be two raid tiers in this expansion.
    They never said its gona be 2 tiers only, they left it in the open. No one has ever came up and said, hey guuys this xpac is 2 tiers only alright. What they said was theyre aiming for a 1 year release window beteween expansion, and that would only leave time for 2 tiers of raiding per xpansion, but knowing Blizzard they wont have the next xpac anywhere near ready in 1 year time and well be getting 3 tiers of raiding on WoD.

Also 6.1 is a minor patch, think the Landfall patch forom MoP, the big one will be 6.2.

Always the same. I don't care for the new content therefore it isn't content.

Anyways, there's also Iron Docks outside of garrison, legendary quest and heirloom tab. With some new items.
    Not so different from MoP small content patches assuming that Iron Docks is more than 2 quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally all that's being added in 6.1 is scrapped content such as the "new" heirloom tab that they happened to remove halfway through beta so that they can save it up for a patch so that the expansion gets the illusion that there's new content. Also, adding Garrison stuff that already destroyed the game in the first place.
    Because it is content added to already ingame content, updating it to another stage. x.1's always been content patches. And the heirloom tab wasn't scrapped but delayed, and now arriving in a content patch.

And with the Garrison stuff, that it objectively your and maybe others opinion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Nirox View Post
    i think people are still confused about the way they have done highmaul and BRF

6.0 - Highmaul and BRF
    6.1 - New raid and all the features seen on the front page + more to come
    6.2 - They have said there may only be 2 raid tiers so there's a chance we wont get this but if we do its another raid tier.

a lot of big patches have just come with the new raid so i dont understand how you can think there is a lack of content
    This is not how it goes these days. This isn't even how it went with Mists of Pandaria.
    In fact, MoP already used the same pattern we use now. Every second content patch adds major content, the ones in-between just add storyline elements.

6.0 - Highmaul, BRF, all launch content
    6.1 - Storyline, Garrison stuff
    6.2 - New Raid and new Lvl 100 zone (Tanaan), expected around late spring/early summer (~6 months after launch)
    6.3 - More storyline

Depending on if there is a third raid tier, 6.4 may add it after.

See the pattern?
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2015-01-18 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Not even gonna waste my time with a long post after that last sentence but, a new raid isn't a content patch? Eh?
    yet here you are posting nothing but a pointless troll post. But you did not read the post that person why replying too, no you just read what you want like 90% of mmo champ posters do and then cry.

New raid, garrison missions, next step in legendary quest lines, and- *rereads the post* Oh, nevermind, you're the type that should of unsubbed long ago with how unhappy you are, no point in trying to reason.
    I high lighted the point that the OP was replying too, yet you just skipped that because you needed something to troll about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirox View Post
    i think people are still confused about the way they have done highmaul and BRF

6.0 - Highmaul and BRF
    6.1 - New raid and all the features seen on the front page + more to come
    6.2 - They have said there may only be 2 raid tiers so there's a chance we wont get this but if we do its another raid tier.

a lot of big patches have just come with the new raid so i dont understand how you can think there is a lack of content
    I would like to change this a little. BRF is the 'new' raid on the front page. BRF is the next stage, don't get it wrong. 6.1 wont contain a raid as BRF is already implemented.

As well, Highmaul and BRF = One raid tier alone, so at least 1 more raid is to come.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Because it is content added to already ingame content, updating it to another stage. x.1's always been content patches. And the heirloom tab wasn't scrapped but delayed, and now arriving in a content patch.

And with the Garrison stuff, that it objectively your and maybe others opinion.
    I do hate to say but a lot of things in 6.1 should have came with release like a lot of the missions in the garrison. and most of the proff things are just added sinks for bloods and ways to make the barn less powerful. eg the new 125 cooking food. This patch is rely just a patch to try and fix the miss takes of making garrisons over powerful, not real content like 5.1 was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    I do hate to say but a lot of things in 6.1 should have came with release like a lot of the missions in the garrison. and most of the proff things are just added sinks for bloods and ways to make the barn less powerful. eg the new 125 cooking food. This patch is rely just a patch to try and fix the miss takes of making garrisons over powerful, not real content like 5.1 was.
    It would of extended the wait to Warlords of Draenor so honestly holding it until 6.1 was the right decision. Hind sight is 20/20.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    This is not how it goes these days. This isn't even how it went with Mists of Pandaria.
    In fact, MoP already used the same pattern we use now. Every second content patch adds major content, the ones in-between just add storyline elements.

6.0 - Highmaul, BRF, all launch content
    6.1 - Storyline, Garrison stuff
    6.2 - New Raid and new Lvl 100 zone (Tanaan), expected around late spring/early summer (~6 months after launch)
    6.3 - More storyline

Depending on if there is a third raid tier, 6.4 may add it after.

See the pattern?
    5.1 didn't add two new massive PVP areas (with objectives in them) with two now reps and new dailies? 5.3 didn't also add dailies along with tons of new mobs and a bunch of new things to farm for that would never be available again? K...

Can you please tell me how 6.1 differs from 5.1? Wasn't 5.1 just a new questhub and some legendary quest stuff? Or do we already know what Iron Docks will be like?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It would of extended the wait to Warlords of Draenor so honestly holding it until 6.1 was the right decision. Hind sight is 20/20.
    That is true, but I don't get how blizzard did not see the lack of missions with garrisons and the over amount of bloods in the system or how over powered the barn was. just small things I thought blizzard would see. Maybe it is just me. haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    Can you please tell me how 6.1 differs from 5.1? Wasn't 5.1 just a new questhub and some legendary quest stuff? Or do we already know what Iron Docks will be like?
    we don't even know the size of the iron dock upgrade, let alone there is very little land for them to work with. and 5.1 added more then just quest hub with daily's and legendary quest stuff. But those rose tinted glass's rely look good on u, because remember in mop release people wanted blizzard to turn down the daily's because people had too much to do, in WOD we have nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    It is a content patch because it adds content to the game. You're complaint is what the content is. It doesn't change whether or not it is a content patch.

Added content..

New blood elf models.
    Updates on the existing new models.
    Music box for the garrison.

This is all content.
    how the fuck can these be considered content? tho to be fair to blizzard they did say they needed a patch to add the belf modles

The current raid right now, Highmaul, is first tier, but doesn't have the tier drops. The "new" raid which has been in the beta for WoD and has been tested, Blackrock Foundry, is also first tier. Blizzard even said that there will be two raid tiers in this expansion.
    blizzard said there will be 2 raid tiers for 7 years

Deleted
    Why is 6.1 considered a "content update?"
    Because the first number after the dot increases.

1.2.3, 1 = expansion or complete revamp, 2 = content patch, 3 = hotfix patch, regardless what it actually contains. This rule applies to every game.

This is a patch to fix mistakes (identified in beta) that should have been in at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, some shouldn't. Some was added on the review of activities for the Garrison, for example. And still, it is content, weather you don't think so. Features and missions that was generated to give you a more overall grasp at the followers was content as well. Even if we don't think it, adding a new item is content too, and there's hundreds of new items added. Every expansion has their buckets, and really, the major content need we had was on release, the other things are as actually well quoted from the title, 'Content updates'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, some shouldn't. Some was added on the review of activities for the Garrison, for example. And still, it is content, weather you don't think so. Features and missions that was generated to give you a more overall grasp at the followers was content as well. Even if we don't think it, adding a new item is content too, and there's hundreds of new items added. Every expansion has their buckets, and really, the major content need we had was on release, the other things are as actually well quoted from the title, 'Content updates'.
    Give me a break. That is never what Blizzard has meant when they said 'content patch'. It's always been substantial additions to gameplay, not bugfixes and a couple of extra profession items.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Other than the new raid content and a few new profession recipes. This 6.1 patch is more on the line of stuff that would have been in the launch content had they had more time. It really not new content, just some that was delayed for whatever reason, most due to the fact they were running out of time before launch, os it get dropped in a patch. They are trying as hard as possible to drag this expansion out in its pieces as far as they can without having to create anymore content as possible. This way the next expansion does not get delayed and we end up having to sit in old content to long.

This is the new norm in this game, little bits and pieces to give the illusion of something grander. People want new stuff out faster, they only way they can do that is to limit the amount of overall content per expansion. Gone are the days of having endless patch content like back in Wrath. Now its going to be smaller compact expansions that people will not have the time to get really bored in, well at least those that raid anyway.