7+ Year Old Account

Guardian druid macro help needed.

Because I am really lazy I am wondering if it is possible to macro mangle and lacerate together, so it used mangle off cooldown then spams lacerate.

This is what I have atm, really no idea what this macro does but it is coming close to doing what I want. Sometimes It will use lacerate when mangle is up though so your help would be appreciated.

#showtooltip lacerate
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=0 !lacerate, Mangle
    /castsequence reset=0 !Mangle, lacerate

Again, I don't have a clue what this macro means.

Here are some simple mouseover macros other ferals/guardians may be interested in.

#showtooltip Cenarion Ward
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Cenarion Ward

#showtooltip Healing Touch
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Healing Touch

#showtooltip Rebirth
    /cast [@mouseover][@player] Rebirth
    /2 WTB GF

I don't think it's possible to have 1 spell react to another spell's cooldown.
    However what you have there doesn't really make sense to me.
    The ! is for auto-toggling. So when you spam it doesn't continuously spam the ability. Useful on toggle effects like stealth, not really sure what its use is here.
    The reset = 0 means it resets to lacerate 0 seconds after you have pressed they macro last. Which just means it will spam lacerate...
    Maybe the exclamation mark sometimes negates the reset=0, I have no idea.

So TL;DR: I don't think it works.

- - - Updated - - -

What you could try is make a macro based on the CD of mangle by using a multiple castsequence.
    /castsequence reset=1 mangle, lacerate, lacerate, lacerate

This is however not the correct use of macro's. They're here to make your rotation easier to use, not do the work for you.

Just being lazy buys you a ticket on the fail-train. Srsly now, they reduced the buttons, and still, still there are people that need macros...

Deleted
    If the objective is to use mangle whenever its off cd and lacerate otherwise, you can just put both casts after each other with mangle first. This way it will cast mangle whenever its not on cd and if it is will cast lacerate. Now obviously you cannot use 2 abilities on the same gcd so it will only execute one of them from top to bottom whichever is not on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    If the objective is to use mangle whenever its off cd and lacerate otherwise, you can just put both casts after each other with mangle first. This way it will cast mangle whenever its not on cd and if it is will cast lacerate. Now obviously you cannot use 2 abilities on the same gcd so it will only execute one of them from top to bottom whichever is not on cd.
    Nope. It will always try to cast mangle regardless of whether its on cooldown and the lacerate line will do nothing.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Nope. It will always try to cast mangle regardless of whether its on cooldown and the lacerate line will do nothing.
    Hm really, well i guess a castsequence is needed then, or a shift/alt/ctrl modifier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    Hm really, well i guess a castsequence is needed then, or a shift/alt/ctrl modifier.
    Modifier would work. Cast sequence is so stupid to line it up with a spell which cd has a Chance to reset.

Seriously, my Bars as a bear a half empty and other people Need macros to merge The few spells which are left since wod

Deleted
    No macro will react to the cooldown of a spell that has a GCD. Even if you made a castsequence macro you'd still be a crap bear because you wouldnt react to mangle procs. You have like 5 spells to keep track of, stop trying to be lazy and use the extra button.