Need mythic butcher help

our raid is beating our heads against the wall after todays progress our best wipe is 3% (wipe 27). What can we improve on?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...486Yj#fight=31

Your mages should definitely be arcane, far higher dps.
    Your demo locks could pull more damage, they are using chaos wave on single target which is bad, they are also under using demon bolt and one of them is overusing shadow bolt.
    You warrior turdglad has low rend uptime on that attempt.
    Also with the strength of your healers you should be able to 3 heal this fight with proper cooldown coordination sub 30%

That's at least a start, is everyone using augment runes?
    Also tell litteredrex bloo from astromigos says hey.

also bloo this is bassun, im ashamed u dont know what guild im in ffs im your cat jeeze.

I though I recognized that lock name hahah. Bro, why u no raid with us.

correct me if im wrong i believe chaos wave is a dps increase to cast over HoG at the end of a large pro/cd because getting 2 ticks of buffed HoG vs a fully buffed Cwave the cwave wins out. tooo much work i usually get off at 10pm u guys start at 9 haha.

It does hit harder but you need the demonic fury from the chaos wave to go into demon bolt. Here's a breakdown you could aim for warcraftlogs.com/reports/fQ3XZk1JTAt7C2pz#type=damage-done&source=66

Your tanks dps is complete shit.

Prot Pally is using Shattered Hand(WHY........). He needs Thunderlord. He is using Holy Shield..... Its still bad even after the nerf to seraphim.

He can easily do 26-28k still with Seal of righteous and Seraphim + Holy Avenger.

Your Blood DK is using Blood Boil over Death Strike.................uiykhlb4wsfreujyhibkFRWDESijkluhnefzrdsjk;hndgsrjkn;lgdfs

Thats what I think. Hes stupid. Death Strike is better on 2 targets than 2 blood boils now. Death Strike has been more dmg on 1 target always. He used Soul Reaper 4 times(its like 4-5x stronger than a single blood boil and he could have gotten at least 14 off or more). He is using Runic Empowerment which is awful. If hes lazy at least use Corruption, but Blood Tap is a lot better still. Also, he isn't using Plague Leech and Outbreak Glyph for max rune generation.

His healing is like 10k lower than it could be if he was literally just Death Striking. Which is also just making it harder on healers too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blooblahguy View Post
    Your mages should definitely be arcane, far higher dps.
    Not if you aren't equipped for it. If they are better optimised for frost then that is obviously the better spec to use.

In general terms, there are some immediate things that should be tried out. Not everyone is double potting, some are not even potting at all. That's a right load of damage missing immediately.

I'm not sure why heroism was used a second time when nobody had died, but I'll guess sausage fingers.

The cleaves are being done well enough so that's fine.

Only 9 augment runes were used - this is not acceptable.

There were a few people staying in vitriol but I don't think that seriously contributed as you did pretty well surviving until the berserk. On that point, just makes sure that melee spread around the boss as it looks like they remained clumped and all got killed at the same time.

Summary: Everyone double potting, using augment runes and getting melee to spread out around the boss at berserk would have been more than enough to kill the boss. Anything else is irrelevant, though I take the point made about prot dps on the boss but that wasn't anything like as serious an issue all things considered.

If you are the raid leader, I have to say that I'm surprised that you don't think use of dps pots and augment runes is a big deal on a dps check fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Not if you aren't equipped for it. If they are better optimised for frost then that is obviously the better spec to use.
    That's incorrect. At their Ilvl, even if you have full MS gear and enchants / gems, arcane will still do more dps. The difference will be thousands if they were to regem and enchant. They shouldn't really be pulling under 34k ish in their gear.

Jello already covered most of this, but you're missing out on 3-4m damage to the boss by both of your tanks playing poorly. You may not think tank DPS is very important, but a dead boss is a dead boss, and it most certainly would've died on your 3% wipe had that been corrected. Looking at your last pull, (4:09) Serinz used 3 Defiles, 3 Soul Reapers, and is spending Death Runes on Blood Boil, which you wouldn't have done even before the nerf. It could be as simple as, "Use Defile on cooldown, Death Strike whenever you can, (Obviously timing it is better) Soul Reaper on cooldown when the boss approaches 35% until it's dead" and combined with the glyph/talent choices that Jello outlined, he'll not only deal more damage, but require less healing/take less damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post

In general terms, there are some immediate things that should be tried out. Not everyone is double potting, some are not even potting at all. That's a right load of damage missing immediately.

I'm not sure why heroism was used a second time when nobody had died, but I'll guess sausage fingers.

The cleaves are being done well enough so that's fine.

Only 9 augment runes were used - this is not acceptable.

There were a few people staying in vitriol but I don't think that seriously contributed as you did pretty well surviving until the berserk. On that point, just makes sure that melee spread around the boss as it looks like they remained clumped and all got killed at the same time.

Summary: Everyone double potting, using augment runes and getting melee to spread out around the boss at berserk would have been more than enough to kill the boss. Anything else is irrelevant, though I take the point made about prot dps on the boss but that wasn't anything like as serious an issue all things considered.

If you are the raid leader, I have to say that I'm surprised that you don't think use of dps pots and augment runes is a big deal on a dps check fight.
    The mages, even in full frost gear/enchants, should still be able to do more with Arcane - if they play it well enough, which could be an issue if they are unfamiliar. Even so, their uptime could've been a bit higher, which would've helped. On our kill last week myself and our other mage were at 98%+ even though he handled all 5 bounding cleaves and I was on the last 4.

However, your main points are right on, and the use of augment runes and dps pots needs to be better. The healers should be doing as much dps as they can right off the start, and pre-potting dps pots as well, it looks like a couple of them didn't attack the boss at all at the start of the fight where there's not much healing needed at all. Both tank's dps could be higher as well. Fixing a few of these things would be enough to get the first kill.