Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Why should any parents take any notice? Its clearly a adult game ment to be owned by adults just like COD or GTA thats why those have a M rating title. If little jimmy is playing Hatred because Mommy bought it and yet didn't look at the content it isn't the content makers fault its the kids moms fault.
    Indeed! Which is why having it be a click away on Steam of easilly purchased in normal retail stores is not a good idea because little Jimmy will be able to purchase the game. Let's be honest, how many store clerks actualy give a F about the age of the kid who buys a product regardless of ratings? With an AO, you can still get the game, little Jimmy can't. What's the problem?

Sorry but its also the point of GTAV as well. You play 3 criminal's who muder and steal for gain.
    The game doesn't require you to kill a single innocent person. It's the enemy combatant rule that western society holds as not murder. Everyone the game forces you to kill is an armed combatant and has the ability to kill you if you play poorly.

Any innocent killing is purely YOUR CHOICE.

Hatred forces you to kill innocent people. If the levels where just you killing police who are trying to kill you that would be different, the game forcing you to kill innocents makes it apple to oranges to GTAV but we have already beat this dead horse in two other threads already, not sure why we needed another for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Indeed! Which is why having it be a click away on Steam
    Once again this falls on the parent. There is child lock settings for PC's and Steam so don't punish the game or the game makers due to the parent being a bad parent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The game doesn't require you to kill a single innocent person.
    Naw it just makes you tortue one.

and gas a store full so u can steal

or go loud and kill people

ALso once again lets not forget all 3 postals are on steam with a M rating.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    but it's still some kind of achievement to have the second game in history getting AO rating for violence and harsh language only."
    Source: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/0...ease-unlikely/

It's not JUST the language, it's also the violence and how it's presented.

Nope nether got a AO rating. GTA:SA almost did due to the Hot coffie mod but it didn't happen. Leisure Suit Larry got a M rating even the Ps2/Xbox/PC version did.
    They both have AO versions present in the USA and the hot coffee "mod" was just a code unlocking the mini game present on the disks. Besides, there were other AO games before 2000 (they just all sucked and made Leisure suit larry look like Mass Effect by comparison).

Now maybe you mean 2nd console game to release with the rating rather than 2nd game to receive the rating ever?

Deleted
    "Even if this violence isn't really that bad and this harsh language is not overused. The guy from ESRB (by the way - very nice, polite and cooperative one) told me it's all about 'the context' which people they're testing gameplay video on will see."
    Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hat.../1100-6424713/

Holy crap, without having actualy looked it up it seems the ESRB agrees with me =P

Oh, and BTW:

ADULTS ONLY
    Content suitable only for adults ages 18 and up. May include prolonged scenes of intense violence, graphic sexual content and/or gambling with real currency.
    Hatred falls under "Prolongued scenes of intense violence" incase you were wondering =)

"Based on the content depicted in Hatred and the overall context of the game, ESRB assigned an AO (Adults Only) rating with content descriptors that include Intense Violence, Blood and Gore, and Strong Language," an ESRB representative told GamesIndustry.biz.
    Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ts-only-rating
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2015-01-18 at 09:17 AM.

Naw it just makes you tortue one.
    Who you actually don't kill, and help escape instead of killing him like the FIB orders you to do, but hey don't tell the whole story when it fucks your point over.

and gas a store full so u can steal

Oh sleeping gas = murdering innocents now?

or go loud and kill people
    Maybe you should watch the own video you posted because you failed to disprove any point of killing innocent people.
    ALso once again lets not forget all 3 postals are on steam with a M rating.
    Also lets not forget you will make another Hatred thread in one month to beat a dead horse and compare apples to oranges again.

Game already got greenlit on Steam, I don't see why they wouldn't sell it, and even if they don't it will still be sold somewhere. Video Games are video games, Jack Thompson failed, stop with the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Game already got greenlit on Steam, I don't see why they wouldn't sell it, and even if they don't it will still be sold somewhere. Video Games are video games, Jack Thompson failed, stop with the bullshit.
    Steam doesn't sell Manhunt 2. They sure as hell aren't going to sell this if it stays at AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Steam doesn't sell Manhunt 2. They sure as hell aren't going to sell this if it stays at AO.
    Actually, they don't sell Manhunt 2 because neither Manhunt 1 or Manhunt 2 works beyond Windows Vista, and even on Vista the game is a buggy mess, not to mention Manhunt 1 did not do well at all on Steam. Rockstar made the decision to not waste money getting the game working on Steam, and paying Valve royalties for a game that didn't sell well at all. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean Valve isn't going to sell it, that said, even if they decide to NOT sell it, it won't change anything, the game will still be available somewhere.

Fact of the matter is, a game getting an AO rating severely dampens both its sales capacity as well as its publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Fact of the matter is, a game getting an AO rating severely dampens both its sales capacity as well as its publicity.
    Sales Capacity? No, the idiots that were going to play it are still going to play it, under 18 or not. See Call of Duty as a great example. Publicity wise, its going to get even more coverage now that its gotten the AO Rating.

Edit: Also important to note, 18 Games have been given the AO Rating, not 2, unless all these sources on this Wikipedia Article are liars.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    second?

Did I miss something in that particular bit of info? Cause I thought Leisure suit larry and GTA: San andreas got that rating as well.
    Since apparently the OP doesn't have much in the way of reading comprehension:

but it's still some kind of achievement to have the second game in history getting AO rating for violence and harsh language only,"

There have been MANY other AO games out there on the market. The rating is typically a retail deathblow since most major retailers won't carry the game.

Most games that get an AO rating include nudity, probably the best example of it would be Age of Conan. Which tried really hard to tout their AO rating to say that they'd be right there in that gritty universe.

Saying this game is not suitable for children is not censorship, all the ESRB is saying that this game is too intense for children. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all have policies in place in regards to all of the ESRB ratings. If a company publishes a game that those three will not approve of, it is not censorship, it is those three companies saying this game is taking things too far. This game can still be sold, but not to as large of a crowd as they would have been able to if it had been a Mature rating. Places will still carry it and it will still be available on the internet, no one is saying this game cannot be pushed to the market or that it has to be changed or their studio will be shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Actually, they don't sell Manhunt 2 because neither Manhunt 1 or Manhunt 2 works beyond Windows Vista, and even on Vista the game is a buggy mess, not to mention Manhunt 1 did not do well at all on Steam. Rockstar made the decision to not waste money getting the game working on Steam, and paying Valve royalties for a game that didn't sell well at all. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean Valve isn't going to sell it, that said, even if they decide to NOT sell it, it won't change anything, the game will still be available somewhere.
    Uhh Manhunt 2 wasn't even released uncensored on the PC until after Windows 7 was already out(late 2009). Might want to check your dates broseph. The game is much younger then Manhunt which is a damn 2004 game. Only Direct2Drive decided to sell it no one else. Amazon got a few retail keys for it a few years ago when Tony was in charge of their PC dowload games service. That's it.

If Valve won't sell an AO game published by Rockstar they sure as hell won't sell one by a crappy indy studio. Literally no chance in hell unless they get the rating down to M.

Remember Steam didn't even sell Postal series until they actually got rated. Games where unrated for a long time and Steam never sold them.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-01-18 at 09:45 AM.

This is just a way for them to try to censor the game and I think thats bullshit.
    All this does is get the game that originally aimed to just get free publicity by word of mouth... more publicity.

How is it ok for this game to get a AO rating but GTA V gets a M rating?

GTA V contains way more...EVERYTHING and yet has a M rating.
    You quoted the guy. Did you not read where it said "context"?

GTA V's GOAL is to make money, and be a criminal. It's NOT meant to commit mass genocide, or even kill in general! (killing is part of it, but by no means the goal). Hatred is a disgustingly awful game about a psychotic lunatic that just wants to kill people, whether they're innocent or not. He doesn't care because he's a giant fucking douche and just goes around murdering people. While, yes, you CAN do this in GTA, it's by no means an intended goal (you're not even rewarded for doing so outside of a paltry amount of money you get from random drops).

Also, not to mention, the playable antagonist is worse than Hitler. He just wants to kill for the sake of killing with no actual thought behind it.

PS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ed_video_games There's a lot more than two. Also, for the record, GTA: SA was AO with the sex minigame, so it's pretty borderline. Honestly though, I wouldn't want my non-existent children playing this game, even if they were in their 30s. NO ONE should play this game, but, y'know, enjoy your psychotic killing spree (as an actual goal of a game). Makes you feel like an actual psychopath when it's intended.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-01-18 at 09:46 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hat.../1100-6424713/

So what is ur guys thoughs on this.

Sorry but this is a way for them to censor the game and nothing more. They are using context as a excuse to give the game a AO rating and therefor it will not be sold in stores or ported to consoles without massive change. Also to add good chance it will also keep it from being sold on Steam unless Valve decides to sell there first AO game.

This is just a way for them to try to censor the game and I think thats bullshit.
    They're not censoring the game. They just gave it a rating. Ten year olds will still play it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    They're not censoring the game. They just gave it a rating. Ten year olds will still play it.
    It won't be coming to consoles (and very unlikely to come to Steam either) if it stays AO, so I don't see how kids (or most adults for that matter) will have access to a game that isn't available on any major platform.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Hm... yeah; ten year olds who were able to get their parents to visit a website with clearly marked "Adult's Only" warnings, age gate confirmations pages, and screenshots depicting very liberal use of brutality... To buy The game for them.

Logic folks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Its all about context. The main goal of the game isn't to kill people in GTA. Hatred deserves a AO rating but that doesn't mean it wont be sold.