Lvl 100 Talent Selections for Highmaul

Hey guys. I'm wondering what lvl 100 talent you're using for highmaul. For arms at least, Ravager seems to be the winner for most fights, but there are a few I'm thinking AM would perhaps be a bit better. Currently I'm using

Kargath - Ravager. If you get stands, it lines up with normal BS CD anyway, and you'll probably only get 2 Recks out of the fight either way

Butcher - Ravager. I think ravager is the pretty clear winner here, you're not gonna get a third avatar/reck anyway.

Tectus. - This one is a toss up. Ravager adds some nice burst at the start of a split, but I'm thinking AM might end up being pretty good here for getting more Bladestorms (though it completely wastes phase 1)

Brackenspore - Again, a bit of a tossup. You would probably get a third reck out of this fight if you're not bringing in a ton of people who are out gearing whatever mode you're on, as well as extra Bladestorms.

Twins - Same thing here. Extra bladestorms would be cool, but I'm not sure if it ends up being worth it.

Koragh - Ravager seems like the no brainer here. Add phases come far enough apart that you're not benifiting from anything other than possibly a third reck, and ravager is great for cheesing the dps meters for adds.

Imp - This one is again a toss up. I'm leaning toward AM here. It seem to line up quite nicely that your Bladestorm comes up right after an add spawns every time. Plus, with such a long fight, extra recks are bound to be great.

**as a quick aside, since I don't think this deserves its own thread; If your group doesn't use lust at execute range for butcher, when should you use avatar/pot then or wait for execute?

Was about to make this exact same topic, great to see others interested as well. I believe the anger management talent is better on Twins / Brack, at least thats what i have been taking. I find that if the tank ever has to move for any reason you are going to miss out on some of the ravager damage on either fight. Additionally, you can use bladestorm on every big add twice or close to it depending on your groups dps.

Kargath - stands i'd take bladestorm + ravager+dragons roar. No stands, ravager+bloodbath+stormbolt.

Butcher - depending on the fights length, ravager + avatar. If your avatar is going to line up with your lust right at 35% or you are lusting at start and the fight is lasting at least 3 minutes and 30 seconds, then avatar is the clear winner, otherwise If its a shorter fight or a long enough to get another blood bath out of it, its probably better to blood bath.

Brack - been using anger management, dragons roar, and bladestorm. It might be right to use ravager instead, if your tanks will hold the boss + add still especially.

Twins - Ravager if your tanks can hold the boss still guaranteed for each ravager, otherwise more bladestorms+dragons roars with anger management is probably better. You might get an extra reck as well.

Koragh - if you need to blow up the adds, bladestorm + ravager, otherwise ravager + bloodbath.

Imp - bladestorm + anger management has allowed me to line up bladestorm with each large add in phase 1/2, in phase 3 its a bit less reliant since the tank moves boss away but in the last phase its a must have. Every time an add pops to small adds you can drop a bladestorm and its a huge dps gain.

Anger management also allows you to time your scabbards a bit easier from my experience with blood baths/blades storms a lot easier. This is another factor, if you have scabbard, its probably better to use anger management + bladestorm/bloodbath where it counts (including butcher possibly?)
    Last edited by masterprtzl; 2015-01-18 at 11:32 AM.

Assuming Mythic You'll want AM on at least Twins and Imperator. All other fights you can argue for Ravager, but on those two fights there's not even a competition.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Assuming Mythic You'll want AM on at least Twins and Imperator. All other fights you can argue for Ravager, but on those two fights there's not even a competition.
    I'm assuming that's just because of fight length or is there some other factor involved?

Bloodbath or Bladestorm vs. Mythic Twins?

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Bloodbath or Bladestorm vs. Mythic Twins?
    If you're Arms (which you should be on Twins) then you go with Bladestorm 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yab View Post
    I'm assuming that's just because of fight length or is there some other factor involved?
    Die by the Sword.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    I'm assuming you are talking about DPS warriors, which is really not my area of expertise, but for tanking I take AM for most fights except Tectus, where I use Ravager.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Currently I'm using

Kargath - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

Butcher - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

Tectus. - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

Brackenspore - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

Twins - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

Koragh - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

Imp - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

It took a lot of testing and simcrafting but I think I nailed the best ones for each fight

Would AM be better than Ravager as Arms on Mythic Twins? Currently progressing on it and I do seem to get the full duration out of Ravager it but due to DBTS CD reduction AM might be more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Currently I'm using

Kargath - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

Butcher - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

Tectus. - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

Brackenspore - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

Twins - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

Koragh - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

Imp - Gladiator's Resolve. I need this to make my spec work.

It took a lot of testing and simcrafting but I think I nailed the best ones for each fight
    Thanks for contributing

Deleted
    I find this post very interresting and I'd like to share with you.

Kargath: I feel like the stands is just a joke and going for AoE talents, which are obviously Dragon Roar/Bladestorm, will boost your dps but doesn't help the boss any more than that, I rather have more ST dps for kargath or tigers. So for me it's Storm Blot, Bloodbath and Ravager which seems to overpower Anger Managment in Arms, refering to sims.

Butcher: Well not much of a discussion here, even if I found the observation on the Avatar talent quite interesting but considering a mythic butcher fight, the best would be Storm Bolt, Bloodbath and Ravager right?

Brackenspore: This is the kind of fight where I'm struggling to choose. Dragon Roar obviously. But is it better to go with Bladestorm or Bloodbath? Because IMO, with the recents up to mastery, Bloodbath benefits a lot more than Bladestorm from mastery in a cleave scenario since you will have a stronger DoT due to the mastery buff in theory whereas Bladestorm just doesn't care about that. And Ravager is nice and all but I just hate this talent so much in a kinda mobile fight, but I guess it would sim out better. So I'm going to say Dragon Roar, Bloodbath and Ravager but I'm not sure about that and I lack the Mythic experience on this one.

Tectus: For me there's no option here, Dragon Roar, Bladestorm, AM because Ravager is just too reliable on adds not moving and it's already hard on Heroic to keep them in one place so in Mythic must be even harder.

Twins: Same thing as Brackenspore, it's obviously a Cleave fight even more than Brackenspore so Dragon Roar, but then Bladestorm or Bloodbath? Plus most guide will tell you that Bladestorm is worth using on 3+ more target but I can't help feeling that It still does very nice dmg compared to Bloodbath so yeah I don't really know. And ravager is a bit weird too depending on how it lines up to Boss abilities, you might have to wait to use it so you hit both bosses, so you loses dps in theory; this is why I like AM so much.
    So I'm going with Dragon Roar, Bloodbath and Ravager I guess, under ideal circumstances.
    Also, would you go with Taste for blood or Sudden death? I don't really know if 2 targets is enough to make TfB worth.

Ko'ragh: Usually, ranges do the adds part so I only need to worry about pure ST. So Storm Bolt, Bloodbath and Ravager.

Mar'gok: Again, I hesitate between Bloodbath and Bladestorm for the same reason. I love AM because it allows for Bladestorm or Bloodbath to line up with the Arcane add spawning every 50s or so. Talking heroics here, else I'm pretty sure Bladestorm is the answer for Mythic. But for heroic fight, I'd say Dragon Roar, Bladestorm and AM.

Would love to hear about other people thoughts.
    Last edited by mmoc68ce7be4c4; 2015-01-21 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowx View Post
    Kargath: I feel like the stands is just a joke and going for AoE talents, which are obviously Dragon Roar/Bladestorm, will boost your dps but doesn't help the boss any more than that, I rather have more ST dps for kargath or tigers. So for me it's Storm Blot, Bloodbath and Ravager which seems to overpower Anger Managment in Arms, refering to sims.
    If you're assigned to go up, you are assigned because you have really good AoE DPS with Bladestorm and Dragon Roar. If you're focusing on ST DPS, you should let someone else go for Balcony then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowx View Post
    Butcher: Well not much of a discussion here, even if I found the observation on the Avatar talent quite interesting but considering a mythic butcher fight, the best would be Storm Bolt, Bloodbath and Ravager right?
    Avatar really makes difference during Execute range, which is the hardest part of the fight so in my opinion is a talent to go for, since it'll squish more overall DPS and more DPS in the frenzy phase.