Multi-report function

There is currently no report function which allows a person to report multiple related offending posts in one fell swoop.

This has 2 current workarounds:

1) report 1-2 of the offending posts and try to explain that there are other such posts in the thread, risking losing context and scale of the moderation request
    2) report each and every offending post - which is feasible if the number of posts that are problematic is low, but if there, say for example 10 posts in the same thread made at different intervals by a person, then the user of the report function runs into the problems where he/she is gated by the 30 second window in between reports, and past that, risk looking "spammy" as the user has just sent 10 identical reports in a very compressed period of time.

A multi-report function would allow the user to choose multiple posts to report at once, ridding of the "spammy" and "gated" component of the single report system, just like a multi-quote function allows a poster to quote multiple people and posts at once without having to manually single-quote each person and copy pasting to a bigger post.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost 100% certain, that the forum software is vbulletin. Which means, any improvement on the software needs to, or should be addressed with the software programmer directly, in order to be heard/recognized.
    I know it's difficult to tell, if it is vbulletin, since there's no foot note at the bottom of the pages, which usually tells the name of the software.

For a muliti-report it's always working if you report the OP representative for the thread. Explain why you report it, and that should do just fine.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    For a muliti-report it's always working if you report the OP representative for the thread. Explain why you report it, and that should do just fine.
    It's not feasible for the person receiving the report to personally go through an indefinite number of pages and sift through the other non-problematic posts in order to understand the context and scale of a multi-report.

I definitely understand the part where it's probably an issue in vbulletin's area of expertise rather than the moderators and admins here, I was just simply redirected to post my suggestion here.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally get your point...
    But if you wanna help the mods, then pull up the notebook from your accessories, and copy/paste the posts you want to report into your thread report.
    I was administrator for a professional football clubs official forums. From there, I can tell you that the value of a reported issue is a lot influenced by the quality of the report.
    So, aside from vB. I suggest a rather simpler " band aid" workaround.
    I wouldn't wanna report let's say 10 posts from a thread. That would be annoying for both, me and the moderation. Browsing through a flood of reports is not fun..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I totally get your point...
    But if you wanna help the mods, then pull up the notebook from your accessories, and copy/paste the posts you want to report into your thread report.
    I was administrator for a professional football clubs official forums. From there, I can tell you that the value of a reported issue is a lot influenced by the quality of the report.
    So, aside from vB. I suggest a rather simpler " band aid" workaround.
    Probably have to try it, then.

I wouldn't wanna report let's say 10 posts from a thread. That would be annoying for both, me and the moderation. Browsing through a flood of reports is not fun..
    I might do it at some point if it was annoying enough(starting to get there). At least everyone involved shares the pain of having something repeated incessantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to report every post in the same thread if not every post is a violation of the rules. Just report the ones that actually violate site policies.

If you're worried about moderators reading enough posts around the offending post to get the context / understand why it's a problem... Please know that they already are looking at reported posts within their thread context; it's an important aspect of moderation. That said, if you feel it will be helpful you can either link the other relevant posts inside the post report for the first one, or you can say something like "read posts between #5 and #12."

Reporting every post actually may work counter to your purpose since it may flood the moderators with post reports and prevent them from being able to give enough time and attention to looking at the context of each post within the thread.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |