Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerain View Post
    Don't forget that PvP requires zero effort and does not have a failure mode while to get Mythic pieces you need to make at least some effort. Yeah, yeah, 2 pieces per month from followers. Still requires you to clear Heroic ~ 3 times.
    If you feel this way please stay off of the PvP forums and don't post just to troll, its not what anyone wants to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceDevilos View Post
    If you feel this way please stay off of the PvP forums and don't post just to troll, its not what anyone wants to hear.
    Not sure what you mean as its true. Given enough time a player can actually get a full set of conquest gear without engaging in combat simply by running from event to event in ashran. Hate to tell you but getting pvp gear requires little effort getting pvp rating though requires effort and skill.

Pvp gear scales up in pvp combat not just instanced pvp so you fight someone in the world all your PvP items jump to that 690 level. PvE gear is afaik scaled down to 690 with set bonus's disabled in instanced pvp making the only benefit as others have said more preferential gear stats.

The mythic gear is not easy to get and from what I can tell much harder to get than the MoP heroic gear. I for one dont see this as being as being a problem. For the absolute best in slot pvp set you may need some mythic pieces but I doubt your rating is going to change much based off of having those items.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    Not sure what you mean as its true. Given enough time a player can actually get a full set of conquest gear without engaging in combat simply by running from event to event in ashran. Hate to tell you but getting pvp gear requires little effort getting pvp rating though requires effort and skill.

Pvp gear scales up in pvp combat not just instanced pvp so you fight someone in the world all your PvP items jump to that 690 level. PvE gear is afaik scaled down to 690 with set bonus's disabled in instanced pvp making the only benefit as others have said more preferential gear stats.

The mythic gear is not easy to get and from what I can tell much harder to get than the MoP heroic gear. I for one dont see this as being as being a problem. For the absolute best in slot pvp set you may need some mythic pieces but I doubt your rating is going to change much based off of having those items.
    While I understand and in no way disagree with your opinion on everything except the stat scaling. There is no justifiable reason for someone to show up post a rage comment, and have no valid information within their post regarding "why" they feel that way.

That being said Mythic Gear is not easy because you have to attain a group of 25 players with a "decent" skill level. Which in WoW I admit is quite the task. That being said PvE gear should be far and away better in PvE which... if we are comparing mythic... it is... however PvP gear is not "far and away" better then Mythic gear in pvp. Is it better? Yes it is... but arguably not by very much, this is my point.

You want to PvE go ahead enjoy it... but your gear should be as good as the starting gear in PvP and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceDevilos View Post
    While I understand and in no way disagree with your opinion on everything except the stat scaling. There is no justifiable reason for someone to show up post a rage comment, and have no valid information within their post regarding "why" they feel that way.

That being said Mythic Gear is not easy because you have to attain a group of 25 players with a "decent" skill level. Which in WoW I admit is quite the task. That being said PvE gear should be far and away better in PvE which... if we are comparing mythic... it is... however PvP gear is not "far and away" better then Mythic gear in pvp. Is it better? Yes it is... but arguably not by very much, this is my point.

You want to PvE go ahead enjoy it... but your gear should be as good as the starting gear in PvP and vice versa.
    I guess its all in how you took his post. I took in reference to gear acquisition as that's the topic. Just noting mythic is 20 man and only around 200 guilds have been able to clear it world wide currently. So its not exactly running from objective to objective like ashran is and decent skill? Not sure I agree with that as well but thats a separate debate. Gear is much easier to acquire in PVP then it is in PVE at the mythic level period that is not reasonably debatable.

Now onto Mythic gear being on par with conquest gear. The only benefit to having pvp be much better would be pvp players having an advantage gear wise over players in mythic gear. The down side is players with mythic gear are put at an obvious disadvantage and this will discourage players from doing both. I personally am all for more players pvping.

In the end I do agree that PVP gear should be better than PVE gear in PVP but I believe that is mostly the case currently. When PVE gear starts to get to 690 ilvl we will have a better idea as to the effects and I blizzard can adjust the ilvl to scale down further if its needed. You wont have a crap rating because you dont max your gear out in with mythic off pieces but there will be players that use that excuse.

Deleted
    If you get ilevel 690 pve gear, you don't need to bother with pvp gear. If you get ilevel +690, it scales down to 690 to be equal to the current season's pvp gear. Blizzard has learned the MoP lessons and will not be repeating that crap.

But they still haven't learned how to put all this info in-game in a way that makes sense and doesn't lead to people making incorrect decisions because the info presented in-game is incomplete and wrong.

Also, iLevel mudflation is bad. 55 iLevels for one tier is absurdly bad game design. And theyre going to increase that further, theyve already said.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    due to that moron holinka's way of destroying crit/multistrike in pvp, you will definitely want every piece of 690 gear to have only haste, mastery or versatility.

Legendary ring and mythic foundry gear can have those combinations, PvP gear does not(Aside from 2 or so pieces)
    Unless you have very important class mechanics scaling with crit, like fury warriors or multistrike, like elemental shamans, yes

Instead of doing the whole only 1 chance at multistrike in PvP, they should at least have doubled the %. It would still reduce rng burst, but it wouldn't cripple the stat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Mythic BRF gear is scaled down to 690 which is the same as Conquest, so mythic gear is best in slot in a lot of cases simply due to statistic allocation. I honestly think it sucks... to be able to min-max in PvP I have to do the highest version of PvE? That's some backwards thinking.
    i think it's way better than mop where raid gear was basically pvp GREENS, no pvp power = no damage as a dps a pvp geared healer hit harder than you it was totally dumb, once i fully 550 geared up my ele shaman it was fun, i could deal damage, heal myself feel like i mattered in a BG.

now in wod i may lack a pvp trinket or set bonuses like immunity to silence/interrupt during ascendance which is obviously huge, but at least i can do something in pve gear i don't do 50% less than a pvp geared player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpantherlol View Post
    Mythic gear is 685 dosnt even need to down scale
    people are talking about BRF mythic which is 695.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Unless you have very important class mechanics scaling with crit, like fury warriors or multistrike, like elemental shamans, yes

Instead of doing the whole only 1 chance at multistrike in PvP, they should at least have doubled the %. It would still reduce rng burst, but it wouldn't cripple the stat.
    np, holinka has fucked elemental way harder than shitting on their best stats, any 1 armed 1 eyed drunken melee can solo the best eles in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpantherlol View Post
    Mythic gear is 685 dosnt even need to down scale
    Mythic BRF is 695, or 701 with warforged. Not a problem yet, but it will be soon™
    Add in the fact it can have far better stats, even more because there are multiple pve alternatives with different stats, while all the (example)pvp 2h str weapons are crit/mastery
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Doing rated bg 3 win a week to cap is pretty much the equivalent of doing LFR and receiving Mythic gear,
    No it's not. PvE and PvP are not capable of being compared like that. Your challenge level for your LFR victories depends on your opponents and could be literally impossible for your team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Mythic BRF is 695, or 701 with warforged. Not a problem yet, but it will be soon™
    Add in the fact it can have far better stats, even more because there are multiple pve alternatives with different stats, while all the (example)pvp 2h str weapons are crit/mastery
    Will never be a problem. Much less than 1% of players will kill any Mythic BRF bosses. Statistically speaking, you could finish the PvP season and never run into one with ease.

set bonus for using 2 PvP trinkets = 10% less dmg from players. pretty substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    No it's not. PvE and PvP are not capable of being compared like that. Your challenge level for your LFR victories depends on your opponents and could be literally impossible for your team.

- - - Updated - - -

You dont need to clear mythic to get mythic items. You can get them from Garrison missions if youve cleared Heroic and have scored a few kills in Mythic.

Will never be a problem. Much less than 1% of players will kill any Mythic BRF bosses. Statistically speaking, you could finish the PvP season and never run into one with ease.
    Except you dint need to clear Mythic to get the Mythic loot. Clearing Heroic (which is far easier) opens up Mythic garrison missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwednesday View Post
    the tooltip on PvP gear scaling up is wrong. It scales up to 710, not 690, and the others presumably scale the same. So PvP gear is still useful
    Source on this please? First time i'm hearing this.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Except you dint need to clear Mythic to get the Mythic loot. Clearing Heroic (which is far easier) opens up Mythic garrison missions.
    The exact same thing still holds. Much less than 1% of players will kill any Heroic BRF bosses. Raiding is something a very insignificant minority of players does outside of LFR, this has always been the case throughout MMO history. This is why LFR was even created, to actually have players see the storylines play out because most players were not.

Also you have to be lucky to even get those missions. I've cleared LFR, normal, and heroic on different characters of mine and I've never seen a single garrison mission related to raids, even though one of my characters has been clearing HM every week since the expansion was released, has a fully upgraded garrison, and has a full roster of 630+ (at least) epic followers.

I've cleared LFR, normal, and heroic on different characters of mine and I've never seen a single garrison mission related to raids, even though one of my characters has been clearing HM every week since the expansion was released, has a fully upgraded garrison, and has a full roster of 630+ (at least) epic followers.
    If that really is the case you are experiencing some bug since there is no magic or much rng involved in getting those missions.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    If that really is the case you are experiencing some bug since there is no magic or much rng involved in getting those missions.
    Wouldn't be surprising. The garrisons are incredibly buggy. For instance, look at the mine. According to the tooltips, putting a follower to work in your mine will add mine carts. However, mine carts show up regardless of there being a follower assigned to the mine or not and assigning a follower doesn't make mine carts more or less likely.

Blizzard really, really screwed the pooch with bugs this time around. I've never seen the game have this many bugs, it's just ridiculous.

I've cleared LFR, normal, and heroic on different characters of mine and I've never seen a single garrison mission related to raids, even though one of my characters has been clearing HM every week since the expansion was released, has a fully upgraded garrison, and has a full roster of 630+ (at least) epic followers.
    Highmaul follower missions open up at 645, you wont see them at 630

The exact same thing still holds. Much less than 1% of players will kill any Heroic BRF bosses. Raiding is something a very insignificant minority of players does outside of LFR, this has always been the case throughout MMO history. This is why LFR was even created, to actually have players see the storylines play out because most players were not.
    There are no less than six guilds on my server (Bleeding Hollow US) Horde side that sell complete Heroic clears for 5k a run. Theyve been clearing Heroic since the first week it was available.

I dont Raid - ive already cleared Heroic once, as a PuG for a group who was missing some guys. In mostly 620 PvP gear with some 660 PvP gear.

Its not hard at all. Im super casual, i've done it. And looking through the stats - a LOT of players clear Heroic (which is actually the old "Normal", as Normal now is what used to be Flex).

Also you have to be lucky to even get those missions. I've cleared LFR, normal, and heroic on different characters of mine and I've never seen a single garrison mission related to raids, even though one of my characters has been clearing HM every week since the expansion was released, has a fully upgraded garrison, and has a full roster of 630+ (at least) epic followers.
    As was already stated - they wont show up until you get your followers to 645, which, if you'd been doing this since the first week, should have been done a while ago.

Deleted
    In my opinion this time around they almost got it down perfectly. I don't even mind that PvP BiS has parts of mythic wf pve in it. In the mmr regions where it matter most there are far worse problems than 100 secondaries here or there.
    PvE trinkets can be a little on the dumb side, but as long as they add all their resilience changes throughout the seasons - if any - to the double pvp trinket set bonus I think we're good. Same goes for the pvp->pve transition; ilvls feel appropriate.

Didn't they change it very late beta so that PvE gear scales down to 680 while PvP gear scales up to 690 to make sure cp gear stays BiS?