Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's funny in a way, but I kind of feel bad for all involved. The mentally ill guy, the guy who had to shoot him, and the woman you can hear crying in the background. At least the guy lived, hopefully he'll get the help he needs.

And seriously, I'm going to join in the chorus of comments about that door. Holy shit, that is weak. It really did look like soggy cardboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    A proper front door would have prevented this entire situation, for the record.
    it would have slowed him down but no standard exterior residential door will keep everyone out if they really want to get in

- - - Updated - - -

Please point out the victim blaming. I see a consensus that it was a legitimate use of a firearm and that the door is laughably bad, without any indication that the apartment tenants were at fault for the door.
    question remains if the right to own that fire arm was taken away we would be reading a whole different head line wouldn't we
    we would be reading a man and a women hacked to death by a man wielding a machete

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Jason has got himself another impostor again.

The guy with the gun was a lot more merciful than I would have been. Would have been waiting on the other side with a shot lined up for his head, that shit is terrifying.

Video is totally frightening/amazing.

Have no idea what I would have done in that situation. Maybe grab a kitchen knife but I am not certain that would have been successful given the circumstances.

I sometimes wish I knew how to do karate or something if ever I am threatened with violence. Under normal circumstances I have no fighting ability or weaponry for defense. Yet alone the knowledge to use a gun smartly.

Freaking amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The door is more of an alarm system.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and this is why we have the second amendment
    Yup.

Tenant should consider a lawsuit over the safety of that front door, there's no way that thing is to code.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Video is totally frightening/amazing.

Have no idea what I would have done in that situation. Maybe grab a kitchen knife but I am not certain that would have been successful given the circumstances.

I sometimes wish I knew how to do karate or something if ever I am threatened with violence. Under normal circumstances I have no fighting ability or weaponry for defense. Yet alone the knowledge to use a gun smartly.

Freaking amazing.
    Take some firearms classes.

I might be a walking poster child for every left-wing ideology known to man, but I support responsible gun ownership.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    The door is more of an alarm system.
    Depends on the door, my door is a double glazed one with safety glass and triple deadlocks so I imagine breaking in would be like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    The guy with the gun was a lot more merciful than I would have been. Would have been waiting on the other side with a shot lined up for his head, that shit is terrifying.
    I think he was just worried about his own safety, you could hear the fear in his voice in the video.

So do we not say "Hey, maybe people should be required to provide doors that can do their fucking job," at some point? If a guy armed with just a machete can get through your locked front door, your door isn't good enough–Nobody should be able to casually put their foot through your front door. In your rush to praise the Second Amendment, you're completely overlooking what should be considered a failure on the part of the landlord to provide suitable living conditions, which is the only reason it was necessary for anyone to get shot in the first place.

as you can see from all three videos they are all proper residential exterior doors and was able to be breached about as fast as the man with the machete was able to with the cheaper interior door
    so stop with the if it was a proper door it wouldn't have happened bull crap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Depends on the door, my door is a double glazed one with safety glass and triple deadlocks so I imagine breaking in would be like this.
    Whoops, I meant THAT door is more of an alarm system. I, too, live in a heavily fortified bunker.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was rightfully shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Whoops, I meant THAT door is more of an alarm system. I, too, live in a heavily fortified bunker.
    I think that too many people neglect home security of favour of personnel security, a fully double glazed home is almost burglar proof, saves money on heating bills and increases the value of the home. While I support the right to defend your home against intruders using by using force against them I would rather they not be able to get in at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Wish I had the same.

Just not practical though and it's against my contract to try and replace it regardless.

(14 people per level, 3 levels to a wing, 5 wings in total).

Also a fair few addicts in a few of the other wings...

First thing I did was buy a safe, and seemingly it's the only thing I can do.

**Former addicts
    Perhaps move to a better flat

Houses FTW

Deleted
    Not all exterior doors are the same.
    Like to see somebody walk through a solid oak door

A proper front door would have prevented this entire situation, for the record.
    So would not kicking it down machete in hand, for the record. This is clearly an apartment building and having a landlord change your door can often take some time and be damn near impossible, and would definitely be against almost any lease to do it himself, so we have no idea he wasn't in the process of doing that, so let's stop judging the poor guy for not having a better door and judge the guy that kicked it down with a machete instead. If we have to judge anyone, machete guy is clearly the one in the wrong, and I'm sure his court ruling will show agreement in that regard.

Deleted
    Still looked fake tbf

I feel sorry for the door, for the 2 man, meh, its 2 men out of 7+ billion.

I never blamed the guy with the gun for having a shitty front door. Stop being so quick to judge.
    Ah so you were just making a completely obvious observation instead of trying to contribute anything real to the discussion. Got it. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    I think that too many people neglect home security of favour of personnel security, a fully double glazed home is almost burglar proof, saves money on heating bills and increases the value of the home. While I support the right to defend your home against intruders using by using force against them I would rather they not be able to get in at all.
    I agree, but think in this scenario the tenant was pretty poor and probably could not afford better home security. Hence why they were living in a shitty apartment complex.