Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Butcher water strat

Is there a written guide or video explaining how to do the Butcher in the water strat to avoid add mechanics? It doesn't look like a hidden science, I just can't really tell from any videos showing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.twitch.tv/theetova/b/610779816?t=2h57m50s

Not a guide but you can see it from a tank PoV.

Basically pull the boss to that back corner ranged stack with their backs towards the wall across from the tanks one cleave grp behind him near the bones the other on the bosses left. Marked Triangle and Diamond(me )

done it for all my mythic kills. You use a corner of the room in the water to funnel *most* of the little ads around a corner. The ads beeline for the boss and expload when running into him reducing a lot of the dmg/movement. You will need 1 soaker that can get the rest of them *the ones that spawn and go in a strait line to the boss*. Those will hit your mele instead of exploading on the boss and must be soaked.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIx0k0j-ZIY
    Asmongold has a very good guide
    Quote Originally Posted by zolok
    Haha, everyone knows FIFA isn't a football game, it's Soccer!
    Quote Originally Posted by W
    You are clearly the idiot here as Blizzard would be able to check the IP address and mmo-champ can match up the ip address as well so boom headshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by fshfsjdk
    by the way, it's not key logger.

Quote Originally Posted by toxiciity View Post
    100% what I was looking for, thanks.

clever use of game mechanics

I know he probably said it somewhere in the guide but I was watching from work with no sound. I got a question on why they change position during the fight. Is it because he starts cleaving on first position and the move to second position when he does the range cleave? I read some guides on this and do not quite understand why you would do that in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pur1tas View Post
    I know he probably said it somewhere in the guide but I was watching from work with no sound. I got a question on why they change position during the fight. Is it because he starts cleaving on first position and the move to second position when he does the range cleave? I read some guides on this and do not quite understand why you would do that in the first place.
    Its so none of the dps have to soak adds anymore. When they change to the back they position themselves so the adds hit the boss and they arent in the pools left behind when they explode. Less healing less dps moving.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Its so none of the dps have to soak adds anymore. When they change to the back they position themselves so the adds hit the boss and they arent in the pools left behind when they explode. Less healing less dps moving.
    I understand the second position they are using. I do not get why they would not move there instantly? Is it because he starts cleaving earlier and they therefore stop moving first in order to not fail the cleaves in the start?

You know what I mean? I do not get why they are not instantly moving to the second position but stay at front first, forcing some adds to be soaked.

Deleted
    I couldnt watch the video atm, but you can only move him once. The way we do it is move him right away ,tanks standing in the corner, ranged on left of the boss (there is some wood there so they dont get knocked back at all) being one soak team, melee behind the boss for second soak team, with 1 mage or warlock standing out and using cooldown for charge (ice block, invis etc..)

Quote Originally Posted by darkinspiration View Post
    I couldnt watch the video atm, but you can only move him once. The way we do it is move him right away ,tanks standing in the corner, ranged on left of the boss (there is some wood there so they dont get knocked back at all) being one soak team, melee behind the boss for second soak team, with 1 mage or warlock standing out and using cooldown for charge (ice block, invis etc..)
    They moved him twice. First they moved him to the edge of the water, soaking the first few adds and dpsing in that position with the two soak camps. After that they moved him into the very corner of the water in a similar setup as you described. I understand the second position completely and it makes complete sense to position that way (not sure about range camp positioning yet, but I am pretty sure it is not that hard, but I do not get the first position right at the corner of the Water. They move from that position into the very corner after the first range cleave, and I can only think that this is due to the fact that it is complicated to move him while he is cleaving and can hook the tanks.

If you do it the way where you only bring him just barely in the water and then reposition in the back of the water after bounding 1 you completely stop soaking adds not 1 single add needs to be soaked and if it does and goes into melee at all you tanked or had bounding cleaves in the wrong spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pur1tas View Post
    I understand the second position they are using. I do not get why they would not move there instantly? Is it because he starts cleaving earlier and they therefore stop moving first in order to not fail the cleaves in the start?

You know what I mean? I do not get why they are not instantly moving to the second position but stay at front first, forcing some adds to be soaked.
    Because DPS loss, for sure. You would have to perfectly line up some Fox Aspects, Missdirects to do perfect DPS and even then, you may lose some DPS. I also believe that he would start cleaving around before reaching the tanking zone. All in all, if you do it right, it works.

Deleted
    I think if you move him in one go you risk the cleave occurring before your in position, also generally you hero on the pull and thus minimising movement on the pull improves dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    Because DPS loss, for sure. You would have to perfectly line up some Fox Aspects, Missdirects to do perfect DPS and even then, you may lose some DPS. I also believe that he would start cleaving around before reaching the tanking zone. All in all, if you do it right, it works.
    We run straight back. I take 1 fox 1 stamp to get ther. no dps loss whatsoever. its not hard to line up in the slightest. Fox/stamp as soon as he steps into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by toxiciity View Post
    Boom, Doesn't Matter. Boss is dead!

Loved his vid

We run straight back. I take 1 fox 1 stamp to get ther. no dps loss whatsoever. its not hard to line up in the slightest. Fox/stamp as soon as he steps into the water.
    Feels risky to me. We barely get him into position at the first spot before he does a cleave. I dont think ITS impossible to do it how you describe but I think you risk someone being out of position and getting a cleave on the wrong person. Also wasting fox and stamp at the beginning rather than during bounding cleaves seems a bit silly. Thats just from my perspective though I definitely wouldn't trust all ten melee to be in the perfect spot within a matter of seconds at the same time doing their rotation.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Feels risky to me. We barely get him into position at the first spot before he does a cleave. I dont think ITS impossible to do it how you describe but I think you risk someone being out of position and getting a cleave on the wrong person. Also wasting fox and stamp at the beginning rather than during bounding cleaves seems a bit silly. Thats just from my perspective though I definitely wouldn't trust all ten melee to be in the perfect spot within a matter of seconds at the same time doing their rotation.
    It doesn't matter if the wrong person gets hit by a cleave. Not going to break down all the maths, but if you think about it, you will see that it's not an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    He doesnt cleave at all while running back there.

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    It doesn't matter if the wrong person gets hit by a cleave. Not going to break down all the maths, but if you think about it, you will see that it's not an issue.
    Uhh alright? Pro tip, when arguing a point dont tell the other person that you won't show them how they're wrong but that they should just think about it. The only conclusion I can come to is that if one person is too fast or too slow he may have an extra stack of cleave which could result in his death which could result in the whole groups death. If you can show me where im wrong I will gladly listen but dont say im wrong and then not tell me how. Thanks.

He doesnt cleave at all while running back there.
    That wasnt my point. How close to the first cleave are you when you guys are just settling into position?
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory