destro lock, mastery better that crit now?

im just unable to know if mastery is better that crit right now... some people told me that mastery is better right now that crit, but when i check icy-veins or other website, its still crit, probably not a big difference, but still, if anyone can help me with all this TY!

Crit should be a bit better, but most people go mastery due to it being universal to all 3 specs, plus mastery is still very close to crit as destro also.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsemonster View Post
    Crit should be a bit better, but most people go mastery due to it being universal to all 3 specs, plus mastery is still very close to crit as destro also.
    i think you got a good point there, demo is back i think, but im mainly playing destro(its like my 4th alt) so crit-mastery both are good anyway

This should really be more, is crit better than haste. Because you have two secondaries to choose from. The spec revolves around heavy crit followed by heavy mastery.

The end of MOP in mythic progression, you could interchange crit to haste (for mastery haste) for almost identical output with sustained, but lower burst.

The stat priority still follows crit>mastery imo.

I would casually weave in vers, multistrike, and haste if you just can't find the two together, as they have almost identical stat weights.

There really is no basis for crit over mastery, they should be used together, whenever possible.

Any fight where you can manipulate havoc fairly regularly(Damn near every encounter) Masteries value increases, so overall mastery>Crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepelio View Post
    Any fight where you can manipulate havoc fairly regularly(Damn near every encounter) Masteries value increases, so overall mastery>Crit.
    aye, the only fight in higmaul were crit might have a greater value than mastery is butcher and and kargath non-mythic, and mastery will always have a greater than crit in the other specs, so mastery is going to be your "go-to" choice.

i am running with just destro since most of my gear is crit mastery which is destro stats. My weapon thou is mastery thou so if i do have to change i can at least put up some sort of numbers as demo.

Deleted
    What Icy Veins is showing you is a result of pure single target simulations. This is where crit is indeed better than mastery (not by very much).
    However, this is not how most of the bosses really work.

The moment you have the possibility to
    a) use havoc to cleave chaos bolts/shadow burn
    or
    b) shadowburn dying adds to generate "free" burning embers
    or a combination of a) and b) your ember consuming spells will be a larger chunk of your total damage than in a pure single target scenario and the value of mastery will skyrocket.
    Go and read the tooltip of your mastery ingame and you will see that it revolves about buffing your ember consumers.
    More ember consumers (= duplicated by havoc OR more embers due to shadow burn) always means mastery party.

The stat priority on Icy Veins only tells you how to be very good at standing still and nuking one target without looking left and right. However, this is not how most bosses have been working for a couple of expansions.
    Standing still and nuking one target is also a task which destruction is not very good at and where you might consider getting some experience with other specs that also like mastery.