Poll: What made you level up your alts?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

What made you level up your alts? How many do you have?

So, I am super lazy when it comes to leveling alts and so far I only have 1 level 100, but will most likely level 2 others just for the purpose of rare mount farming. The thing is, I know people that have 5 or more alts and they do the garrison daily tasks every day on their alts which is something that blows my mind since I already feel kind of bored just for having to do it on 1 character.

So, what about you, how many alts do you have? What made you level them up?

10+ Year Old Account
    4 100s. Basically boredom and the fact the leveling experience is much better than the end game currently, aside from raid nights. Garrisons blow dick, I have endless gold and a full guild bank of WoD mats. So I level alts....

As it stands, there is not a whole lot to do at level 100. This combined with poor set up of the garrisons has left this xpac with one major thing to it's name: Leveling. The leveling experience is actually pretty positive, I find it hard to level a character out side of the WOD content just because of how fantastic the WOD leveling was.

So I have several level 100s, mostly because if i'm not doing BGs, I have two choices: Cancel sub, or, play an alt.

Just leveled my 4th to 100. It started out for access to professions, but now I do it to play different gameplay styles. I enjoy playing all the toons I get to max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanted to experience another class. Also, bored.

I usually PvP when bored, but now that PvP is retarded, I just level alts instead.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Got 4 100's, and countless 90's.

Most of my 90's are because I had a Horde server, and went back to my Alliance one after MoP due to real life stuff, so couldn't commit to the Horde raiding, whereas my ex (guild master of a new guild) only raided once a week, so joined up with them. Now I have another raiding guild who raid 3 times a week too, but they said I can come as and when.

1 druid, 1 paladin (main), and two priests, one being my main for my 3 day a week guild.

I level most toons because I enjoy playing the low levels, and if I enjoy the character I will continue to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I find it relaxing is a major thing. I don't go in to a spiral of dispair like some others when the word 'alt' is brought up.. I'm.. An Altoholic.

Currently: Rogue lvl 100, Paladin lvl 100, Druid lvl 100, Warlock lvl 100, Warrior lvl 100
    Incomming: Hunter lvl 94, Paladin lvl 96, Death Knight lvl 93, Mage lvl 92

Then from that bunch, I have about 31 lvl 90's untouched as well as a good but of characters between lvl 10 and 89.

Mean reason for the amount of alts was, a profession minimum for each - I don't trust many players and their ways of doing business, so I get it myself.
    My first shaman started as a lvl 1 bank char, one day I was bored, so I leveled him up.

I find it easy, first find a likeable name, class, race - all has to fit together, then a transmog on top and all is good.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horde Warlock for the initial WoD months, but got curious about the Alliance so went Alliance Death Knight, but then discovered that I hate tanking but love healing (...after playing since WotLK with the warlock ARGH) so I switched to Alliance Priest, but then ma friends on the horde said they would be doing normal raids so... Use the boost on a Horde Monk.

BAM. Four characters at max lvl. Only playing the last one. Sometimes I think I fucked it up on the main-choosing.
    But it was fun.

Keep in mind that, at the start of WoD, I had like 4 lvl 90s for the achiev-thingy. But leveling 90-100 was smooth.

Deleted
    Have 2 alts at 100 from 90, leveled them mainly because it is enjoyable to do the leveling content 90-100 especially compared to the last 2 expansions, and for some extra gold income, and do some other things when not raiding on main.

Poll should have been in checkbox format. "A bit of everything" will have to do. (-just for pvp, -for mount farming.) I just don't want to miss out on anything so one of each just seems like the default position. Admittedly, I can't bring myself to level my fourth 100 simply because it feels like solving a dungeon puzzle over and over and over again.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2015-01-15 at 10:45 PM. Reason: additionally~
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Three level 100s (Shaman - Main, DK - PVP Main, Monk - casual PVP) and I'm not leveling another one until the new heirlooms come out so I can level faster as I already hate leveling this expansion.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

In Mop i had every class at 90 simply because i like trying new classes. In Wod however, garisons have killed all inclination of leveling my alts. not because i enjoy garrisons, i just dont want to deal with it on multiple charecters.

Deleted
    Where is

"Because i have fun plying alts"

?

I would have chosen that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Where is

"Because i have fun plying alts"

?

I would have chosen that.
    I picked a bit of everything, and then in my mind proceeded to extend the list. Others doesn't have to know, as long as I do, I'm fine.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit of everything.
    For me, there's too much in a game like WoW that interests me. That I could never play just one character.
    For example different classes and their specs, experiencing both factions and so on.

Over the years I have had countless alts, hardly any of them have survived. Most didn't get higher than somewhere between 20-50 most of the time.
    Today I have a total of 8 characters, out of those I only play 2 as if they where my main character. And 2 I play every now and then as alts, the rest are likely to be purged.

I tend to end up deleting characters after a while, because it's too long time since I played them, and then the classes are often overwhelming and I don't know where to start. Which leads to deleting, and start from scratch (if I can be bothered).

Deleted
    no "because i saw others having a really good time with that class"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of them, I leveled back in Cataclysm when the endgame took about an hour of playtime a day and I didn't have much else on my plate after work each night. These days, I'm leveling them because there's not much worth the time it'd take to do on Draenor outside my Garrison and a couple dungeons/BGs/an LFR wing. Takes me a couple hours and I'm left with a good bit of free time before turning in after work.

On the bright side, it's done wonders for my hours clocked in Fallout: New Vegas.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

got CMs on all 5 tanks in MoP and loved exploring all the different tanking playstyles so got all 5 to 100 ASAP in WoD. Alts really help with Garrison/prof CDs too.
    Also got a rogue to 100 for picking lockboxes and for having the final 11th proff too.

Levelled 8 100s so far, slowly working on another 4. Mostly just because I'm bored, but also because my guild kinda relies on me to know everything(and I like knowing as much about as many classes as possible), and to see if there's one I enjoy enough to make my main alt(because right now I'm sort of bouncing between like 4 different ones as well as my main)
    In MoP I levelled 26 or 27 characters to 90, and had a total of 35ish 85+ characters. Mostly because I decided to do a bunch of RaF in the summer holidays, and... SoO was out for so damn long.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I currently only have one alt right now that happens to be a disc priest, since our guild is in need of healers and because I haven't healed since Vanilla. I am currently leveling a WW monk as well when I get bored.