Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should Intimidation be buffed?

Since they are doing talent balancing in Patch 6.1, should our tier 2 CC talents also be balanced better?

Right now we have Binding Shot and Intimidation on the same tier of talents. To compare:

Binding Shot:
    5 second stun on multiple targets (Not guaranteed on cast but it's not like it's difficult to have the stun proc. If they just stand still to avoid it then you've successfully made them root themselves.)
    30 yard range
    45 second cooldown

Intimidation:
    3 second stun on only one target
    Require pet in melee range
    60 second cooldown

Is there really any reason to take Intimidation at all? It Binding Shot is not hard to use and it has a longer stun duration and can stun multiple targets. On top of that, it's cooldown is shorter. Why would they not buff Intimidation after an expansion and a half of it being this bad compared to the other talents? It should at least be 5-6 seconds in duration or have half the cooldown that it currently does. Maybe someone else knows something about Intimidation that I don't that somehow makes it decent ever, so please let me know if you do.

Deleted
    Because intimadation is an overpowered abilty for a Bm hunter espec during a beastial wrath. Back at the start of mop it was used with readiness to wreck people and double Bm hunter teams caused a river of tears so large it flooded its banks and swamped every wow forum on the internet in a quagmire that didnt dry up until patch 5.4.

Dont expect Intim to be made useful (or indeed readiness to return) for at least another expansion.

oh you also missed out that if you press intimidate while your pet isnt on the target (cos the resto dudu is kiting it ><) the abilty goes on cd, but the stun doesnt happen. Unlike binding shot.

The most important issue with Intimidation, at least in pvp, is that it hardly ever works, usually just does nothing. Binding shot is bugged aswell (for example druids shapeshifting often wont get the stun) but it's still more reliable and simply better to use. Intimidation should be buffed imo, a change to way it works would be nice, ie - use it on target and pet charges at it with stun. Right now just avoid it

Deleted
    I would give intimidation to bm hunters as an exclusive spell, perhaps even on longer cd, and replace that talent with something new for all three specs. Maybe even something old (scatter shot).

Deleted
    Intimidation NEEDS to be taken off GCD and added 1-2 seconds duration to make it viable... 1min CD, 3 sec stun on GCD is so stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    It needs to be buffed badly. Either a reduced cooldown (30 sec) or just replace it with Scatter Shot as a stun for 3s. Preferably the latter, as Intimidation is a dead talent for Lone Wolf, and that's bad design.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    It needs to be buffed badly. Either a reduced cooldown (30 sec) or just replace it with Scatter Shot as a stun for 3s. Preferably the latter, as Intimidation is a dead talent for Lone Wolf, and that's bad design.
    Spirit bond, Blink strikes, and to an extent, steady focus, are also dead talents with Lone Wolf enabled. It's not as much "bad design" as it's just how some talents work; you're supposed to be a hunter with a pet, so talents revolve around pets, and if you pick the one talent that lets you not have a pet, those talents go buh-bye. Same for warlocks and grimoire of sac - you lose out on benefits (such as sac'ing your demons HP instead of yours for Sac Pact etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Same for warlocks and grimoire of sac - you lose out on benefits (such as sac'ing your demons HP instead of yours for Sac Pact etc).
    TThe difference is with warlocks, they don't end up with dead talents. Even Soul Link gives a modifier to GoSac. All of their talents are usable with GoSac, even the one that lets their doomguard and infernal be normal pets whose name eludes me at the moment, however suboptimal it may be.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

it was to OP in PVP, blizz nerfed it and don't want to spend the resources to balance it or replace it with something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jinsu View Post
    it was to OP in PVP, blizz nerfed it and don't want to spend the resources to balance it or replace it with something else.
    No one in their right mind used intimidation in pvp - binding is better in every way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    No one in their right mind used intimidation in pvp - binding is better in every way possible.
    BW>Intimidation>Readiness>Intimidation It's a relic of a spell that lost its use because of the removal of readiness,

Deleted
    Intimidation is junk. Stuns for too little and the cd is too long. Not to mention it's single target only.
    Wyvern Sting is also junk but at least it has some uses.

Only viable choice is Binding Shot.

The whole "on next attack" mechanic makes it really annoying to use. I wish it were just reliable to use like the old shale spider stun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jinsu View Post
    BW>Intimidation>Readiness>Intimidation It's a relic of a spell that lost its use because of the removal of readiness,
    That doesn't change the fact that no one in the current state of the spell would use it over binding. My point still stands.

honestly i think intimidation should be baseline for BM

Replace it with the knockback trap glyph

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Replace it with the knockback trap glyph
    Lol, that would be a major nerf to hunters, Mr....Warrior is it?

To be honest I think Intimidation is fine in concept but I think it needs a 30 second cooldown. Binding shot should be a 60 second cooldown but automatically stuns without having the need for movement.

Lets compare really quick to Warlocks shall we?

Hunters have the choice of
    60 sec CD single target 3 sec stun 1 target AND pet has to be in range
    45 sec CD 5 second stun possibly Aoe WITH travel time possible to NOT even stun them but have to be rooted basically
    45 sec CD Single target Sleep with 1.5 sec cast time

Warlocks have the choice of
    40 sec CD (being hit by melee reduces CD by 1 sec) Instance cast Aoe fear. Damage "may" break fear usually takes a bit.
    45 sec CD instant cast horrify also heals lock for 11% of HP
    30 second instant cast Aoe stun

Which of these would you trade your hunter cc's for? ALL OF THEM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That entire tier of talents needs a look (except maybe Binding Shot). I can't remember the last time I've seen anyone use anything other than Binding Shot.

Just because it is the most used doesn't mean its a good spell. It is pretty crap compared to some other CC talents.