Brackenspore Mythic, what are we doing wrong?

Hello guys, we are struggeling on Bracken for over a week,

here are some logs of our last tries,

I would like to know, besides the accidental mistakes, like not kicking decay or stepping on a mushroom mine, what are we doing wrong?

Is there someone between our players that just makes some huge mistakes? like not using some important cd at all or playing bad his class?
    Because even when we manage to kick every decay, to not step on mines and to avoid the wave, we just can't go past 50%

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/brjB2RJDhHAWdxKN/

thank you very much

Who are you using on flamethrowers? I see you have two hunters on relatively low damage. If you are using your warlock on the flamethrowers I would suggest you at least swap him out for a hunter, they are much more mobile so in theory they will get more up time on the buff that comes from clearing moss. Your dps does seem really even though, it is usually pretty clear who is on the flamethrowers, so that is possibly a problem.

Legacy Esports ☾ Frostmourne

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Zoseph View Post
    Who are you using on flamethrowers? I see you have two hunters on relatively low damage. If you are using your warlock on the flamethrowers I would suggest you at least swap him out for a hunter, they are much more mobile so in theory they will get more up time on the buff that comes from clearing moss. Your dps does seem really even though, it is usually pretty clear who is on the flamethrowers, so that is possibly a problem.
    the 2 hunters and the boomkin, but on some tries we had to swap the druid into resto, and the rogue filled the third flamethrower

The pulls you linked are extremely short, so it is hard to really go in-depth with flamethrower stuff. It is very likely they are low damage because at the start of the fight there isn't enough moss to keep high stacks of the damage buff up. However, I did find a decent number of overheating across the night (there should be 0 overheating ever, under any circumstances, ever):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=163666

This is especially noticeable on the 6 minute pull, WAY too many overheats (again, >0 is too many):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=163666

Also, on the 6 minute pull, I noticed a problem with how your players are handling the flamethrower damage buff. The Burning Infusion damage buff should never expire, and you should aim to keep the stacks as high as possible without overheating. However, as you can see with the link below, the flamethrower users let the damage buff expire for long periods of time (due to the overheating problem above):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=165223

Here you can see how the overheating directly leads to poor buff uptimes:

Click here

On that same 6 minute pull, I noticed two tank deaths. This shouldn't be an issue with your healing comp (hpally and disc). Here is the first death:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ight=4&death=1

The disc priest needs to be using Clarity of Will on the tanks more. Clarity of Will absorbs are not diminished by Necrotic Breath, and is arguably the very best way to "heal" tanks through breath. However, the largest reason why the tank died in that link was because he was tanking the Flesh Eater with 5 stacks AND the boss at the same time. That can't happen. The other death that tank had was because they asked for/got ZERO external CDs for the breath, along with ZERO healing from Clarity of Will (the Disc's job):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...lity=1&death=3

Tanks should be very vocal about calling for externals, you can use one EVERY breath. For example, on that pull, in your raid you had access to:

-1 Vigilance (CD: 2 minutes)
    -4 Hand of Sacrifice (CD: 1.5 minutes, 2 charges)
    -2 Ironbark (CD: 1 minute)
    -1 Pain Supp (CD: 3 minutes)
    -1 Life Cocoon (CD: 1 minute 40 seconds)

Your team used this many of them:

-1 Ironbark TOTAL
    -2 Pain Supp TOTAL
    -1 Sacrifice TOTAL
    -3 Cocoon TOTAL
    -0 Vig TOTAL

You could have possibly used:

-3 Vigilance
    -16 Hand of Sacrifice
    -12 Ironbark
    -2 Pain Supp
    -3 Cocoon

Obviously there are a lot more defensives that the tanks could have, and should have, been using before they even think about dying. Tanks should be super aggressive with calling CDs on brackenspore. This fight is good practice for the next few fights you'll come up against, as they are even more demanding for tank CDs (Tectus and especially Butcher). Just to illustrate this even more: Just considering the ironbarks, with 2 resto druid, you can have 24 seconds of 20% damage reduction every minute. So that is 40% uptime on an external, WITH JUST IRONBARKS (compared to you guys' 3.2% ironbark uptime on the 6 minute pull). With all the CDs considered, tanks can basically have 100% uptime on external damage reductions.

About the Flesh Eaters, it seems like your DPS is killing them in time. They are dying right after they get their seventh stack, which is workable. Six is easier, but seven is fine. As long as they aren't getting to 8, the tanks should survive. Source:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=159972

However, taking everything above into consideration, the biggest problem I'm seeing is simple: consistency. You guys had ONE pull the entire night that was longer than 2 minutes 30 seconds, and that was the 6 minute pull. The rest were mostly 1-2 minute pulls with either people standing in exploding fungus or missing an interrupt. While these are clearly silly mistakes that aren't intentional, brackenspore is a long ENDURANCE type encounter. Players need to be consistent and focused for 8-10 minutes STRAIGHT. The #1 thing you guys should focus on is getting consistency down. Once you're getting 6 minute pulls back-to-back, a kill is soon to follow.

Best of luck, I hope my late night post doesn't contain too many spelling/grammar errors. Just some stuff I noticed by quickly glancing at the logs. Not trying to be mean anywhere, just giving it to you straight. If you have any more specific questions about the logs or the boss, feel free to respond and I'll take a look.
    Last edited by Lavathing; 2015-01-19 at 11:33 AM.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

You have people not switching to the big add. That is the entire fight. The faster you kill the fungal flesh eater, the more survivability your tanks have. And thus, the easier the entire fight is.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aken&by=target
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2015-01-19 at 11:33 AM.

3 tank 4 heal is the easymode version. 1 tank on big add fulltime and other 2 on boss. It also works out to more dmg to the add/boss while making the tank healing trivial with a holy paladin and double beacon.

Interrupt / CC the spore shooters. Seriously this shit does SO MUCH damage. Ranged DPS should focus these guys and interrupt them ASAP. On our 9 min kill last night, we took 3.9 millions damage from Spore Shooters. On your 2 min tries, you took like 2/3 millions.

it's not only about interrupting it. the spore shooters shoot a random? (they got some threat table, but seems random often enough). interrupts are obviously great, but their missiles are projectiles that explode and splash dmg on impact. meaning if you let them hit the camp, everyone takes massive dmg. if a range dps that hits them stands in between them and the camp, their missiles will explode on that guy and hit no one else, reducing raid damage by a shitload.

Deleted
    Sometimes it can be relatively tricky to set up interceptors for spore shooters, and ensuring that a spore doesn't go off in the raid whilst infesting spores is being cast a challenge. Our quick and dirty fix was just to have the whole raid swap to them, yes that meant having melee even run off to kill them, but they died quickly and spore damage was kept very low.

This fight isn't to much of a dps check, just a survival check, if the whole raid survives form 10mins and the adds die quickly the boss almost dies ad an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    Our quick and dirty fix was just to have the whole raid swap to them, yes that meant having melee even run off to kill them, but they died quickly and spore damage was kept very low.

This fight isn't to much of a dps check, just a survival check, if the whole raid survives form 10mins and the adds die quickly the boss almost dies ad an afterthought.
    Exactly. Everyone switches, even melees (maybe not if Spore Shooters are SUPER far away), and everyone interrupts. Ez pz. We actually ended the fight with 40 sec to spare before enrage, I believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoseph View Post
    tbh most of these attempts are so short, it's too early in the fight to judge their flamethrower use. people are dying 60-90 seconds into the fight.

your melee really need to work on not letting decay cast go off, like half of your wipes involved letting that add get a cast off.
    Last edited by mmocbbccd2592f; 2015-01-19 at 05:42 PM.