Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best mainclass stories?

Im looking to level 4 characters from scratch in Swtor. I would like to know which sides have the best stories per mainclass. For example. Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight. I would then pick the class with the best story. This will allow me to play every class, and experience the best stories.

Imperial Agent.

Imperial Agent
    Jedi Knight
    Sith Warrior

those are my top 3 in that order

the others are ok but didn't entertain me like those 3 did

Well, each base class splits off into 2 advanced classes, which are very different from each other. For example Jedi Knight becomes Guardian or Sentinel. So you could do all eight stories, but take the other advanced class on the Imperial side. For example, go Sentinel with your Jedi Knight, and then go Juggernaut with the Sith Warrior. That way you get to experience both stories, and have different characters.

Otherwise I'd go:

Imperial Agent over Smuggler
    Jedi Knight over Sith Warrior (this is very close, in some ways Warrior is better, but Knight is better in terms of larger picture)
    Sith Inquisitor over Jedi Consular
    Republic Trooper over Bounty Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, which story is the best in game in your opinion? Trying to decide what to level first.

Imperial Agent is the best story.

But you might want to do Jedi Knight first. Jedi Knight is more straightforward, and a typical Star Wars story. Agent is a spy story, and is very behind-the-scenes, cloak-and-dagger stuff.

Jedi Knight definitely has the most star wars feel of any of the stories. It's cliche but a good cliched story.

I'd rank the imperial agent above it (especially act 2) but it is probably least star wars type of story in the game

Agent - Sith Warrior - Bounty Hunter - Trooper - Sorcerer for me. My Jedi Counceler bored me to death around 40 or so and I quit playing for anything other a tradeskill mule lol.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Agent - Sith Warrior - Bounty Hunter - Trooper - Sorcerer for me. My Jedi Counceler bored me to death around 40 or so and I quit playing for anything other a tradeskill mule lol.
    Agreed. But the Sith Warrior spoils some of the Jedi Knight stuff. It's important to run the JK first. And it has been described as KOTOR 3 in many forums.

Play the Agent or Bounty Hunter first. Which one you want depends on your endurance for running tons of quests to get little bits of story.

The Agent has the best story for Chapters 2&3, but the Bounty Hunter has the best Chapter 1, and it can offer some momentum going into the rest of the classic game. Your experience will definitely be your own, so take this next part with a grain of salt. For me, the Imperial Agent had an awesome prologue, and offered some of the most entertaining starter planet experiences out of all of the classes. However, once I got to Drommund Kass, Keeper was the only part that offered any real weight and drama to the story. This all changed with Chapter 2. Everything got very weird as they don't explain anything to you. You have to discover the story as you progress through it. And that was the right way to go. It was my favorite experience in gaming from the past decade. Also, take the Sniper advanced class. The Operative dies all the time until the end of Taris unless you have Treek with you.

I would say the Imperial stories are overall better than the Republic stories. With that in mind;

Agent
    Smuggler
    Warrior
    Bounty Hunter
    Trooper
    Knight
    Inquisitor
    Consular

Is how I would probably arrange all the classes. Beyond the main stories, ImpMakeb is leaps and bounds better than RepMakeb, and RepSoR and ImpSoR are about on par.

The order changes depending on your XP boost because the pacing changes significantly.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I found the Sith Warrior to be enormously enjoyable, and it felt really Sithy, without having the unfortunate side-effect, "silly evil villain," feel that a lot of other games seem to have.
    Last edited by ManjiSanji; 2015-01-20 at 08:35 AM.

While the story might not be the best, Smugglers have the best dialogue options by a country mile, plus their story is unique in the sense that you are a mercenary that can do as they like, no strings attached (same like Bounty Hunters I guess). Otherwise, The Jedi Knight is in effect the continuation of the KOTOR stories, if that makes a difference to you. For the trooper I did not like at all how they linked the different Acts, it felt both times that they run out of ideas and they sent me around doing the same shit all over again. Overall, though, the Imperials have more interesting/morally less clear-cut stories imo.

Imperial Agent by far is the best. Sith Warrior/Inquisitor are very fun..Especially Sith Warrior, I really was mad about a certain guy (don't say name to give spoilers) and really was looking forward to kill him! Jedi Knight...I only got to level 36 but it was ok until then..

Bounty Hunter/Consular/Smuggler: I played them all to mid 20-30 and their story was indifferent to me...though I can't say if the later chapters are more interesting or not.

In Conclusion, I would go for:

Imperial Agent >>>>>>>>>>> Sith Warrior > Sith Inquisitor = Jedi Knight
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I liked all of the stories except for the Jedi Consular and later chapters of Smuggler (Chapter 1 was awesome), everything else was pretty amazing with Imperial Agent, Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight and Bounty Hunter being the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I liked all of the stories except for the Jedi Consular and later chapters of Smuggler (Chapter 1 was awesome), everything else was pretty amazing with Imperial Agent, Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight and Bounty Hunter being the top.
    I actually really liked the Consular story. It felt very "Jedi" to me, but it was more a "healing" story than a combat one. It felt like a story where you needed to be Light Side and embrace being a Jedi un-ironically. Also, I think it's a story best played after you've done a few other stories.

I liked most of the stories. Some just aren't as flashy as others. Sith Warrior was fun, but I really had fun with the Inquisitor. Most folks put it down though. Same with Consular, folks dislike the story but I found it fit the game well and had a lasting impact. I didn't really care for Agent much, but it was decent.

It's worth noting that companion stories and the class and planet quests also tend to be interwoven. Some of the companions across different classes knew each other.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I actually really liked the Consular story. It felt very "Jedi" to me, but it was more a "healing" story than a combat one. It felt like a story where you needed to be Light Side and embrace being a Jedi un-ironically. Also, I think it's a story best played after you've done a few other stories.
    I didn't like Consular after Chapter 1 because it was mainly about being a Jedi ambassador/ diplomat rather than doing anything heroic or amazing. I agree though that if you fully embrace and empathize with a Light Side Jedi that it would fit the theme quite well. I just found it boring compared to the other stories I had played before it (Bounty hunter, Jedi Knight, Imperial Agent, Sith Warrior).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jedi Knight/Agent/Sith Warrior/Sith Inquis.

best 4, in that order.

They're all good. My list is best to worst, but honestly all of are good.

Knight
    Warrior
    Agent
    JC (chapter 2/3)
    Smuggler
    Trooper
    BH (ch1 is amazing, the rest are kinda meh)
    Inquisitor (some humorous dialogue, but the story was crap imo)